Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question , how do i limit the motor power on the inspire to do only 80% ?
Seakie hand can't do 80%, haha.
Tools can help ..... Like rubber ben .have a clear look at one of my RC photo you can figer out how I do the 80 %

These test flights are all identical: 1.5m hover. This was a TB48 and two 6S 2200's.
so you let it hoover fir 27:36 ? wow..... be aware killing your motor and battery .... did you check those when landed?

so you let it hoover fir 27:36 ? wow..... be aware killing your motor and battery .... did you check those when landed?

No wear and tear. Motors are cool to touch on landing. I decided on this approach to testing as

- it's easily and perfectly repeatable
- it keeps the aircraft close should something go wrong
- it minimizes potential for damage should an electrical fault or other issue occur
- it's easier to test (just a parking lot or small park will do)

Reactions: Fanti
Just to add to the subject of topping off. I bought the SmartPowercharger and have found it invaluable in helping me meticulously maintain my batteries. After I allow my used batteries to cool they go right in the charger up to four can charge at a time. As soon as the charger registers the battery it displays its current voltage and begins charging. Once all have charged to completion and shut off they show the voltage achieved. I then lift each up and turn it on and reinsert in the charger. It will again begin to charge the battery effectivelly topping it off. If I don't use them that day ill top them off again before I use them. I'm active enough right now that I haven't had any discharge for storage however I have in the past and my practice of always topping off before a planned use has prevented me from encountering a half charged battery from storage while out flying. The charger is also convenient as it allows a deep cycle whenever it's deemed necessary. I do so every 10 uses. The only difference in procedure is the charger is preset to deep cycle and the battery is installed while turned on. The charger will then apply a load until each cell has reached its preset safety discharge point and follow this with a full charge cycle. Just as an example I bought the TB 47 I have for sale with the orange body when it had 17 or 18 flights on it. My purchase coinsided with the firmware update which required a reset if all battery levels thereby forcing a deep cycle. The SmartPowercharger handled it without issue and I continued to use it regularly. That battery now shows 36 cycles and is rated at 91% life with a 100% charge showing 4054mAh. This would predict 80 cycles before the battery would reach 80% life.
Chnjab: I also got a Smart Power Charge, but for P3. I must says it works fine. However some of my batteries don't seem to go to 17.4V, even when topping off. They stop at 17.2 or 17.3V. I then top off again, but not sure if that helps. What about yours?

Reactions: SkyAir
What your witnessing is the gradual decline in performance of this type of battery. The difference is when you charge them utilizing DJI's charger you don't easily notice unless you examine them carefully through the app. This is why all lipos have a defined life cycle. The best you can do to help slow this process is to deep cycle at suggested intervals and top off as Damon and I have described. In some cases ill actually top them off twice given the protections afforded by both the charger and the batteries it wont hurt anything and continues to attempt to put every last ounce of power possible into each cell. I should add this is just another example of the usefulness those who insist the SmartPowercharger isn't economical in comparison to purchasing multiple DJI chargers.
Thanks. In the Smart Power Charge manual it says only to do a deep cycle if the battery has less than 30%. Any idea why that is? Can't it just deep cycle all the way from 90 or 100%?

Next attempts at 30min queued up for today's testing:

- Two TB48's and then
- Two TB47's

Both with CG centered very close to where it is on the aircraft.

Worth noting the DJI Matrice 100 with identical motors can do 40min hover with two TB48's. But the Matrice is a lighter aircraft and that's without an X3 camera.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449417027.544859.jpg

That's awesome Damon! Wish i could be there when you sail past 30. I'm on my way into the city to help B&H with their property tax payments LOL. I've tested 9 lenses in total for the X5 with complete success with 7. Now I'm on my way to pick up another 8 and the accompanying hoods, filters, rings, etc to test.

Nice! Hopefully you'll compile a list of your findings for us folks yet to jump on the X5/R train :)

Next attempts at 30min queued up for today's testing:

- Two TB48's and then
- Two TB47's

Both with CG centered very close to where it is on the aircraft.

Worth noting the DJI Matrice 100 with identical motors can do 40min hover with two TB48's. But the Matrice is a lighter aircraft and that's without an X3 camera.

View attachment 4827

Ok both tests where a bust: 24:10 and 19:15

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449430920.743924.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449430855.447151.jpg

No good....:-(

So best so far is with what batts ?

Your TB47 only 4048 mah after 9 cycles...that sucks

What temp was it outside ?

Btw, may wanna try with some Traxxas 3S batteries in series. They have proven me to be extremely well performing. Flying a P1 for 37 mins.

Some of my new aux batteries have become "puffed". I used them once, recharged them, but then didn't use them for some weeks (my mistake). When I check the cells, they are fine though (max voltage), and fly fine. Can I still use these batteries?
I can squeeze the "case", no problem, so I don't think the cells are "puffed". They also don't run hot when using them, and they don't get bigger after use or after recharging.

No good....:-(

So best so far is with what batts ?

Your TB47 only 4048 mah after 9 cycles...that sucks

What temp was it outside ?

So far the best is TB48 + 2 x 2200mah 6S nano-techs.

It was about 55F during the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo