Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Apparently I'm More of a N00b Than I Thought!

USED? Sound like it needs a factory reset but don't know if that's even available. Send it back.

Send it back is what DJI told me too. But there has to be a simple fix. It's just the authentication that is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Have to get the bird out of Travel mode first. That's what the blue light is. Have to flipped the control switch 4 or more times? That should take it out of travel mode.

I have indeed. Doesn't do anything. I really don't think the controller is talking to the bird at all.

Send it back is what DJI told me too. But there has to be a simple fix. It's just the authentication that is the issue.

This is kind of what I'm thinking as well. If it's just a matter of getting them to talk, this CAN'T be that hard of a thing to do...lol

I read where the blue light is an indication that it was in travel mode. I just got mine yesterday and can't get it activated. It's taunting me just sitting on my kitchen counter ready to fly waiting on activation.
5aaf01825a1900d201af1db066bfb134.jpg

At least yours is standing up like it should be. Mine just lays there all blue and sad. lol

Attachments

• IMG_20161125_235355_01.jpg
    IMG_20161125_235355_01.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20
Where are you located? Maybe you can find an experienced Inspire operator in your area that can help you.

I'm in Phoenix. If I can't get it working, I'm taking it to Innovative UAS here in town. They will get it up and running.

Is there a way to manually make it stand up? Because, right now...I guess because it's in travel mode, it doesn't do ANYTHING. The gimbal doesn't move when I turn it on, it won't take a firmware update, nothing.

I was able to get mine by doing the control switch the 4 times like it said. I read somewhere a guy was going to tell how to manually do that if it doesn't respond to your controller...but I never saw where he did it.

Yea, I haven't seen that anywhere either.

Biggest issue I think I'm having right now is the controller not wanting to do ANYTHING. I'm going to start a new thread in the Inspire 1 Help forum. It's not wanting to do ANYTHING...downgrade, upgrade, nothing. No idea why.

A - When I turn the bird on, it doesn't have a flashing light in the rear. It's just solid blue which, from what I hear, means the controller isn't talking to the bird.
B - This was the first thing I tried when I got it out of its case. Nothing happens.
C - The controller doesn't make any noises when I flip the switch up and down...whatever that means...if anything.

Alright, everyone. I got in touch with the seller of the thing and told him I might be sending it back since it doesn't work. He said that was perfectly fine and I could even just send the controller back if I'd like and he'd refund me $300 if the controller is the source of the problem. Does $300 sound about right to be able to get another controller? Would I be able to just by one, sync it and go?

What do you guys think?

Alright, everyone. I got in touch with the seller of the thing and told him I might be sending it back since it doesn't work. He said that was perfectly fine and I could even just send the controller back if I'd like and he'd refund me $300 if the controller is the source of the problem. Does $300 sound about right to be able to get another controller? Would I be able to just by one, sync it and go?

What do you guys think?

Send the complete package back and start over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino