Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery cell broken

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've not flown for about 8 weeks, work commitments...:eek::eek: I know this question has been asked before, don't shoot me down:D

In the Go app I'm getting a warning message "Battery Cell Damaged" I've checked the battery history & for the last few records it's telling me one cell is broken. This battery has only been charged 18 times, it's also out of warranty.

All cells are uniform, showing about 3.99 to 4.00v but the last cell is on 3.81v, this is not from fully charged I'm playing with the sim app at the mo hence why the voltage is lower.

I've also drained the battery down & recharged but still getting the same error message:(

Am I right by thinking this battery is now knackered or is there something else I can try? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hummm, same here after successfully upgrade AC/RC/and 9 batteries.
97%life
Charged 12 times.
Pampered as usual, no cold weather or over discharged.
Before the upgrade, old firmware suggested the 20 charge/discharge procedure. ...
Will info how everything gone

If you already deep cycled the battery and the error is still showing up, i wouldn't even use it as a paperweight.

chris

Thought that might be the answer, well I'd thought I'd ask;) oh well I wonder if the wife will buy me another one:rolleyes:

Sorry for the stupid question guys;)

Here ya go, a good pen holder:D

image.jpeg

Oh I don't believe it, just been playing around with the sim app & guess what? I'm not getting the error message now from my battery:eek: what's that all about...

I'll keep an eye on it & see if the error returns.

The only thing I done today was update the go app to the latest version as of today, could that be the problem?

@unyks & @hakaniniman

Last edited:
Did have this also a couple of times,and always the message disappeared.But I ALWAYS check battery before flight and during.
Now I can expect some footage from your area?

Oh well, just charged my battery up again, battery cell damage back:(:( dam... Oh well I tried.

Think I'll just keep this battery for power while using the sim in the go app:confused: at least I've got no worries about it falling out of the sky..;)
That's what I use mine for, sent it in and they gave it back but also gave me a new battery.

I know you were joking about the paper weight but just be careful. It sounds like you may have a soft short (that could turn into a hard short) so you may not want this battery in your house. Is there any visible bulging?

That's what I use mine for, sent it in and they gave it back but also gave me a new battery.

Thought about sending it back but it's out of warranty:(

I know you were joking about the paper weight but just be careful. It sounds like you may have a soft short (that could turn into a hard short) so you may not want this battery in your house. Is there any visible bulging?

Checked the battery out for swelling, all looks good, looks exactly the same as my other three.

Buy a new one from a authorized reseller and use the receipt to have the bad one replaced under warranty...DJI will send you a new one. They don't track serial numbers on parts.

Buy a new one from a authorized reseller and use the receipt to have the bad one replaced under warranty...DJI will send you a new one. They don't track serial numbers on parts.
Unfortunately, the date of manufacture is stored internally. This will be the first thing DJI check upon a return to base.
This date will show a long timeframe between it rolling off the production line and the 'new receipt'
Additionally, under SOG 1976 the contract of sale is between the dealer and the buyer (DJI are not party to this in any way) therefore the onus is on the dealer to replace the 'faulty' pack.
Consumer law is very different in the UK.

Unfortunately, the date of manufacture is stored internally. This will be the first thing DJI check upon a return to base.
This date will show a long timeframe between it rolling off the production line and the 'new receipt'
Additionally, under SOG 1976 the contract of sale is between the dealer and the buyer (DJI are not party to this in any way) therefore the onus is on the dealer to replace the 'faulty' pack.
Consumer law is very different in the UK.
Editor...such a boy scout.

DJI in LA,CA is so **** clueless and busy...they just don't give a crap so long as their consumers are happy. Raise your tone of voice, threaten to post a faulty DJI battery video on youtube...they cave every time...If this was Yuneec they would forgive all and just replaced it hence a reason why the H platform is eating away at the Inspire...But nope, someone gets to enjoy a barely used paper weight.

Editor...such a boy scout.

DJI in LA,CA is so **** clueless and busy...they just don't give a crap so long as their consumers are happy. Raise your tone of voice, threaten to post a faulty DJI battery video on youtube...they cave every time...If this was Yuneec they would forgive all and just replaced it hence a reason why the H platform is eating away at the Inspire...But nope, someone gets to enjoy a barely used paper weight.
Not at all - read my post again. Clampit is in the UK and as such has far better consumer protection when it comes to buying anything.
The manufacturer (DJI) has nothing to do with either the replacement or repair of faulty goods when it comes to a problem. The retailer is responsible for putting right or replacing those goods under English law. This is so the retailer/dealer cannot hide behind the old " Oh, we need to send it back to the manufacturer " excuse.

As an aside @exactly how old is the battery since under European legislation I think you will find that the expectation and warranty is 12 months on rechargeable batteries. You will need to research this but the common DJI 6 months warranty is meaningless in Europe (but double check that) as you are afforded greater protection under your statutory rights and SOG which overweighs anything the manufacturer gives you.

Now, where did I put those two sticks to rub together - I need to light a fire and practice my knots for my badge. :p

Not at all - read my post again. Clampit is in the UK and as such has far better consumer protection when it comes to buying anything.
The manufacturer (DJI) has nothing to do with either the replacement or repair of faulty goods when it comes to a problem. The retailer is responsible for putting right or replacing those goods under English law. This is so the retailer/dealer cannot hide behind the old " Oh, we need to send it back to the manufacturer " excuse.

As an aside @exactly how old is the battery since under European legislation I think you will find that the expectation and warranty is 12 months on rechargeable batteries. You will need to research this but the common DJI 6 months warranty is meaningless in Europe (but double check that) as you are afforded greater protection under your statutory rights and SOG which overweighs anything the manufacturer gives you.

Now, where did I put those two sticks to rub together - I need to light a fire and practice my knots for my badge. :p
Without a sales receipt you have nothing and as for warranty work with DJI...that's a slippery slope.

Without a sales receipt you have nothing and as for warranty work with DJI...that's a slippery slope.
I am not arguing about warranty work - once it goes in, who knows what will come back (if ever).
Good old UK wins again though as proof of purchase does not need to be evidenced by a sales receipt for service or replacement.
This Sales Of Goods Act (SOG) is a VERY powerful tool for the consumer in the UK. :p

@The Editor @Bryan Conover

Many thanks for your input regarding my TB47, I always thought it was a 6 month warranty but, well a big BUT:D I'll contact the company that sold me my gear & see what they can offer. If it's 12 months I may get a result regarding a replacement, it was bought from a dealer not DJI.

Il keep you guys posted on my progress, not counting on anything but you never know;)

Thanks again guys;)

Hey guys,

Just to let you know, I've just emailed @SlrHut regarding my battery error message.

giphy.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD