Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Yet another problem with the black screen with solution?

Reaction score
Had another problem with my Osmo/X3 last night at a job. Went to use it as I always do but only getting the black screen--no video. Can't control the Osmo, can't format the MSD, etc. Powered everything off/on (Osmo/cell phone), still the same thing. Uninstalled/reinstalled DJI Go and now, DJI Go thinks it's connecting to an Inspire. Doesn't recognize the Osmo.

Tried it on the tablet I use for my Inspire. Recognized it as an Osmo but still black screen.

Had to postpone the job.

Woke up this morning and remembered someone one telling me they removed the MSD card, restarted without it, and that seemed to get it to work. Just tried it and, yup, this worked. Put the MSD card back in, still works. WTF?

These little software problems drive me crazy. If I were just a hobbyist, it would be frustrating but not a big deal, however, I'm using some of their gear in my business and it's just horrible.

Just thought I'd share a potential solution to the black screen problem.

TBH I'm surprised you didn't try removing the SD card yourself on the night, that's kind of like an obvious thing to do when you get a gremlin like that along with removing the battery and giving it a blow!

TBH I'm surprised you didn't try removing the SD card yourself on the night, that's kind of like an obvious thing to do when you get a gremlin like that along with removing the battery and giving it a blow!
Removing the MSD card is hardly an obvious thing to try for something like this. I guess, unless you're using crappy DJI software that is...

Removing the MSD card is hardly an obvious thing to try for something like this. I guess, unless you're using crappy DJI software that is...

Removing the storage device, battery and a factory reset are the 3 most obvious things to do when you get unexplained problems with a camera.
All of which can be done in seconds and are not unique to DJI products.

They might not be obvious to you, they are to I and many others.

Removing the storage device, battery and a factory reset are the 3 most obvious things to do when you get unexplained problems with a camera.
All of which can be done in seconds and are not unique to DJI products.

They might not be obvious to you, they are to I and many others.
I've NEVER had a device where I needed to remove the storage device to get it to work...NEVER. And I've been working with things since the 80s. While I'm not saying it's not something, which may cure a problem from time to time, it is not an obvious thing to most people. If it were so obvious--specifically in this case--it would come up in searches when you search about the many problems with the Osmo. However, this solution isn't something that comes up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips