Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Guys I'm going out for the 1st time tomorrow after getting my beta invitation yesterday morning. Been reading the manual and looking at the App on the iPad. When I engage the chosen mode I have selected where is the record video button or does it do it automatically. Screen grab would be helpful please.

Say you are doing a zipline, then you are engaged and hovering at point B. Now you disengage and close the Autopilot app and open DJI Pilot app, if I now hit the return to home button, would it go home from where I took off? Also if I am in the Autopilot app and engaged or not engaged will the RTH feature still work?
the autopilot used to tell me to switch to F mode so i used switch back to P mode when done... :)

Upgraded DJI 1.02.02.22 Beta firmware, now Autopilot won't engage. Powered down everything, reset everything, reinstalled FW but text file reported the installed software was same as reinstall. iPhone 6+ on ios 8.4

Took the AC out for the first time after being excepted on the Beta program. Found the App very straight forward and enjoyable to use. Each mode did what it was supposed to. Very impressed

Orbit with POI: seems an oval and not a circle. If it is holding with GPS I would have thought it would have been a circle, wind or no wind.

Small diameter orbits don't seem to hold the POI in the centre that well.

Are we supposed to have gimbal pitch working during orbit? Mine pitches but springs back when let go. I can maintain the pitch by carefully balancing the pitch control wheel. Am I doing something not right?

DJI 1.02.02.21 Beta firmware at least to me seems to be working fine with autopilot.

I have not upgraded to version 1.02.02.22 as of yet. and from what I am reading I guess I am not going to. I am enjoying autopilots beta a lot more.

Orbit with POI: seems an oval and not a circle. If it is holding with GPS I would have thought it would have been a circle, wind or no wind.

Small diameter orbits don't seem to hold the POI in the centre that well.

Are we supposed to have gimbal pitch working during orbit? Mine pitches but springs back when let go. I can maintain the pitch by carefully balancing the pitch control wheel. Am I doing something not right?

I have noticed that I only get an oval pattern when using orbit with a circumference of smaller than 50 feet. when I go out to 75 feet or more its way better. and even then it also seems to depend on altitude. the higher I go the better the circle as well. maybe I am crazy. I am going to go do an orbit at my buddy's house again today. Ill post a video this evening.

DJI 1.02.02.21 Beta firmware at least to me seems to be working fine with autopilot.

I have not upgraded to version 1.02.02.22 as of yet. and from what I am reading I guess I am not going to. I am enjoying autopilots beta a lot more.
Where are you getting these firmware versions from? Autopilot has 1.02.02.17.

OK, after my initial testing of the programs. I find that the orbit feature works better with a larger radius. 350 feet or more. I tested mine around a church and tighter than 350 feet was a little jerky and not as smooth. Second. I find that the center focus, doesn't stay in the center of the video. I'd like any pointers on that. I did play around with changing the center and the focus. Again, maybe it's me. I'd like to have the center of focus in the middle third of the picture.

Initiating zip line. For some reason the camera points down and then circles up after initialization. Is that something it's supposed to do?

Reactions: IrishSights
OK, after my initial testing of the programs. I find that the orbit feature works better with a larger radius. 350 feet or more. I tested mine around a church and tighter than 350 feet was a little jerky and not as smooth. Second. I find that the center focus, doesn't stay in the center of the video. I'd like any pointers on that. I did play around with changing the center and the focus. Again, maybe it's me. I'd like to have the center of focus in the middle third of the picture.

Initiating zip line. For some reason the camera points down and then circles up after initialization. Is that something it's supposed to do?

I have not even tried zipline yet, ill try it today and see if the same happens to me.

My Ovals are working perfect, I did a 50 foot altitude an 75 foot radius and it was not oval. Out of time for today but I can post my video tomorrow for you to see if you want.

**** **** ****!!! I'm out.. I updated beta firmware for the I1, and like 30m later I read it wont work... I'm out of the beta test with the I1. I still have the P3P

Reactions: Rustysilverwings
As promised, here is the video of my best friends house being built. I did this video today using Orbit. I am in love with this app. you will however notice that in the last 30 seconds or so that the inspire seems to speed up and make the last leg of the circle somewhat faster than the beginning. I did this same video 3 times and all 3 times the results where the same.

Tried if finally yesterday night, after a full week of rain and heavy winds. It was still quite windy but good enough.

Too bad I don't have an iPhone anymore. The RC doesn't have a strong enough GPS reception so Orbit, Follow and Focus, around device/RC were not at all doable, safely. It was way off all the time, even after it finally established a (sort of) GPS lock. I also noticed my iPad Mini2 didn't charge from the Tx, as soon as I closed Autopilot and opened DJI Pilot, charging started again.

Going to test POI today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla