Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone have yaw drift?

Reaction score
Phantom seemed to hold rock steady in yaw to the extent that sometimes it seemed like the video was "hung" it was so rock solid. For Inspire, I am noticing yaw drift sufficient that I have to do small corrections to maintain heading. Thought this might be gimbal at first, but with a few more flights it seems to be the craft rotating slightly and slowly. It seems to do it more with greater wind.

How is the rotational stability of your bird? If you fly up to 100ft and let go of the sticks with a tree or something at the edge of the frame, do you see this moving (leaving or entering the frame)?

Yes, has beenn
Phantom seemed to hold rock steady in yaw to the extent that sometimes it seemed like the video was "hung" it was so rock solid. For Inspire, I am noticing yaw drift sufficient that I have to do small corrections to maintain heading. Thought this might be gimbal at first, but with a few more flights it seems to be the craft rotating slightly and slowly. It seems to do it more with greater wind.

How is the rotational stability of your bird? If you fly up to 100ft and let go of the sticks with a tree or something at the edge of the frame, do you see this moving (leaving or entering the frame)?
Are you running the latest firmware?
I would have said there is a huge difference between the stability of the Inspire and the Phantom.

The Inspire is like a tripod in the sky. :p

I do notice a very small but noticeable yaw drift after stopping the bird. It usually settles after about 30 secs or so, but it does affect shooting for me. If I am trying to take bracketed photos I have to wait for it to stop before I can take the shots.

What John shows shortly after 3 minutes is very good. I do not see that at all. It creeps over and is obvious. I was thinking perhaps this is creeping in direction of yaw due to follow mode, but then moved the other way (yawed craft the other way) and still saw creep counter clockwise. I can see this on the ground as well, a slow movement CC on the gimbal itself.

Headon, do you see this movement on the ground and which direction does it move? I wonder what is causing this as it definitely doesn't affect all Inspires.

Edit: I am on the latest FW

I thought it was just me, I noticed the same thing two days ago, so I went out and flew yestd and the same thing, when am turning even at slow speeds it drifts a lot instead of turning, before the latest firmware turns and stops was a lot better (almost on a dime for an aircraft). just this morning I checked all the gains etc because I was messing with them while in the simulator the other day but everything is just like dji shipped it out, so I dunno what else to do if anyone know a solution let me know, THANKS!

Sheridan, do you notice any drift when you have no stick inputs (either rotation of the craft or rotation of the gimbal absent any inputs?

Sheridan, do you notice any drift when you have no stick inputs (either rotation of the craft or rotation of the gimbal absent any inputs?

I hvnt notice any gimbal drift but i do notice alot of drift when an turning at slow speeds am actually still in the park where i just finish flyin and i had to check a few times to make sure am not in atti. But to answer your question, there is no drift when the sticks are centered but it does take longer now to come to a complete stop

New firmware toned down the aggressiveness for smoother flight so you may be noticing that.

oh they did? I have close to 300 flights on mine and I really started to get used to the sticks, now I have to get used to it all over again so am not really happy, I thought it flew really nice before, now with all the drifting ur more likely to run into something. if you can do all the toning down you want in the app why would they do it in the firmware? don't make sense to me

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am trying to find an answer to this slow speed drift issue when turning. I've got my UOC test coming in the future and trying to fly 180s accurately around cones at slow speed is just about impossible when the I1 drifts a couple of metres when yawing. I'm also noticing that my Inspire is getting affected badly by cross winds and doesn't fly in a straight line occasionally. Did anyone find a fix to this? I have re-calibrated IMU and compass several times but no difference. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop