Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5 on DJI Osmo

Hey there! Just did the modification for the OSMO bracket. X5 fits and works... somewhat... No aperature settings exist in the interface, and with a f1.7 lens its REALLY bright.

Were you able to get the firmware to update on the OSMO? When I installed the X5 I was prompted by the request to upgrade firmware. But it gets stuck at 40% and fails. Tried an IPHONE, and 2 Ipads. Same result. Stuck at 40%.

Video quality seemed OK, but definitely not the quality from the Inspire with X5.

P3650490.JPG

P3650492.JPG

Last edited:
Hey there! Just did the modification for the OSMO bracket. X5 fits and works... somewhat... No aperature settings exist in the interface, and with a f1.7 lens its REALLY bright.

Were you able to get the firmware to update on the OSMO? When I installed the X5 I was prompted by the request to upgrade firmware. But it gets stuck at 40% and fails. Tried an IPHONE, and 2 Ipads. Same result. Stuck at 40%.

Video quality seemed OK, but definitely not the quality from the Inspire with X5.

P3650490.JPG

P3650492.JPG
You can adjust the aperture in app. I use IOS. You need to upgrade firmware OSMO the latest.

it is hard to believe that dji is not selling the adapter kit
I just wonder why they didn't make the handle compatible from the start. My only thought is that they were worried about attaching the gimbal off balance at the control port. If the X5 isn't locked down perfectly, it will fall off the handle. My other thought is that they meant to have it be compatible from the outset, but somebody screwed up the design.

Probably didn't want to make the handle bigger than it needs to be for X3 users by directly supporting the X5 properly. Hence adapter.

Reactions: damoncooper
You can adjust the aperture in app. I use IOS. You need to upgrade firmware OSMO the latest.
ISO and Aperture are different settings. ISO exists, but aperture is not available in the IOS app.

Were you able to update the firmware once the X5 was attached? Can you send a screenshot of your Aperture setting and Firmware screen?

Settings.jpg

IMG_8378.PNG

I just wonder why they didn't make the handle compatible from the start. My only thought is that they were worried about attaching the gimbal off balance at the control port. If the X5 isn't locked down perfectly, it will fall off the handle. My other thought is that they meant to have it be compatible from the outset, but somebody screwed up the design.
I dont see any issue with it falling off, but its it is irritating to hold because the back of the gimbal hangs over the thumb controls.

Attachments

• IMG_8380.JPG
    IMG_8380.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
ISO and Aperture are different settings. ISO exists, but aperture is not available in the IOS app.

Were you able to update the firmware once the X5 was attached? Can you send a screenshot of your Aperture setting and Firmware screen?

Settings.jpg

IMG_8378.PNG

Sorry you're right. It is the same firmware as you refer to. It will certainly get an update for Osmo X5 soon

Aperture cannot be adjusted in the app, but the aperture does work in Shutter priority, and auto. You need to do some creative shooting with the exposure lock.
Just to clarify, can you adjust aperture in the settings currently or are you locked into whatever the lens what last set at? Considering doing this modification...
Aperture cannot be adjusted in the app. The aperture does change when using Shutter priority or Automatic. Plus you can lock the exposure, which worked for me just fine. I can still choose my shutter / fstop , but need to lock in the exposure.

I did a video that might help...

Reactions: damoncooper
Aperture cannot be adjusted in the app, but the aperture does work in Shutter priority, and auto. You need to do some creative shooting with the exposure lock.

Aperture cannot be adjusted in the app. The aperture does change when using Shutter priority or Automatic. Plus you can lock the exposure, which worked for me just fine. I can still choose my shutter / fstop , but need to lock in the exposure.

I did a video that might help...

Nice!

Reactions: Jake@DroneTech
have another one checked from the old absorbing board from the inspire copter use this ring for the osmo?
it has the same 4 screws and mabe it can hold the x5 :)

It should work. Have you made sure that the focus ring on your lens is set to the AF position? Also, AF has to be selected in the app on the main screen.

The AF/MF toggle is in the upper settings rectangle along with ISO, f stop, AE lock, etc. It might only show up if you take the camera settings off of Auto. I don't have it with me right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont