Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Guys stop!! I need to sleep so I can fly in the morning :p I can't sleep cause I'm watching every new thread here :d

@Autoflight Logic
Oh... wau! Sorry I did not know that. I do not speak English so well so I did not understand everything here. I'm going to shut up and wait for the Beta. :)

Just flew my Inspire at the testing field, 2 batteries with AutoPilot then a 3rd with the DJI Pilot App.
I'm not a beta tester for DJI's newest features so I can't compare to that but I'm glad that I didn't have any problems.
Focus was my absolute favourite mode (camera stays pointed at POI wherever you go) and Orbit was also really smooth. I mostly kept flying in Focus as it was so much fun.
I spent a good while reading the manual beforehand but couldn't get any real usable shots out of the other modes really. Zip Line is a train wreck of an interface and several times the Inspire just span in circles pointing down.
I was using an iPhone 6 so I had GPS and network (usually I fly with an iPad mini 2) but I found the interface terrible to use, I hope it's not final.
I'll put a video up later but as I just got back I thought I'd share a few thoughts.

I think I am on the waiting list too, just have to pray someone don't post feedback lol

Or let me in beta, and Ill pay for the app now since I am going to anyways hehe :p

I just made some short flights, testing orbit and focus. Due to weather I couldn't make any more.

So:
Focus - super amazing!!! the video is really smooth, don't see any sudden moves. I encountered a little problem and that is: when I turn on the mode, I cannot reset camera position. It will be stuck in free mode.
Orbit - also amazing! I would recommend adding time that is needed to complete the selected orbit. I selected like 40meters, very low speed and it took quite a while :p

About the interface - should be a lot better! sometimes this is very confusing. Also there should be a better visible icon which shows if the recording is on/off..

I will fly later today if the weather allows it. If not, I'm back in air tomorrow testing other features

and here's the video of some of the modes. It's sped up but you can see how smooth they are.
Freakin Zip Line should be much better, I thought it would be like the 3DR Solo in ease of use. I just couldn't get it to work properly.

Zip Line is a train wreck of an interface ... but I found the interface terrible to use, I hope it's not final.
We very much appreciate your feedback, but comments like this aren't very useful. The whole reason for having a beta test is to both identify bugs and usability issues, and of course nothing is final. Instead, please provide constructive criticism when giving feedback such as: the interface was confusing to me because of "x", and I think you should specifically do "y" to address the issue. Additionally, this is what how you need to handle "y" on smaller and larger format screens, and in portrait versus landscape orientation.

Audio playback? Cant locate
Note that we set "Discard Audio on Disengage" to true by default since it takes up a ton of space and most people don't use it. It is opt-in in other words.

when I turn on the mode, I cannot reset camera position. It will be stuck in free mode.
Do you mean when you disengage the camera doesn't return to yaw follow straight ahead? It is supposed to, but we are seeing an issue where it does not work intermittently. We will be looking into it, but at a minimum we can put a button somewhere. The problem, as always, is identifying screen real estate on what you guys are already seeing is a very information dense interface.

About the interface - should be a lot better!
Again, see comments above.

Also there should be a better visible icon which shows if the recording is on/off..
Totally agree, this is an example of great constructive feedback! I will point out that the start/stop record button does change to a "stop icon" when recording - very subtle though.

Well I'm screwed! I've updated firmware and it's pouring buckets here in Clearwater Florida and no chance of it stopping till like Monday or Tuesday! Really want to get to test this product out!

Reactions: Maurice
I'm just hoping a few hundred Inspire pilots are on summer holidays (without their rig) so I can get my hands on this beta tomorrow... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell