Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Yes that is correct! I want I mean we all want to know the answer to this question!

if it wasn't for the purpose of testing i would never install a prerelease/beta fw as your not a part of the DJI Beta testing, or the auto flight logic beta i hardly doubt that if anything happen to you inspire you will be covered by guarantee.

i'm not sure why you are assuming that FW is better than the one you currently have, if its not out there already if for a reasson.

Well from my understanding this fw release the lock or something that let's you use the stuff that should have been in the app from the beginning! So the sdk or whatever it is is needed for autoflight logic app to work so the iso app which is the dji app will be useless I think! That's what I guess! Still no real clarification on how this works without dji app!

So the real question here is if we update fw before your app is released will our I1 still function properly with the dji pilot app?

Said it already, but will say it again: we have put in many hours with the currently available production version of the DJI Pilot app using the beta firmware available for download in Flight School here:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool

You are certainly welcome to download it before we release the beta version of Autopilot, or you can wait until Autopilot is released to beta, or in the case of IrishSights you can wait until DJI marks the firmware as "production" and distributes it themselves. At the end of the day it is a personal decision that you have to make. That is, how much on the bleeding edge do you want to be?

If you are wondering why this is necessary from a technical perspective - DJI added a completely new set of APIs to control the Phantom 3 and the Inspire 1 while deprecating the APIs used to control the Vision+. The current production firmware does not support the new APIs, and since the beta firmware is still beta, there isn't much choice if you want access to Autopilot features now. Incidentally, I would like to point out that despite the fact that we had to dump a bunch of time and resources into adapting Autopilot to these SDK changes, we are not charging existing users a dime for the upgrade! We must be crazy.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to stir anything up! All I wanted to know was if I did the update without your app will we still be able to fly that's all

Said it already, but will say it again: we have put in many hours with the currently available production version of the DJI Pilot app using the beta firmware available for download in Flight School here:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool

You are certainly welcome to download it before we release the beta version of Autopilot, or you can wait until Autopilot is released to beta, or in the case of IrishSights you can wait until DJI marks the firmware as "production" and distributes it themselves. At the end of the day it is a personal decision that you have to make. That is, how much on the bleeding edge do you want to be?

If you are wondering why this is necessary from a technical perspective - DJI added a completely new set of APIs to control the Phantom 3 and the Inspire 1 while deprecating the APIs used to control the Vision+. The current production firmware does not support the new APIs, and since the beta firmware is still beta, there isn't much choice if you want access to Autopilot features now. Incidentally, I would like to point out that despite the fact that we had to dump a bunch of time and resources into adapting Autopilot to these SDK changes, we are not charging existing users a dime for the upgrade! We must be crazy.
So, once the Autoflight Logic beta is released to the testers, will we need to update this firmware version before testing? Or do we get the official DJI firmware release version to run on your beta app?
Rich

I feel bad for AutoPilot-- lol Let me try to clear this up.
To use AutoPilot you MUST update your firmware.
The firmware is the same you have now but they have added the ability to beta test software like AutoPilot.
I am on the beta team and I have no worries at all about downloading because I have complete confidence that the people who have made AutoPilot have clearly put the beta firmware through its paces and if there is anything to keep and eye out for or worry about they would've told us. The last thing they could possibly want is for any Inspire to crash.So, please just use common sense and exhale.

I hope that helps a little bit!

I feel bad for AutoPilot-- lol Let me try to clear this up.
To use AutoPilot you MUST update your firmware.
The firmware is the same you have now but they have added the ability to beta test software like AutoPilot.
I am on the beta team and I have no worries at all about downloading because I have complete confidence that the people who have made AutoPilot have clearly put the beta firmware through its paces and if there is anything to keep and eye out for or worry about they would've told us. The last thing they could possibly want is for any Inspire to crash.So, please just use common sense and exhale.

I hope that helps a little bit!
Are you using the inspire 1?

ok. i am not part of dji beta but getting the fw now... thank you for cleqring things up for my part. hope it will make the landing gear work... and i can get my shoot next week.

Any heads up to when an android version will be out.
Apologies if its been mentioned but although I have been following the threads twists and turns I cant remember seeing android mentioned!

ok. i am not part of dji beta but getting the fw now... thank you for cleqring things up for my part. hope it will make the landing gear work... and i can get my shoot next week.

Hey mdomeny,

Let us know if it worked. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Any heads up to when an android version will be out.
Apologies if its been mentioned but although I have been following the threads twists and turns I cant remember seeing android mentioned!
As I recall I was told that the Android version will be about 3 months after the iOS version.

Reactions: Phatzo
one more question though... and please do not shoot me for it... warranty will not void because it is actually the fw release that will go public eventually with probably minor changes if any... so putting up the beta fw from autopilot website and then sendint it in would be ok if i would need to. right?
(i might check with support but will do it because hope is all i got at the moment... don't want to buy a second bird)...

one more question though... and please do not shoot me for it... warranty will not void because it is actually the fw release that will go public eventually with probably minor changes if any... so putting up the beta fw from autopilot website and then sendint it in would be ok if i would need to. right?
(i might check with support but will do it because hope is all i got at the moment... don't want to buy a second bird)...
My guess is that the very reason DJI wont put this on their web site and is making Auto Flight Logic post it themselves is because they wont support it. I would also guess that it wont void your warranty but if you crash with it i would guess that you wont get warranty for that crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet