Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Ship Date and Pricing

Wow, where to find the mod, is it safe ? A 30 minutes with the X3 will be a 20 minutes with the X5raw ?
The main reason to look for the H920 (30 minutes with 3 batteries) and its security of 6 motors and acceptable footage at 10 Mbps. I think RAW will be too big to handle. Often I shoot a 40 minutes a day .... + my Sony F5 16bit RAW footage, thinking to buy another 24 Tb disk.
one 24 TB disk? or did you mean array... confused, sorry. :)

one 24 TB disk? or did you mean array... confused, sorry. :)
Just to explain that raw video is crazy, indeed you need array. Raw is perfect for photo. But the need of good detailed footage is possible with the right compression, ProresHQ on a 10 bit file, what the X5r do not deliver ... for the moment. To set up your camera before the shot, it takes some time while not to be stressed about batteries, I prefer some longer fly-time. After the X5 is sold by DJI, perhaps they will publish a new S-line ? Seems logic.

Just to explain that raw video is crazy, indeed you need array. Raw is perfect for photo. But the need of good detailed footage is possible with the right compression, ProresHQ on a 10 bit file, what the X5r do not deliver ... for the moment. To set up your camera before the shot, it takes some time while not to be stressed about batteries, I prefer some longer fly-time. After the X5 is sold by DJI, perhaps they will publish a new S-line ? Seems logic.

so the x5r can not deliver 10bit in raw?
how can that be usable then in film production?
i would like to enter that part of the industry and consider to buy one but if it can not deliver min requirements it would be thrown out money, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so the x5r can not deliver 10bit in raw?
how can that be usable then in film production?
i would like to enter that part of the industry and consider to buy one but if it can not deliver min requirements it would be thrown out money, no?

It delivers raw, but too big to handle and too short fly time. 4k-footage must be ultra sharp, so spending time for the right focus you have not. Most X3 footage are more crispy as the X5.

It delivers raw, but too big to handle and too short fly time.

i see. so either i battery mod and pray every time or have a fast adjustment midflight :) with battery mod and have to fly with zero errors in addition to everything. :D nice
thank you for clearing it up for me.

It delivers raw, but too big to handle and too short fly time. 4k-footage must be ultra sharp, so spending time for the right focus you have not. Most X3 footage are more crispy as the X5.

Flight time isn't an issue with a simple battery mod. It's only a hundred grams or do more than the X5 if I recall.

With regard to RAW file size, sure it's big but it IS compressed with lossless compression (read zip) to SSD. Plus, if you are after ProRes, just transcode on import and delete the RAW. I'd like to see actual recorded SSD storage sizes since capture and storage sizes with compression will be very different.

If they were to lack another SOC in there to do ProRes and all the software around that, it would add weight, use more power, and add moving parts (software speaking) that DJI just isn't good about managing frankly, with continual FW updates, bugs etc.

I say let em slam the RAW bits on disk and let me worry about transcoding on a computer as they've done. Keeps things simple in the air and keeps transcoding bugs to the desktop transcoding software where presumably they've OEM'd 3rd party software transcoding libraries to do the heavy lifting anyway.

The X5R is supposed to be 10-bit 4:4:4 for the record, at least according to early embargoed press stories from the Sept 11, 2015 launch event.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Fyi, after carefully considering my non-DJI options I've ordered the X5R and OSMO.

Here's hoping the X5R ships in March or earlier, has 10-bit 4:4:4 and works with OSMO in the not too distant future.

Somehow I think the X5R release date will be right at NAB in April.. Makes complete sense to me. Unless DJI has a bigger splash up it's sleeve.

Somehow I think the X5R release date will be right at NAB in April.. Makes complete sense to me. Unless DJI has a bigger splash up it's sleeve.
They surely need to renew their S-serie. ! They will do when all have bought the X5r, that is DJI-strategy ! That is my opinion. With DJI, you never stop buying.

Reactions: damoncooper
EDIT: confirmed.

DJI Zenmuse X5R Camera and Inspire 1 RAW Now Available for Pre-order

Just getting this from one source right now, not confirmed yet but:

Ship date is apparently March, 2016 and pricing for EU it will be cheaper than originally announced/speculated:

Inspire 1 RAW (Drone + Camera) € 6,999

ZENMUSE X5R (without lens, with SSD) € 3,799

ZENMUSE X5R € 4,199

View attachment 5231
Don't see the point in wasting all this money if the governments continue to make it harder and harder to fly.
Sticking with my X3 for now until this mess is ever resolved.

Don't see the point in wasting all this money if the governments continue to make it harder and harder to fly.
Sticking with my X3 for now until this mess is ever resolved.

That's a valid point. Having said that, I've preordered. I do my videos where I care about quality most out of the country actually (Mexico, Caribbean, etc) so I'm still in.

That's a valid point. Having said that, I've preordered. I do my videos where I care about quality most out of the country actually (Mexico, Caribbean, etc) so I'm still in.
Hi Damon , I pre ordered the x5r from studio sport hear in France, they make a lot of difficulty to order that camera, so I don't like them and I canceled my order. I would like to know from were did you pre ordered ? Because I feel that I can definitely trust the people you are warking with.
Thanks

Hi Damon , I pre ordered the x5r from studio sport hear in France, they make a lot of difficulty to order that camera, so I don't like them and I canceled my order. I would like to know from were did you pre ordered ? Because I feel that I can definitely trust the people you are warking with.
Thanks

My X5R pre-order is with FlyHighUSA. Ralph is great to deal with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop