Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Check out our new video tutorial series. More videos will be added soon so make sure to subscribe!

I purchased and tried out the app today with both the iPhone 6 and the iPad mini 3. Both devices run dji go perfectly with hardware decoding turned on. Unfortunately, with autopilot, there is too much lag and image breakup. Are you able to utilize hardware decoding through the sdk to improve video feed??

Bought!
Thanks Jim!
4c4fa691951231c357f0f4aec3ea6bef.jpg

Not possible right now. Multiple Focus points is on the roadmap.

Again, on the roadmap, but I think more people want Waypoint Mode first. Have to prioritize.

Will multiple focus points (when/if developed) be considered a new mode which will require purchasing again or will it be upgraded zipline? and if you ever add more than 2 points to zipline, will that be considered a new mode? Don't want to have to buy zipline now only to have to rebuy when improvements are added.

Reactions: perryseyes
Bummer. Too bad dji won't expose the hardware decoder. It makes a huge difference in the go app. I know litchi ended up doing their own hardware based decoder for the video feed on android. Not sure if this is possible on IOS

I tried the "trick" mentioned in the discussion linked above - ie, load DJI GO first... unfortunately, still having very poor FPV connection - lag and breakups... I just don't think it is usable without hardware decoding for iphone 6/ipad mini 3 - at least in my conditions (ambient temperature > 90). as noted, works fine in DJI GO (hardware decoding) and Litchi/Note 4 (again, with hardware decoding)

Update for Inspire 1 Pro in the works? Will the SDK expose additional camera settings for the new X5 and X5R cameras?

Hey Looking for some help , In zip line the AC moves out to point A or B depending on what I've selected but the just stays there , will not move to point B .

point A height is 10 metes
point B height is 15 meters
Distance is about 80 meters

Have tried closing the App and have even deleted it and reinstalled it .
no luck

POI and target works fine

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Cheers

Is it possible to have the autopilot app use a Bluetooth GPS source as opposed to the iOS device itself? A usage scenario that came up is shooting a water skier towed behind the boat.

Is it possible to have the autopilot app use a Bluetooth GPS source as opposed to the iOS device itself? A usage scenario that came up is shooting a water skier towed behind the boat.
Best way to do that is to have the Inspire follow the boat with an offset of your choice and then operate the gimbal manually.

Hey Looking for some help , In zip line the AC moves out to point A or B depending on what I've selected but the just stays there , will not move to point B .

point A height is 10 metes
point B height is 15 meters
Distance is about 80 meters

Have tried closing the App and have even deleted it and reinstalled it .
no luck

POI and target works fine

Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Cheers
Just use the slider to move the craft from a to b

Best way to do that is to have the Inspire follow the boat with an offset of your choice and then operate the gimbal manually.
That might work but does not sound ideal. The skier has a lot of dramatic lateral movement that cannot be abstracted as a fixed offset. Please consider adding this option, Auto flight logic.

That might work but does not sound ideal. The skier has a lot of dramatic lateral movement that cannot be abstracted as a fixed offset. Please consider adding this option, Auto flight logic.
Unless you are pretty high up i dont think you are going to get good framing without operating it manually. The offset is only for the aircraft which will still be flying autonomously and that way you can concentrate on the framing of the gimbal manually.

if you ever add more than 2 points to zipline, will that be considered a new mode?
If you mean Waypoint Mode, yes this will be an upgrade. It is considerably more effort on top of Zip Line to develop, and I think our pricing model (and reasoning behind it) has already been discussed at length in this forum, and in other places.

I tried the "trick" mentioned in the discussion linked above - ie, load DJI GO first... unfortunately, still having very poor FPV connection - lag and breakups... I just don't think it is usable without hardware decoding for iphone 6/ipad mini 3 - at least in my conditions (ambient temperature > 90). as noted, works fine in DJI GO (hardware decoding) and Litchi/Note 4 (again, with hardware decoding)
Does it happen all the time, or just in high temperatures? All of the iOS developers are asking DJI to fix this. They have stated that their ultimate goal with the SDK is to expose all the features the GO app has (including hardware decoding), so we are hopeful.

Just use the slider to move the craft from a to b
This is the way to do it with Advanced Mode Controls selected. In Basic and Intermediate just tap Fly to Point A or Fly to Point B.

Autopilot already supports external GPS units.

If you mean Waypoint Mode, yes this will be an upgrade. It is considerably more effort on top of Zip Line to develop, and I think our pricing model (and reasoning behind it) has already been discussed at length in this forum, and in other places.

Does it happen all the time, or just in high temperatures? All of the iOS developers are asking DJI to fix this. They have stated that their ultimate goal with the SDK is to expose all the features the GO app has (including hardware decoding), so we are hopeful.

This is the way to do it with Advanced Mode Controls selected. In Basic and Intermediate just tap Fly to Point A or Fly to Point B.

Autopilot already supports external GPS units.

I think it's the combination of heat + lack of hardware decoding... I stuck a icepack on it and it improves a lot.

Regarding zipline - sorry, I meant, will there be incremental improvement on it that WON'T cost money? Ie, more than one focus point like in the DJI GO app (different focus point for A and B)

Regarding zipline - sorry, I meant, will there be incremental improvement on it that WON'T cost money? Ie, more than one focus point like in the DJI GO app (different focus point for A and B)
We are definitely committed to incremental improvements that come to existing users at no cost (look at how we treated the 1.1 to 2.0 upgrade for example - Follow and Orbit saw massive improvements with additional focus options and POI selection). As for this specific feature, we are open to the idea of multiple focus points, but will need to think through the ramifications of this for all the other modes (as they all include the focus options).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin