Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X5s and Inspire 1 Compatibility?

fair enough. I was thinking to myself that with pro cameras their lifespan is greater (than 2yrs) and your often offered upgrades sometimes with retrofits done by the manufacturer to make it possible. ex: Sony FS raw upgrade. Then i realized that Sony just came out with the fs7ii basically just for Rec2020 support. Not even a new codec, just a new color space. lol

Also the $1,400 dollar X5 doesn't really compare.

The Inspire 1 will still be sold, the I2 is designed for Professional Cinema and TV work only. the I1 is still a better choice for mapping, lower end production and thermal use

Somebody mentioned that the I2 has to be used with the X5s because it has the processing power to handle the X5s that the I1 doesn't have. I find it interesting that the Osmo (original handle) has more "processing power" than the I1. I, for one, find that incredibly hard to believe.

Not supporting the X5s on the I1 was a choice, not a technical challenge, IMO.

Somebody mentioned that the I2 has to be used with the X5s because it has the processing power to handle the X5s that the I1 doesn't have. I find it interesting that the Osmo (original handle) has more "processing power" than the I1. I, for one, find that incredibly hard to believe.

That is correct. Only the X5S, X4S and X7 are compatible with the Inspire 2. With these cameras the image processor is no longer housed in the camera itself, image processing has been moved inside the aircraft to the CineCore image processor which is housed inside the Inspire 2's main controller.

On the subject of Osmo, the X5 was compatible as its image processor was contained within the camera body. The Handle really just provides power and control functions. On the other hand, an Osmo type handle that could be compatible with the X5S, X4S, X7 would need to have an image processor or smaller version of the CineCore housed inside.

And with that statement it’s clear that you don’t understand the differences with the X5 cameras and the Inspire 1 vs Inspire 2

I understand in more ways than you could possibly imagine, but thanks for the concern and the helpful post.

No you don’t. The osmo handle only stabilizes a payload. The X3, X5 and X5R are self contained cameras much like a GoPro. The X4, X5S and X7 are just the image sensor no data processing to actually convert the ADC’s into an image stream. That processing is handled by the CineCore Engine which is housed in the main body of the I2. It requires more power, more cooling and faster storage which is larger. You can’t get a SoC (System On Chip) that can handle the data rate needs to fully exploit the newer sensors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamarisCia