Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft range - looking for a little help, please!

Thanks, Donnie! If I find a solution to the CS rollback I'll let you know. You never know when you might get one!

Kev

I forgot to ask you how you rolled back from v1.11.xx. I have received a gazillion complaints from Inspire owners that once they cross over into FW v1.11.xx, there's no rolling back. Yet you seem to have succeeded. Was there anything special you did? Can you share your roll back experience?

D

Hi, Donnie,

Everything was great until I attached the X5R. When I started up the system, the aircraft had locked me out of flight mode with an angry red "FIRMWARE UPDATE REQUIRED" warning and it would not fly until I updated the firmware. See screenshot below please for current system status.

View attachment 27692

System details:
  • I1 Pro Black v2.0
  • X5R camera
  • Single controller mode, other controller in the case and not set up
  • Crystal Sky display.
Your video was very helpful, I'll see if I can walk the firmware back.

Thanks!

Kev
How did you manage to rollback your firmware I have the same as you before rollback
Thanks

Reactions: Jim Weist
OK... so I'm a little apprehensive of what has occured now.

I followed the instructions on downgrading the RC to 1.6.0. I am using a CrystalSky monitor, but everything else went per the video. I don't get the little box, I get the chapter marks to open the Academy.

However, after the downgrade, the RC showed 1.5.8 as being the new version. I reset it and tried it several times, and the same result happened. Also, the Phantom 3 Pro was the highest level of drone that could be selected in DJI Go. And the RC status LED was a funky aqua color. Would not bind to the aircraft.

So I figured that I would update the firmware - current version is 1.9.3. However, after about 30 secs into the upgrade, the controller did its little startup beep and the status LED changed to red, meaning not linked or no aircraft found. I shut it down and then restarted it, and the FW in the controller shows 1.6.0+. ?

View attachment 27742

I did this three different times, taking it to the reset of 1.6.0, ending up with 1.5.8, and then updating until the beep and the status LED change, cycling the RC power, and it's consistently 1.6.0+. The aircraft links without any issues and a short test flight didn't reveal any negative issues. However, I'm a little uneasy about it. Thoughts?

And then there's the CS monitor with its built-in apps. Even though I've done a factory data reset, the GO app will not roll back. I have the APK file for 3.1.2 but have no idea how to get it off of the SD and installed on the CS unit.

And... I now have DJI Pilot. Of course, I don't have all of the features available, but it flies and images OK.

No flight has been more than 250' away from me. I'm having trouble trusting it with the 1.6.0+. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for all of the help, Donnie!

Kev
Don't use Crystal Sky for upgrading or downgrading the RC. It works as described but with a regular android phone/tablet or iPhone/iPad as Donnie mentioned.

Reactions: kattz
To be honest I followed the instructions in the video.

If you have the X5R, it does not seem to work.

I have both, and had to install the X5 and not the X5R for it to work.

I formatted a micro SD card. Created an empty .txt file and named it as a DEBUG file per the video and knocked off the .txt extension. And at the same time, loaded the 1.08.00.01 firmware for the I1 Pro onto the same card from the site in the video.

Left off the props, installed the card, turned on the drone and nothing else (I think that might be important) and it went right in first time. Took about 30 minutes and the camera constantly makes a hi-lo hum.

Edited to add that there's no signal when it's finished. Give it an hour and then recycle power and check it.

That's it.

Kev

Last edited:
Rather than change the above post, please note that I instaled firmware WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00 and NOT WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.00.01. Apologies for the typo.

Kev
WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00 firmware is for x5 camera only, for making it to work with x5r you need this firmware: WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.01.00. Note that there is and "R" added after FC550 for this one.

I forgot to ask you how you rolled back from v1.11.xx. I have received a gazillion complaints from Inspire owners that once they cross over into FW v1.11.xx, there's no rolling back. Yet you seem to have succeeded. Was there anything special you did? Can you share your roll back experience?

D

I don't think KATTZ will downgrade from 1.11.xx to 1.8.xx. really achieved. I have made umpteen attempts with the X5 and X3. Without real success. Summary of results: DJI Go reports that Kopter has 1.8.xx. But RC with 1.6 is not to be coupled with the copter! After the RC upgrade to 1.7.8, the coupling is established immediately and automatically!
Conclusion: the DJI GO version message is a fake.
Donnie: I can provide more details including downgrade protocols.

Rich

I don't think KATTZ will downgrade from 1.11.xx to 1.8.xx. really achieved.

Can you clarify this sentence? I'm not sure what you mean here.

I have made umpteen attempts with the X5 and X3. Without real success. Summary of results: DJI Go reports that Kopter has 1.8.xx. But RC with 1.6 is not to be coupled with the copter! After the RC upgrade to 1.7.8, the coupling is established immediately and automatically!
Conclusion: the DJI GO version message is a fake.

Now THAT is interesting! I hadn't considered that the Go App would incorrectly report FW versions. Hmmmm... That really adds a whole new dimension to the roll back process. I don't have an Inspire with me right now, but I wonder if DJI Assistant would report the FW any differently? I'll have to put that on my list of things to do.

Donnie: I can provide more details including downgrade protocols.

Rich

Please do. To date I have seen TWO people successfully roll back to v1.08.xx FROM v1.11.xx. So it CAN be done. None of my birds were ever allowed to upgrade past v1.10.xx, so I have no experience with v1.11.xx. It would be good to get some data on the subject.

Thanx!

D

Can you clarify this sentence? I'm not sure what you mean here.

I did a lot of downgrade 1.11.xx to 1.8.xx attempts with Inspire 1 Pro with X3 and X5. Then the FW version 1.8.xx was shown in DJI GO. Unfortunately I could not connect the Inspire to RC with version 1.6. On the other hand, I have immediate success if I have updated RC to 1.7.8 again.
Impossible that this is true: Inspire 1.8.xx with RC 1.7.8. @Rich

Now THAT is interesting! I hadn't considered that the Go App would incorrectly report FW versions. Hmmmm... That really adds a whole new dimension to the roll back process. I don't have an Inspire with me right now, but I wonder if DJI Assistant would report the FW any differently? I'll have to put that on my list of things to do.

How do you connect DJI Assistant to Inspire 1? According to the description, this is only possible with Inspire 2.
My attempt with Inspire 1 was unsuccessful. @Rich

Please do. To date I have seen TWO people successfully roll back to v1.08.xx FROM v1.11.xx. So it CAN be done. None of my birds were ever allowed to upgrade past v1.10.xx, so I have no experience with v1.11.xx. It would be good to get some data on the subject.

I have several hardcopies of the DJI Go display and various logs from the ... RESULT_AB.txt and ... LOG_AB.txt files. Should I deliver them as an attachment? @Rich

Thanx!

D

I tried to connect my Inspire 1 to DJI Assistant. No go. Despite having a micro USB port, there's no Windows driver for it.

Just paste the contents of the .txt files into the body. But I honestly don't think they're going to help. I would give the roll back several attempts, even if it says it was successful, even if the Go App reports back v1.08.xx. Keep attempting the rollback until the remote connects with v1.6. That's what I would do.

For future correspondence, separate my text from your text. Please don't just glob it all into one big QUOTE tag. Thanx.

D

I tried to connect my Inspire 1 to DJI Assistant. No go. Despite having a micro USB port, there's no Windows driver for it.

Just paste the contents of the .txt files into the body. But I honestly don't think they're going to help. I would give the roll back several attempts, even if it says it was successful, even if the Go App reports back v1.08.xx. Keep attempting the rollback until the remote connects with v1.6. That's what I would do.

For future correspondence, separate my text from your text. Please don't just glob it all into one big QUOTE tag. Thanx.

D
Here is one of Result.txt files:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Upgrading ...
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Upgrading ...
---------------------- End of The File --------------------------

OK now. I will keep trying now. First downgrade with Inspire to 1.7.0.9 and then upgrade publicly to real 1.8.1 and then connect with RC 1.6.
Others have tried over 20 times and are fed up.

Donnie, does it matter if I try X3 on Inspire 1 Pro? Or does it make more sense to work with X5?
The main problem is time. Unfortunately I will not live forever. And would like to put an end to it soon.

Rich

Here is one of Result.txt files:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin
Upgrading ...
Upgrading ...
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...
Upgrading ...
Upgrading ...
---------------------- End of The File --------------------------

OK now. I will keep trying now. First downgrade with Inspire to 1.7.0.9 and then upgrade publicly to real 1.8.1 and then connect with RC 1.6.
Others have tried over 20 times and are fed up.

Donnie, does it matter if I try X3 on Inspire 1 Pro? Or does it make more sense to work with X5?
The main problem is time. Unfortunately I will not live forever. And would like to put an end to it soon.

Rich

I've seen much better results with the X3. And if you don't have time, I wouldn't bother. This is a VERY time-consuming process.

D

I've seen much better results with the X3. And if you don't have time, I wouldn't bother. This is a VERY time-consuming process.

D
I found the solution to my coupling problems between RC after downgrading to 1.6 and Inspire 1 after downgrading to 1.8.xx:
1. Connect RC 1.7.8 to Inspire 1.8.xx (it was always possible for me)
2. Downgrade the connected RC (that's crucial !!!) from the DJI Go (via Education Icon) to 1.6.
3. Both devices stay connected and DJI Go shows RC with 1.6+
4. Works the same way with Slave RC.

My starting point was: Inspire 1 Pro 1.11.xx with X3 and X5 as well as master and slave RC with 1.7.8.
Achieved after about 50 Hours or more: AC 1.8.x, Cameras 1.11.xx, RCs 1.6+
Software: DJI Go Android 3.1.1, DJI Go iOS unfortunately 3.1.64

Now the results have to try out in flight.

Rich

Reactions: InspireEagle
I found the solution to my coupling problems between RC after downgrading to 1.6 and Inspire 1 after downgrading to 1.8.xx:
1. Connect RC 1.7.8 to Inspire 1.8.xx (it was always possible for me)
2. Downgrade the connected RC (that's crucial !!!) from the DJI Go (via Education Icon) to 1.6.
3. Both devices stay connected and DJI Go shows RC with 1.6+
4. Works the same way with Slave RC.

My starting point was: Inspire 1 Pro 1.11.xx with X3 and X5 as well as master and slave RC with 1.7.8.
Achieved after about 50 Hours or more: AC 1.8.x, Cameras 1.11.xx, RCs 1.6+
Software: DJI Go Android 3.1.1, DJI Go iOS unfortunately 3.1.64

Now the results have to try out in flight.

Rich

Good to hear you got it going. That version of the Go App will eventually demand you login to the mothership and will ground your bird until you do. Not a big deal if you're a hobbyist flying in your back yard, but a HUGE deal if you're a professional flying out in the middle of nowhere miles from cell coverage. Install version 3.1.1 to avoid that very unpleasant scenario.

D

Good to hear you got it going. That version of the Go App will eventually demand you login to the mothership and will ground your bird until you do. Not a big deal if you're a hobbyist flying in your back yard, but a HUGE deal if you're a professional flying out in the middle of nowhere miles from cell coverage. Install version 3.1.1 to avoid that very unpleasant scenario.

D
I did flight tests (Europe) today.
Conclusion of the image transmission: DJI GO 3.1.1 Android 5.1 moderate to poor, because the app is unstable; iOS 3.1.64 bad, DJI GS good.

Rich

I did flight tests (Europe) today.
Conclusion of the image transmission: DJI GO 3.1.1 Android 5.1 moderate to poor, because the app is unstable; iOS 3.1.64 bad, DJI GS good.

iOS 3.1.64????? Is that one of those wind up iPads??? My junk iPad (useless for anything more demanding than Wemo) is running iOS v5.1.1. Are you sure about that iOS???

D

iOS 3.1.64????? Is that one of those wind up iPads??? My junk iPad (useless for anything more demanding than Wemo) is running iOS v5.1.1. Are you sure about that iOS???

D
Inaccurate and abbreviated wording: meant iPad mini 3 with iOS 13.4.1 or iPhone Xs Max 13.4.1 and both with DJI Go 3.1.64 teach very moderate image results with Inspire 1 Pro 1.8.1.
Unfortunately, the DJI Go Downgrade to 3.1.1 did not work on both Apple devices.
Amazingly, DJI GS Pro delivers good image transmission.

Rich

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6