Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 on DJI Osmo

Huh. I have no idea. That is not what my App looks like. I have AF/MF in the upper left corner next to the ISO. The exposure circle can switch between exposure and the green focus box. Also, there is a sliding scale on the left for focus setting. Is it the newest Go App?

Ok update, yes on my ipad mini i have an "autofocus". but it is not continues , i need the press the screen to refocus every time. Is that normal ?

Last edited:
Found this on youtube.. Looks very promising! This is with the grinder down method.
Manual settings.
f1.7 200ISO Focus at 2m
No curves, no color correction.
4K 25fps

Last edited:
Fascinating that it's only in the iOS app. I'm really fascinated to see what DJI does with the next app update. Will they improve functionality for beta testing purposes, or entirely disable the X5 functionality now that people are trying to do a work around?

I am currently making the adaptor ring for the x5 to fit it on an osmo. If you are interested please contact me.

The only way you can use it at the moment is shutter settings in 4k 24fps. Theres some horrendous bug which mirrors the live video feed & autofocus is only tap to focus not continuous at present. However you can still make some ok footage:

Please join in on the official dji forums in asking for updated X5 OSMO firmware ASAP.

I do not have the OSMO yet and plan to wait until the X5 adapter is available. The reason is that the adapter appears to address the problem of not being able to fully operate the four-way button when the X5 is attached with the grind down method. I guess a 3D printed adapter could mimic the arrangement of the official but unreleased adapter but for sure the grind down method inhibits the proper function of the four-way switch.

Also, since I already have the X5 camera I plan to only get the handle and a few spare batteries. I'm hoping the wait is just about over...

Brian

Unless they announce something this week I think I'll send my OSMO handle kit back & wait for a proper adapter release or hopefully an OSMO PRO. I've had a play but without decent firmware or event a release date its just a waste of money. It would be good in the future to be able to use the wireless focus remote with the OSMO too. Look forward to coming back to the OSMO in a few months when its all up & running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo