Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Build 32 is out, so please confirm that it has corrected your issues. Since we were doing another build, we couldn't help ourselves...we added another new feature: RC Input for Mode Controls:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/aut...s-mode-controls-rc-input-enabled-if-available
How does the latest Firmware WM610_FW_V01.04.00.06 release from today affect Autopilot? Will autopilot still work? Does autopilot use the DJI SDK implementation of Follow me or do you have your own?

Is the beta version working on the inspire firmware 1.3.
You have to use the beta firmware available for download in Flight School

I trust it's also possible to lower the craft after rising? Couldn't find it in the description.
Yes, check the descriptions for the individual Mode Controls. For example, in Follow Mode on Altitude:
Move the Left Remote Control Joystick Up to increase the Altitude, and move it Down to decrease the Altitude.

How does the latest Firmware WM610_FW_V01.04.00.06 release from today affect Autopilot? Will autopilot still work? Does autopilot use the DJI SDK implementation of Follow me or do you have your own?
Have not tested it yet, but probably won't affect Autopilot. We use our own implementations of Follow, Orbit, etc.

Reactions: damoncooper
You have to use the beta firmware available for download in Flight School

Yes, check the descriptions for the individual Mode Controls. For example, in Follow Mode on Altitude:
Move the Left Remote Control Joystick Up to increase the Altitude, and move it Down to decrease the Altitude.
Clear. I hadn't been reading that far.
After I did just now:
Even better than I initially thought, awesome to be able to immediately take control using the controller sticks.

Edit: AND exactly what I intended to ask for.

This a beta release from DJI for testing on the Inspire. It is not the released FW, which still stands at v1.3.0.00 released by DJI on 8-04-15. If you are a beta tester for DJI, you are violating your NDA. If you are not, you should not have access to this release until published and released by DJI. So which is it? Are you trying to beta test build 32 from Autoflight Logic with the DJI beta FW v1.04.00.06 as a DJI beta tester? Or are you just hoping that the DJI FW will be released in the near term, and if so, how it will work with build 32?

This a beta release from DJI for testing on the Inspire. It is not the released FW, which still stands at v1.3.0.00 released by DJI on 8-04-15. If you are a beta tester for DJI, you are violating your NDA. If you are not, you should not have access to this release until published and released by DJI. So which is it? Are you trying to beta test build 32 from Autoflight Logic with the DJI beta FW v1.04.00.06 as a DJI beta tester? Or are you just hoping that the DJI FW will be released in the near term, and if so, how it will work with build 32?
Hey Quadpilot. I haven't seen you post on this thread before but it would be nice if you could be more informed before you post. The FW build that i referenced is available on the DJI developer page for anyone that is a level 1 member. Furthermore, i don't see why any comments are necessary regarding if someone is or isn't violating their NDA. Lets leave the policing up to DJI.

Hey Quadpilot. I haven't seen you post on this thread before but it would be nice if you could be more informed before you post. The FW build that i referenced is available on the DJI developer page for anyone that is a level 1 member. Furthermore, i don't see why any comments are necessary regarding if someone is or isn't violating their NDA. Lets leave the policing up to DJI.

Apologies for my snarky comment. You're right, I haven't posted because I haven't beta'd the Autopilot FW, but have been following (lurking) closely as the app has been built out. If I offended, please excuse my tone. Some info on the latest DJI beta FW has been leaked on other forums, and it's become somewhat of a concern for certain forum support persons; which I am not, so I shouldn't have said anything. :(

Reactions: gregdd
Are you referring to the map on the pre-flight screen (not the Flight Dashboard)? If you open the Flight Dashboard you can get a bigger version of the map.

I am referring to the pre-flight screens. When setting up the flight, I find it hard to manage all the icons on the split landscape screen.

Build 32 is out, so please confirm that it has corrected your issues. Since we were doing another build, we couldn't help ourselves...we added another new feature: RC Input for Mode Controls:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/aut...s-mode-controls-rc-input-enabled-if-available

I think this newest feature will be a huge advantage in flying what may not always be a standard flight. I need to first say that I have not flown this newest release and just reading all the updated documentation. After reading all the modes and what the RC input does, I have to say that some of the controls don't seem intuitive.

For example in Orbit:

Radius

The lateral distance at which Autopilot will maintain the aircraft from the Center. Move the Right Remote Control Joystick Up to decrease the Radius, and move it Down to increase the Radius.

At first glance I would think moving a stick up or to the right would increase the parameter.

I am sure I am missing the logic and thought if someone could share the logic it would be easier to remember.

Again, great addition to the app.

The beta test is nearing completion and we are preparing to submit to the App Store for approval next week.

Any chance of submission happening earlier? Been following thread from beginning and was hoping autopilot would be released along with supported SDK DJI public firmware by end of this week. I was hoping to use it this up coming trip to the USA.

I am referring to the pre-flight screens. When setting up the flight, I find it hard to manage all the icons on the split landscape screen.
You mean on the iPhone 6 Plus? You can tap the arrows in the top left to get more horizontal space, or you can rotate the phone to Portrait, or you can open the flight dashboard and use the map there.

After reading all the modes and what the RC input does, I have to say that some of the controls don't seem intuitive..
This is one of those things that makes more sense when you are doing it in person. For example, imagine you are standing at the center of the Orbit, and the aircraft is facing you. If you were manually controlling the aircraft, which direction would you move the right stick to make it move away from you? The answer is of course, down (pitch backward).

Obviously there are cases, such as using a POI center, where you may not be standing in the center, and therefore it seems less intuitive, but it didn't make much sense to have the sticks take into account the aircraft relation to you at all times, because you as an operator may not even have a known location.

In the end we decided that the majority of the time, the aircraft is focusing on a subject location, and if you imagine yourself at the same location as that subject, the controls should be the same as if you were flying the aircraft manually from that location.

Any chance of submission happening earlier?
You mean earlier than Aug 31? Unlikely, as most of our testers put in their time on the weekends and we want one last chance to make sure there are no critical bugs. It does not good to submit, just to realize there is a critical bug and then have to pull it back.

Reactions: kode
You mean on the iPhone 6 Plus? You can tap the arrows in the top left to get more horizontal space, or you can rotate the phone to Portrait, or you can open the flight dashboard and use the map there.

I am using a regular iPhone 6. I now see that I can go to the flight dashboard and still configure the POI's which I was not aware of. Thanks.

In the end we decided that the majority of the time, the aircraft is focusing on a subject location, and if you imagine yourself at the same location as that subject, the controls should be the same as if you were flying the aircraft manually from that location.

I appreciate the explanation of the RC inputs.

Just released build 33 that is tested to work with the latest beta firmware. Please update before the final testing push this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee