Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse X5 for Professional Productions

Not at all, i'm glad you found it useful.
Agreed. I'm fairly new to this forum but found that the community and value in it is immense!

Have you had a chance to play with the camera since the latest firmware upgrade?

Have you had a chance to play with the camera since the latest firmware upgrade?
I have indeed. All works great. I took the Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm (recently supported in firmware update) for a spin on Saturday and got some good stuff. Was pleasantly surprised as it's such a cheap lens but produces good results. Good bang for the buck!

Reactions: Figbar and gruvpix
I have indeed. All works great. I took the Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm (recently supported in firmware update) for a spin on Saturday and got some good stuff. Was pleasantly surprised as it's such a cheap lens but produces good results. Good bang for the buck!
Wow very impressive. May I ask was that shot in 4K, 2.7 or 1080?

Very nice...are you using any filters? I'm trying to keep my shutter speed double the frame rate...normally shoot 4k 30fps...so I set 1/60 shutter speed - iso 100 - with a filter, can keep my aperture anywhere from 4 to 8 (ish). At any rate, this looks good. I've noticed the standard 15mm DJI lens is much tighter than the 3X...it takes some getting used to, but there are definitely some advantages to tighter lenses...the Gimbal and Inspire in general seems to be very smooth. I appreciate you sharing all your gimbal settings. Love the steam engines.

Very nice...are you using any filters? I'm trying to keep my shutter speed double the frame rate...normally shoot 4k 30fps...so I set 1/60 shutter speed - iso 100 - with a filter, can keep my aperture anywhere from 4 to 8 (ish). At any rate, this looks good. I've noticed the standard 15mm DJI lens is much tighter than the 3X...it takes some getting used to, but there are definitely some advantages to tighter lenses...the Gimbal and Inspire in general seems to be very smooth. I appreciate you sharing all your gimbal settings. Love the steam engines.
Morning Figbar, glad you liked it and found use of the gimbal settings.
I agree with your ideal settings - double shutter speed of frame rate, lower ISO and aperture (We usually use f/6 or 7).
In the video i shared, we did not use any filters - not out of choice, we just didn't have access to any of the right filter thread size because I only purchased the lens the day before filming and didn't take into consideration filter compatibility. Ideally we'd pop on an ND filter.
To keep the shots correctly exposed in this video we had to sacrifice the shutter speed by pushing it pretty high.

Interesting video but I'd take it with a grain of salt, I don't think the X5 and lens used in this video were not correctly calibrated. The results I've managed to get have been far sharper than those shown in this video.

I agree...there are several videos out there comparing the X3 and the X5 and I'm really don't think they calibrated the X5 lens properly. Having said that, DJI has provide little or no detailed info about calibrating the lens...totally mystifies me. All I know is I'm really pleased with the image quality I'm getting out of the X5. I don't have to work in post to make it look good. I have not been happy with the X3...I love the Inspire system...now I'm really pleased. If only the leaves would stay on the trees here in Columbus, Ohio.

Reactions: Djalma Ribeiro
Hi Richard,
I've taken a few screen shots to help explain my current gimbal settings and they are as follows...
View attachment 4729 View attachment 4730
These settings are for my cam-op when using a two-man-set up.
If I was to operate solo, I'd adjust the gimbal tilt speed to 30.

Now for the settings of the Inspire, I have them set as the following...
View attachment 4733 View attachment 4732 View attachment 4731

It's worth noting that I use these settings because they work for me as I'm often capturing smooth cinematic shots. If you were to be racing around a track getting fast, dynamic shots of cars it would be a different story.
There are no 'best' settings, it depends what flight and gimbal characteristics works best for you and your situation.
Hope that helps though and gives you a good benchmark to work from.
Hi Richard,
I've taken a few screen shots to help explain my current gimbal settings and they are as follows...

It's worth noting that I use these settings because they work for me as I'm often capturing smooth cinematic shots. If you were to be racing around a track getting fast, dynamic shots of cars it would be a different story.
There are no 'best' settings, it depends what flight and gimbal characteristics works best for you and your situation.

Hi Richard,

I'm trying to adjust my settings...I'm not seeing the screen you are showing regarding Gimbal Speed Setting. When I go to the RC icon...and select Gimbal Wheel Speed, it just gives me the option of Gimbal Wheel Speed, which I keep at 30. How do I get the screen you are showing relating to Gimbal Speed Setting? There are 3 sliders....etc. Thanks!

Reactions: johnmont250
I'm trying to adjust my settings...I'm not seeing the screen you are showing regarding Gimbal Speed Setting. When I go to the RC icon...and select Gimbal Wheel Speed, it just gives me the option of Gimbal Wheel Speed, which I keep at 30. How do I get the screen you are showing relating to Gimbal Speed Setting? There are 3 sliders....etc. Thanks!
The screen showing the 3 sliders will only be available when in a 2 person set-up via the cam-op/slave controller.
Does that help?

Just want to let you all know that we now have Go Professional cases for the Inspire 1 Pro. Both Landing mode and Travel mod. They will be on our Website at AlleRC.com after 5 PM MST

The intro to this thread shows the propeller tilt at a serious angle. I had set mine to be perpendicular to the ground when landing gear is fully retracted. Is there a way to measure the angle to insure I set it correctly?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Out of the box is the angle it is meant to be. If you adjust this it will upset the whole aero dynamics. It's definitely NOT meant to be fiddled with! As your question is off topic and if you want more discussion I suggest you start a new thread rather than hijack this one. But honestly there is not much more can be said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08