Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

i updated to the sdk available in flightschool and the pilot go app said that the AC version firmware is unknown... anyone else had this? the remote did also fine according to the beeps... i connected it via usb to the I1 camera...

My inspire updates just fine but the remote does not update. It doesn't even try to update. No beeps, nothing. Any tips?

I had the same results. The AC updated easily and I was able to update all 4 batteries. The RC does not try to update. My slave did not upgrade either. This firmware must not have any RC changes.

Idea: it would be super cool to be able to select a POI for focus point via the Camera view (vs Map view).

Ie: see an anchored boat in a bay, tap and hold on the camera view and select "Set as Focus" or similar from a popup.

Then fly a mode with that point as focus point.
Now that would be really useful!

Reactions: Richard Hurst
So after upgrading the AC last night to the latest firmware, I put in my normal SD card used for video's, etc. and went to bed. Before I went out this morning to calibrate everything after the firmware upgrade, I powered everything up in the house. The AC just sits there and beeps loudly. The camera gimble initializes and then points towards the ground.

I then thought maybe I had some old firmware on my SD card used for video's. Sure enough, I had one rev back. I deleted that firmware, put the newest on the SD card and powered up the AC. Same results. Constant beeping. I put in the SD card I used last night for the upgrade, same results. Outside of the beeping, it sounds like it is trying to do an upgrade.

So I just left it doing the constant beeping. After about 10 minutes, it seemed to finish an upgrade, and the beeping stopped. Everything looks fine now.

Just thought I would share. Having an older firmware on my SD card must have been the issue. Good thing to look for each time.

Idea: it would be super cool to be able to select a POI for focus point via the Camera view (vs Map view).
Are you saying you want it to do continue image recognition even if the object moves, or just calculate a GPS coordinate and assume an altitude of 0?

Are you saying you want it to do continue image recognition even if the object moves, or just calculate a GPS coordinate and assume an altitude of 0?

How about this: Lets say you where flying and see an interesting point and wanted to take a closer look at it, you mark the point at the screen and camera was locked at that point so you could fly around(or what ever) take you pic/vids with the camera locked at point until you finished, then tap screen again to unlock point and fly futher :) . Would prefer to have control over the sticks thou, so i could manover the AC as i like. ( well, guess a dream is legal :))
Oh, sure the point have to be at same spot

Last edited:
you mark the point at the screen and camera was locked at that point so you could fly around(or what ever) take you pic/vids with the camera locked at point until you finished, then tap screen again to unlock point and fly futher :) . Would prefer to have control over the sticks thou, so i could manover the AC as i like.
It is possible without image recognition if it just assumes a straight line that intersects the ground at the same altitude that the aircraft is currently flying. On uneven ground or with objects at altitude (top of a light house), it would have issues. Will add it to the list for a future version.

Update on App Store approval: we submitted the build yesterday in anticipation of receiving no bug reports over the weekend, and there were no reports as of this morning so it looks like we are good to go.

It is possible without image recognition if it just assumes a straight line that intersects the ground at the same altitude that the aircraft is currently flying. On uneven ground or with objects at altitude (top of a light house), it would have issues. Will add it to the list for a future version.

Update on App Store approval: we submitted the build yesterday in anticipation of receiving no bug reports over the weekend, and there were no reports as of this morning so it looks like we are good to go.

if your app gets approved shortly but there's no DJI firmware release - will you recommend people install the beta SDK firmware to use the app? unless you have some inside scoop on when the official firmware with SDK support is coming since you've stated the app would only be released once DJI releases their firmware.

I think being able to calculate GPS coordinates assuming altitude "0" to keep the camera focused on that spot would be great.

Tracking a moving target using image recognition would be fantastic but might be beyond the capabilities of current iOS devices?

if your app gets approved shortly but there's no DJI firmware release - will you recommend people install the beta SDK firmware to use the app?
No, we are going to wait to release it until DJI releases the firmware. You should keep testing, however, as we will pull it if there are any critical issues discovered.

image recognition would be fantastic but might be beyond the capabilities of current iOS devices?
We are looking into the possibility.

Loving the AutoPilot App so far, this truly is a major tool in the remote pilot's arsenal. I really think that a waypoint/grid mode should be the next priority though. There are so many people out there waiting to use the Inspire for surveying/photogrammetry, and as far as I'm aware, there's no software that achieves this. In terms of functionality of said feature, I'm sure there's lots of possibilities but my thoughts would be:

- Ability to draw a set of waypoints (set altitude at each point and speed of UAS)
- Ability to draw a polygon shape to create a grid of waypoints (set distance between grid paths, altitude etc)
- Ability to set the speed of the UAS and time in between (timelapse) photos.
- Set camera position (vertical down, tilt, pitch, bearing, POI etc)
- Ability to pause the flight, for example to change batteries. Or set battery % in which the UAS pauses the flight and returns home. Ability to start a new flight and resume the task.

I'm sure there's other things, but that's my 2 cents. Keep up the good work guys!

Very cool!, did you have to estimate the height of the houses are it departed?
What do you mean?

Loving the AutoPilot App so far, this truly is a major tool in the remote pilot's arsenal.
Thanks for the support!

I really think that a waypoint/grid mode should be the next priority though. There are so many people out there waiting to use the Inspire for surveying/photogrammetry, and as far as I'm aware, there's no software that achieves this.
Not that we are against adding waypoint mode, but when it comes to the specific purpose of photogrammetry, have you checked out these guys?
Drones Made Easy Map Pilot App for iOS

Not that we are against adding waypoint mode, but when it comes to the specific purpose of photogrammetry, have you checked out these guys?
Drones Made Easy Map Pilot App for iOS

Ah, yes I have seen that before. I guess I'm just shallow (or a designer), but their webdesign and App UI didn't give me a lot of reassurance in terms of its quality. At least not compared to AutoFlight Logic ;)

I am sure there will be a few different apps offering this eventually, and that AFL cannot be all things to all men, but simple waypoints at least would be a really nice addition to AF, in my option.

Ah, yes I have seen that before. I guess I'm just shallow (or a designer), but their webdesign and App UI didn't give me a lot of reassurance in terms of its quality. At least not compared to AutoFlight Logic ;)

I am sure there will be a few different apps offering this eventually, and that AFL cannot be all things to all men, but simple waypoints at least would be a really nice addition to AF, in my option.
Waypoints are the biggest thing I have been waiting for.....we need and want waypoints!

What do you mean?

I mean that you started from the ground (A) then climbed in height towards the end point (B) near the initial start point you went over houses. So when setting the height of point B how did you know that from point A you would climb quick enough to clear the houses right near the starting point of A

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4