Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Barry Island Harbour UK

Quick flight over Barry Island Harbour UK to try out some camera settings.

Any problems getting permissions from CWL ATC?
SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts
Also, how did you get permission to fly within EGDX? Isn't this Military RAF Training area?
Although your website says you are working towards PFAW I can only assume you have done no groundschool as yet?

Hi, thanks for your comments, I am a military Forward air controller and have controlled jets and helicopters in a variety of locations, RAF St Athan had no issues, however i did not contact CWL, as of yet none of my flights are commercial , although i have a website , no company has been registered, all my flights are at the moment done as a very expensive hobby, i am gaining knowledge towards my PFAW for when i leave the Army soon after 30 years of service. At the moment I aim to keep within the regulations as laid out by the CAA, my craft is below 20kg and therefore not registered with the CAA, I always fly below 400ft my max is 100m and my normal line of site is no more than 300m, these are set and programmed within my flight controller. I do have a flight log and maintenance record for batteries etc. For my own peace of mind I do have public liability cover as i am conscious that this is a must, although i'm sure not all hobbiest have this. Any advice would be greatful.

thanks

Snowy

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk