Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android App updated to v1.0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR ME IT WAS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!
Today I was in front of a customer trying to start..... first the helicopter refused to start without the update (WTF.....) second.... after the update.... both the phone and the tablet apps were crashing.... I lost my work and above all I felt like a s.....

Thank you DJI!!!

FOR ME IT WAS A HUGE PROBLEM!!!
Today I was in front of a customer trying to start..... first the helicopter refused to start without the update (WTF.....) second.... after the update.... both the phone and the tablet apps were crashing.... I lost my work and above all I felt like a s.....

Thank you DJI!!!
[emoji19] sorry to hear that...

Haven 't got the possibilty to test version 1.0.9,but 1.0.10 is ok.No problem.
Samsung Tab 8.4 pro.
Android 4.4.2

I've conformed that on a Nexus 7 (2013 model) the pilot v1.0.9 crashes. After seeing others state the same, I decided to try the launce sequence (With no props on just incase I lost control) and the app crashes. This is also with the Inspire and controller also updated to the 1.2.1.0 firmware.

Reactions: lucadeceres
I've conformed that on a Nexus 7 (2013 model) the pilot v1.0.9 crashes. After seeing others state the same, I decided to try the launce sequence (With no props on just incase I lost control) and the app crashes. This is also with the Inspire and controller also updated to the 1.2.1.0 firmware.
V1.0.10 of the app fixes the issue. Update and you should be fine.

Confirmed, at least they were quick
Yup..... I sent them four crash reports this morning to China. They came straight back and confirmed they had analyzed the problem and within an hour or so the new version was available.
Kudos to DJI for a speedy solution .

Last edited:
Yes the only thing that in my opinion is quite bad was the sudden impossibility to fly without the firmware update.... that means that if you are in the middle of a work and they update the firmware.... you can't go on. Plus, the firmware was bugged.... well this is non the best even if they fixed very quickly

I noticed that most of the channel selection is gone in new app. i can only select 13-20 versus 1-32 as before. kinds pissed.

I noticed that most of the channel selection is gone in new app. i can only select 13-20 versus 1-32 as before. kinds pissed.
Correct, they have removed the illegal channels that should not have been there in the first place to avoid trouble with regulators in certain countries.
The auto setting still works the best since it is able to adapt. Manual setting maybe fine on one channel on the ground but 300 meters away and 100 meters in the air maybe a different story. Auto is able to establish whether a channel hop is required due to the noise/chatter on a given frequency.

Last edited:
Yes the only thing that in my opinion is quite bad was the sudden impossibility to fly without the firmware update.... that means that if you are in the middle of a work and they update the firmware.... you can't go on. Plus, the firmware was bugged.... well this is non the best even if they fixed very quickly

????....This was not a mandatory FW release so you can carry on flying on .17 if you want to. Or did you mean the app which crashed on motor start up/CSC which has now been fixed?

I had a different problem. Android KitKat 4.4.2 operating system for an Ellipsis 7 worked on all previous versions, but after the update it stopped displaying the video from the RC. The aircraft worked very well following the update. Most noticible change is the video now "breaks up" on low reception strength instead of freezing. I swapped in a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 running KitKat 4.4.4. Everything working well, now using that tablet..

Since v1.0.10 has now been released everybody should upgrade from v1.0.9 to fix this issue.
Nobody should be running this version of the app as it is buggy.

If you have specific problems associated with the Android pilot app, please update to v1.0.10 first. If you still experience problems please post them on the v1.0.10 thread.
Thanks

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide