Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australian dealer recalls all Inspire 1's due to QR prop system failures

Reaction score
forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but was just notified of this post on Facebook. I've also posted to the DJI Forum as everyone needs to be made aware of this

https://www.facebook.com/Mongrel ... f_t=comment_mention

WARNING!!!!! TO ALL INSPIRE 1 PILOTS!!!!

DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT use the QR prop systems from DJI any longer. These prop systems are NOT air worthy. We have recalled all of our own Inspire 1 machines and will revert back to the screw on and Prop Locks. The images below are graphic enough. The QR system's plastic is not up to the task.

We should have a solution available within 2-3 weeks that will solve this problem, but for now - TAKE THEM OFF YOUR MACHINE!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523 KB · Views: 474
Looks bad...but is that a DJI recall or just one dealer?
If not DJI how can the dealer have a fix?

It's just the Australian dealer. Apparently they're a main Australian Dealer. They're looking at getting their own metal parts made to replace the plastic. A friend in Australia is also looking at getting their own made too.

Interesting.

I have said there is potentially a problem with these things from day one.

However I am always a little sceptical about anything that appears on Face Space etc. I have not heard anything officially from DJI and this has come from a dealer.
The dealer then goes onto say 'they' will have a solution in a few weeks?????????

Hmmmmm....could it be that they are generating a viral scare and then just happen to have tooled up to manufacture a stronger locking plate which they will be selling online.o_O

I do think the QR props are crap though and should never have been introduced.

Yes I know what you mean. However, a friend of mine out there has had a prop break of his in the same way (I1 flipped low level and crashed) and I trust him. He told me a few weeks ago about the potential issue and that they were looking to get some metal QR plates made. I don't think it's a scare tactic as far as I can tell :)

I don't think DJI will be saying anything until there's more proof or have got a solution. We know how bad they are at communicating too!

Hmmmmm....could it be that they are generating a viral scare and then just happen to have tooled up to manufacture a stronger locking plate which they will be selling online.o_O
It sounds a lot like that to me.

He says he had "4 of his customers report the problem" i.e. suggests they's all be all Aus-based, while strangely nobody on here or other forums has had the issue worldwide. Nowhere either does he state that did actually caused a cras... he only shows a picture of a broken mount and a broken inspire... but the prop mount could well have gotten broken in the (unrelated) crash. Assuming the 2 are even linked at all... :rolleyes:

Nice PR stunt.

It sounds a lot like that to me.

He says he had "4 of his customers report the problem" i.e. suggests they's all be all Aus-based, while strangely nobody on here or other forums has had the issue worldwide. Nowhere either does he state that did actually caused a cras... he only shows a picture of a broken mount and a broken inspire... but the prop mount could well have gotten broken in the (unrelated) crash. Assuming the 2 are even linked at all... :rolleyes:

Nice PR stunt.
Well will be interesting to see if there are any further reports from anywhere else. How long have the new QR plates been in use now? Could be that it takes a number of flying hours before the plastic weakens/cracks before failure and we're just starting to see failures?

About 2 months now.
And yes they wear, as shown in the doc that comes with the set both props and adapters should be replaced at least every 200 flights.

I'd also prefer seeing aluminium mounts myself though, both for the mounting plate and prop hub.

So sorry for starting a new thread Ed. Panic. After seeing this it scared the s!@t out of me. Are the original screw on props still available to order in the UK .

So sorry for starting a new thread Ed. Panic. After seeing this it scared the s!@t out of me. Are the original screw on props still available to order in the UK .
No worries.

I think your only chance of getting hold of any thread style ones is to contact dealers and see if they have any residual stock left.
I dont think DJI list them any more - I may be wrong though but I couldn't find them anywhere on their website etc.

After look on the black market. Going underground to get em then. Note to self ....... Be prepared to part with large amounts of cash!

Reactions: John Archer
Got the locks at the same time as inspire thought it would come with the thread props got a bag full. Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo