Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5R Ship Date and Pricing

Reaction score
EDIT: confirmed.

DJI Zenmuse X5R Camera and Inspire 1 RAW Now Available for Pre-order

Just getting this from one source right now, not confirmed yet but:

Ship date is apparently March, 2016 and pricing for EU it will be cheaper than originally announced/speculated:

Inspire 1 RAW (Drone + Camera) € 6,999

ZENMUSE X5R (without lens, with SSD) € 3,799

ZENMUSE X5R € 4,199

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450871770.650225.jpg

Last edited:
Just made public the prices and specifications, but.....
RAW files are at how much bit ? One of the most important elements for RAW specification is not mentioned ! A 8 or 16 bit raw file is a huge difference ! The lack of this information is not professional.
If it is 8 bit, it is worth not much, a minimum is 10 ! What is the answer DJI ?

Last edited:
Just made public the prices and specifications, but.....
RAW files are at how much bit ? One of the most important elements for RAW specification is not mentioned ! A 8 or 16 bit raw file is a huge difference ! The lack of this information is not professional.
If it is 8 bit, it is worth not much, a minimum is 10 ! What is the answer DJI ?

Should be the same as the RAW still photo output from the X5 (what bit depth is that?), but 25 or 30 frames per second.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Thanks Damon ! If they can give a net-flight time of 20 minutes, I am buyer. Actually 10 minutes is really too short for setting up all parameters, focus, exposure, waypoints .....
How many minutes raw video on a 512 Gb SSD ?
Strange that your information is not mentioned on the official specifications !

No way you will get 20 min with the X5 or X5R with a TB48.

You CAN get that with a battery mod. Here's my latest flight with X3.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450886715.814676.jpg

No way you will get 20 min with the X5 or X5R with a TB48.

You CAN get that with a battery mod. Here's my latest flight with X3.

View attachment 5234
Wow, where to find the mod, is it safe ? A 30 minutes with the X3 will be a 20 minutes with the X5raw ?
The main reason to look for the H920 (30 minutes with 3 batteries) and its security of 6 motors and acceptable footage at 10 Mbps. I think RAW will be too big to handle. Often I shoot a 40 minutes a day .... + my Sony F5 16bit RAW footage, thinking to buy another 24 Tb disk.

Last edited:
Wow, where to find the mod, is it safe ? A 30 minutes with the X3 will be a 20 minutes with the X5raw ?
The main reason to look for the H920 (30 minutes with 3 batteries) and its security of 6 motors and acceptable footage at 10 Mbps. I think RAW will be too big to handle. Often I shoot a 40 minutes a day .... + my Sony F5 16bit RAW footage, thinking to buy another 24 Tb disk.

Here you go, I have a thread on this here:

Battery Mod Info | DJI Inspire Forum

The average bit rate is 1.7 gigabits/second; divide by 8, and that yields 212.5 megabytes/second. So a 512GB disk should be able to hold about 40 minutes of footage.

In other words, this X5R is in desperate need of ProRes.

Edit: That is for 4K video, of course; that 512GB disk should be able to fit almost 3 hours of 1080p footage. But why would one want to shoot 1080p footage with this camera?

The average bit rate is 1.7 gigabits/second; divide by 8, and that yields 212.5 megabytes/second. So a 512GB disk should be able to hold about 40 minutes of footage.

In other words, this X5R is in desperate need of ProRes.

Edit: That is for 4K video, of course; that 512GB disk should be able to fit almost 3 hours of 1080p footage. But why would one want to shoot 1080p footage with this camera?

I wonder if we can easily offload or swap SSD drives in the field?

Reactions: Rainbowers
Yes the launch videos showed the SSD being removeable. It will likely be expensive though, given it's a proprietary format.

Reactions: damoncooper
Thanks Damon ! If they can give a net-flight time of 20 minutes, I am buyer. Actually 10 minutes is really too short for setting up all parameters, focus, exposure, waypoints .....
Strange that your information is not mentioned on the official specifications !
8/10 mins, i.e change with the battery.

Reactions: Rainbowers
Wondering why we can't yet order from the DJI store, and why B&H still quotes the $4,999 price for the X5R camera with no lens.

Edit:Adorama seems to have the updated pricing (x5r Buy or Learn at Adorama), but backwards; $3,199 for the X5R + lens, $3,599 for the X5R with no lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
What Damon and I find out made my conclusions:
For video: we need the very good Prores422HQ, nobody will see the difference with raw and with acceptable file size. Secondly comfortable flying time what means for me minimum 30 minutes what results in 20 minutes for safety to take the right shot with all parameters set up properly at the moment of the shot and with no stress. The reason we see the most X5 footage worse as from the X3. I repeat for video ! For photo the X5 can be considered.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry