Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

If you tap the path inspector, you can then tap it to make it go 2x, 4x, and then stop.

I don't think it shows flight details - but I'll let Jim confirm that.

Reactions: damoncooper
WRT Path Inspector, having played with it a bit now I think it's very valuable. The RTH line is an especially nice touch, to clearly see the flight path that would happen should a RTH be invoked.

I didn't realize initially that you can drag the inspector icon around in real time. That's great.

But I think there is a real need to just "play the flight", which would involve animating the Path Inspector along the flight path.

Speed could be selectable at 1X, 2X, 4X or 8X.

Nice job guys!! I love the flight preview via path inspector. Thank you!

Being able to pause might be good, as someone mentioned, but that's gravy I think.

Being able to chase behind the aircraft icon on its flight path with tilted map might be a wicked cool option too to really get a feel for what the flight will be like.

Last edited:
Reactions: egoldy
@autoflightlogic Is the camera setting option making its way up the priority list? I know you've said its on the list. Now with waypoints it's more critical than ever to get this functionality for cinematic scripting . Most of your competition has recently added also after incorporating waypoints. Seems like a good time to add...Just asking since its the gift giving season

@autoflightlogic Is the camera setting option making its way up the priority list? I know you've said its on the list. Now with waypoints it's more critical than ever to get this functionality for cinematic scripting . Most of your competition has recently added also after incorporating waypoints. Seems like a good time to add...Just asking since its the gift giving season
3.1, along with updating to the new version of the SDK that supports the X5, Osmo, P3 Standard, etc.

I'll be explaining this in detail in the video, but here it is quickly.

1) You need two trigger points
2) First one has to be set to "next" or "prev & next"
3) Second/Next one has to be set to "prev" or "prev and next".

Then, instead of focusing on Trigger point 1 and immediately shifting to Trigger Point 2, it will slowly transition from TP1 to TP2 over the course of that segment between the two points.

Here's a quick flight plan you can load into Autopilot to examine. Notice the difference between how it transitions between 1 & 2 and then 2 & 3.

Check out this Autopilot Flight Plan: autopilot://flightplan/JGUad1rP5q

Great - if possible, if you get some great shots, please share them with me. Try and safe the mission and record the screen and send those to me too. Just finished scripting out the video and will be shooting and editing it this weekend so I can get it ideally done before Christmas.

AutoPilot is the hammer. Keep it up!
Have a question: How does the importing the KML / KMZ files?

Last edited:
Build 62 is bringing KML/KMZ import.

Great, with Build 65 the waypoints are nearly at the right place.
Is it possible to pass the altitude information for every waypoint from the KML files as well?
That would be really a big help because I frame and previz many of our aerial shootings in Google Earth anyway, for example:

Maybe it would be an exaggeration to ask for the passing the viewing angle I always save for the Google Earth points, because it would need a special algorithm for transferring them to focus triggers, I think?

How does the importing the KML / KMZ files?

If you are on a Mac just throw a KML file to your iPad/iPhone with Airdrop.
And if you are forced to use a PC ;-) email them to your IOS device, and open the attachment in Autopilot.

Last edited:
what does subject interpolation in focus trigger do? I can't see a difference with the path inspector.
Here is another flight plan showing the use of Focus Trigger Interpolation over 18 holes of a gold course:
autopilot://flightplan/EZZM7Ivd9D

Is it possible to pass the altitude information for every waypoint...Maybe it would be an exaggeration to ask for the passing the viewing angle
Not right now, but definitely open to that in a future version.

If you are on a Mac just throw a KML file to your iPad/iPhone with Airdrop.
And if you are forced to use a PC ;-) email them to your IOS device, and open the attachment in Autopilot.
This is correct.

Last edited:
I think the forum messes up app-links. Try copy and pasting this right in to Safari:
autopilot://flightplan/EZZM7Ivd9D
This makes my flight plan look like child's play . But you gave me some ideas of how to blend different interpolations.
Tried mine this morning, but forgot to raise the max distance. Didn't realize there were two settings in the menu (overall and mode). Just figured it out, so will redo tomorrow morning before the Palm Springs retirees come out to golf. They sleep in during the winter time, so had the course to myself

when the preview is in automatic mode sometimes the info box covers up or otherwise obstructs the flight path icon. Perhaps the info window could be in the same place the preview handle is when in manual preview mode.

I think it's been mentioned but gimbal pitch angle would be great in info window.

In preview mode, I would also like to see straight line distance from Waypoint 1 so that we know how far the flight will get from transmitter.

This program is really awesome now. The only thing missing imho is better waypoint editing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde