Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick life hack:

To get the Thunder Power LiHV charger to charge a non-Thunder Power LiHV (like the Multistar LiHV's) to 4.35V, connect a TP LiHV balance lead to the 7S balance port while your non-TP LiHV is connected to the 6S balance port to start charging and get by the TP chargers' "wrong battery type" error check.

You can (and should) disconnect the TP LiHV as soon as charging / discharging / storage begins so as not to skew the cell voltage readings.

Necessary since the TP LiHV charger requires the extra balance pin on the TP LiHV batteries to start charging LiHV. It's a safety feature I guess. The 7th pin connects to an internal battery resistor.

a9f70dfa2263ac45bd077a50a085061c.jpg
3118d37a72afcc348c42ce7e60ff87e0.jpg
6290b98a96b59eb97835605039419547.jpg

Last edited:
29:20 to 10% with 450mah remaining in the battery (as expected). Not bad, but not earthshaking either. Mounted as below with no VPS issues.

I did like the VPS stability with this mounting solution.

Much better than the 3D printed mounting plates I've been using when batteries are mounted underneath the plates.

5771b8bb1285a382fb6b3b4164524c2b.jpg

6deb20e1ef387ffb09b1e584534b4afe.jpg

8e08b14dbdfc01ae6ed2c2158687f11c.jpg
What is the mounting solution ?

Is there a general consensus on the best weight-to-flight-time ratio auxiliary batteries?

Quick question. Can anyone confirm that the location I have the arrows are correct for attaching two XT60 connectors for parallel setup?

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
i lost my short flight time virginity :) lol
i have some 6s from my custom build octo and put it on (no props) and fired her up then put on the pack :)
8000mha but only on the table. nano turnigy.

after a bit of thinking time it showed me the magic 25 min :)
so now i can confirm that my mod is working as i have tested it :)

now i just need to get myself those LiHV from somewhere :) Ralph??
need to place order... (rocking back and forth whispering the same sentence over and over...) lol

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 63
Is there a general consensus on the best weight-to-flight-time ratio auxiliary batteries?

2 X Thunder Power 25C 2700's or
1 X Multistar LiHV 5200

get about 30 min to 10% on an I1 w/X3. Someone above tried a Multistar 6600 LiHV and got 33 min I believe but I haven't tried that personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: emtea
On several times I have ran the batteries to 30% with TB48 and 2 TP 2700's and X5 I get 20:30 to 21:00.

aha. hmm... i fly over water and will fly over a crowed end of june... its a festival.
i am not reckless and do plan and discuss with the organisator what i can and can not do. i will use the I1 as it is the best choice at the moment although i feel sad about not having a x5r for better pic.

doing down to 10% is a bit risky feeling for me as i have been used to the 30.
i will have to make excessive tests for me to find my sweet spot and where i feel safe to fly and do my work good.

thanks for the info.

aha. hmm... i fly over water and will fly over a crowed end of june... its a festival.
i am not reckless and do plan and discuss with the organisator what i can and can not do. i will use the I1 as it is the best choice at the moment although i feel sad about not having a x5r for better pic.

doing down to 10% is a bit risky feeling for me as i have been used to the 30.
i will have to make excessive tests for me to find my sweet spot and where i feel safe to fly and do my work good.

thanks for the info.
I agree with you, when I was in Maui in February I did not have the battery mod and was flying over the ocean a lot but it scared me so I only flew my TB48's down to 25-30% nothing lower and I only got about 12 minutes.

With the battery mod I would be comfortable to take them down to 20% now as there is battery redundancy now so not as much of a worry.

When I first did the mod however I liked to see how the batteries reacted in regards to the percentage level dropping at a nice steady rate to 10%. So I would be prepared and know how the setup is going to react. Basically do a test to see how realistic and correct the last 20% on the gauge is.

Also I forgot to tell you the video you made was good!

I agree with you, when I was in Maui in February I did not have the battery mod and was flying over the ocean a lot but it scared me so I only flew my TB48's down to 25-30% nothing lower and I only got about 12 minutes.

With the battery mod I would be comfortable to take them down to 20% now as there is battery redundancy now so not as much of a worry.

When I first did the mod however I liked to see how the batteries reacted in regards to the percentage level dropping at a nice steady rate to 10%. So I would be prepared and know how the setup is going to react. Basically do a test to see how realistic and correct the last 20% on the gauge is.

Also I forgot to tell you the video you made was good!

Yeah for clarity, when battery testing I am going to 10% but in real life especially with me carrying my X5R on my Pro 1.5 miles out at sea, I'm back over land by 35% or more :)

Recreational flying with my I1 tester, though, I hope to possibly push a few barriers :)

Last edited:
I still flying with my Nano Tech 6s
2x1550mah with X3 16mins Landing 30%
With X5 12mins Landing 30%
2x 2200mah with X3 22mins Landing 30%
With X5 18mins Landing 30%
I am waiting for my Orion Touch Dou firmware upgrade to support LIHV than I will move on.

Attachments

• 20160407_184230.jpg
    20160407_184230.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
I am waiting for my Orion Touch Dou firmware upgrade to support LIHV than I will move on.

What is that added frame on the arms of your bird? Is that where you attach your lipo packs?

2 X Thunder Power 25C 2700's or
1 X Multistar LiHV 5200

get about 30 min to 10% on an I1 w/X3. Someone above tried a Multistar 6600 LiHV and got 33 min I believe but I haven't tried that personally.
Thanks Damon. Do you sell the Multistars? I'm having some issues finding stock.

Do you know of a small and light LiHV charger? I'd like to pack it with me when travelling with my inspire.

What is your main batt you are using ?

Thanks Damon. Do you sell the Multistars? I'm having some issues finding stock.

Do you know of a small and light LiHV charger? I'd like to pack it with me when travelling with my inspire.

I'm just a user, sorry. Hobbyking makes a LiHV capable charger that's compact, but power supply is extra and external.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HenriettaF