Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

snowing... and before that friken cold weather and before that rain... luck is not on my side these days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look great - but just cant wonder what you guys earn money from when you upgrade to new version for free (not that i have any problem with that ;) )
Happy new year to you all!!

I've been beta testing since v2 and had no major issues. I just downloaded the final version from the App Store and now, my P3 Pro flies erratically in waypoint mode when set to speeds above 30kph. It tracks OK, but it stops and starts and rocks quite violently. It's like if I fly wth full forward stick and then go from full forward and back to neutral and then full forward again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Asomaro
Look great - but just cant wonder what you guys earn money from when you upgrade to new version for free (not that i have any problem with that ;) )
Happy new year to you all!!
In the end the only way the current arrangement can continue is if new users continue to sign up. For that we very much rely on you guys to spread the word - and we very much appreciate it when you do as we love what we do.

I've been beta testing since v2 and had no major issues. I just downloaded the final version from the App Store and now, my P3 Pro flies erratically in waypoint mode when set to speeds above 30kph.
Does this happen at far distances, or all the time? If you can consistently reproduce it, please email the flight plan, flight logs, and a screen recording to [email protected] so we can determine the cause.

Reactions: Phatzo and Busch
It saddens me that I spent so much money upgrading to the inspire 1 pro only to find out that your amazing autopilot software doesnt work with it.

Really sucks, been flying all year 2015 with autopilot, now have to wait for dji to release the SDK. I spent more on upgrading to i1 Pro but now cant do half of what I was doing before on my x3.

Cant you guys harass DJI for pro SDK?!?! Ill spend $100 on your app if it worked with Pro

I've been beta testing since v2 and had no major issues. I just downloaded the final version from the App Store and now, my P3 Pro flies erratically in waypoint mode when set to speeds above 30kph. It tracks OK, but it stops and starts and rocks quite violently. It's like if I fly wth full forward stick and then go from full forward and back to neutral and then full forward again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think this is new. I've always noted the P3 responds aggressively. It's just more noticeable at higher speeds and with waypoints the commands probably change more than zip line or other mode. I've hoped to smooth out the response with an Expo setting or something. Don't have my I1 now to compare, but curious if it's similar.

I managed to get a break in the weather today to test out the new autopilot v3 firmware which now allows waypoints.

I preset the mission on my iPad Air autopilot app, I included three pre defined focus points with 8 waypoints with specified height, track and speed. The mission was then saved and then re-loaded once I reached the site (Knowlton church).

I double checked everything including using the in app "path inspector" which allows a virtual track of not only the flight but also where and at what point the camera would be pointing towards the focus points which were a) the church, b) the tree mound and then c) back to the church. Once I was happy I went to the flight dashboard and engaged the mission. It flew the mission with no input from me other than to start and stop the mission with no problems at all - phew!

Here is a video (should be in 4K which is really worth looking at if you have the screen!) - very overcast day then the sun burst through for a few moments at the end - I have to say that I am impressed with Autopilot!

Reactions: damoncooper
I don't think this is new. I've always noted the P3 responds aggressively.
There is a long standing bug in the SDK that we have requested DJI fix. We are doing our best to work around it, but it can still manifest it self in certain scenarios.

In other news, first flight test with the Inspire 1 Pro was successful yesterday. The goal is to have something for this weekend.

There is a long standing bug in the SDK that we have requested DJI fix. We are doing our best to work around it, but it can still manifest it self in certain scenarios.

In other news, first flight test with the Inspire 1 Pro was successful yesterday. The goal is to have something for this weekend.

Between two showers, I could not resist, yesterday, first short test, around 500meter, 4 waypoints with different height settings and different views...Autoflight waypoints works perfectly...SUPER !!!

Update on the next build of our beta: we have discovered a show-stopper issue where the app will randomly stop receiving battery telemetry from the aircraft at about 4-5 minutes into a flight. DJI is currently investigating, and we don't feel comfortable releasing a beta version with this limitation.

Finally had a chance to play with the new Waypoints on my office desk, trying to learn what is a fairly complex set of new features. A fellow airplane pilot and I both had to remark at what a total world-changing thing this app (and others similar to it) really are. Autonomous, remote, robotic, programmed flight for $30! 5, 10 years ago, no one would have believed it. You are to be congratulated for pushing the envelope so far forward, opening up so many new possible uses/solutions for drones/photography/videography. Truly amazing stuff! Now I just need to practice, practice, practice to learn how to integrate this power into what I do. SciFi has become reality!

Reactions: gregdd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP