Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phatzo, great job and thank you for taking the time and effort in helping everyone!

One question for those more savvy than me in electricals (including Phatzo), do you guys see any issues with soldering copper wire to those battery terminals? I don't know what they are made of, but are there certain metals that don't solder as well together?

Also, someone mentioned not using RC wires...I usually use Turnigy silicone wires, with high copper strand count. Would this not be ideal?

Phatzo, great job and thank you for taking the time and effort in helping everyone!

One question for those more savvy than me in electricals (including Phatzo), do you guys see any issues with soldering copper wire to those battery terminals? I don't know what they are made of, but are there certain metals that don't solder as well together?

Also, someone mentioned not using RC wires...I usually use Turnigy silicone wires, with high copper strand count. Would this not be ideal?

Hi emtea :)

i was thinking of using the awg12 with the xt60 but then chose to go with our factory copper cables which are non silicone. they are a bit more stiff and can not withsrand as much direct heat but i doubt that there will be so mich heat genrated so that the one i used will melt down.
for the automotive industry we only use copperwire. the awg 12 i have from hobby king is coated with something and ultrasound welding them together would have not worked well and that is why we used normal.
m

Hey Phatzo you mentioned about taking it apart again just to show people how to do it. Thats sounds like a great idea :) Perhaps you could do a video too.

i will try to make a vid tomorrow in work.
will be funny as i ha e never done sth like this ever before :) prepare to hold your stomachs while falling off the chair watching :D

i will try to do a disassembly and reassembly in one video. the stripping takes about 30-45 mins for me by now but i will try to get the right order to minimize confusions...

seems like there is demand for my proposal :)
i like you liked my likes guys :) feels good to be liked and like back so we all like what we like and liked LOL :)

Hey guys, question for you all.

What about two 1300mah 3s in series with a low C. (Maybe 20c?) They would be light and drain slower than the main so hopefully ending up deleted at the same times. Or would you just drain the 2600mah and then force the main batt to start charging it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, question for you all.

What about two 1300mah 3s in series with a low C. (Maybe 20c?) They would be light and drain slower than the main so hopefully ending up deleted at the same times. Or would you just drain the 2600mah and then force the main batt to start charging it ?

1300's are really too small to be useful in my opinion. The rate of drain is, well, complicated. The DJI battery has some unique characteristics like an FET that triggers above 26.1V to accept charge, below (as aux drain), release charge etc.

So it's not accurate to say the rate of drain on the TB battery is constant through flight.

But yes, you can use two 3S wired in series, then wired in parallel to the main DJI battery.

Best results on an X3-toting aircraft so far are around 2 X 2700mah 6S 25C batteries wired in parallel to main (or one 5400-5700mah 6S), but they really need to be 20C or greater for best results. Too high a C rating adds unnecessary weight. Too low (DJI, Multistar etc) and you end up with a huge amount of unused power left in the aux battery at the flight end (long story on why, but that's the deal).

25C is about right. Lighter the better.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUav
1300's are really too small to be useful in my opinion. The rate of drain is, well, complicated. The DJI battery has some unique characteristics like an FET that triggers above 26.1V to accept charge, below (as aux drain), release charge etc.

So it's not accurate to say the rate of drain on the TB battery is constant through flight.

But yes, you can use two 3S wired in series, then wired in parallel to the main DJI battery.

Best results on an X3-toting aircraft so far are around 2 X 2700mah 6S 25C batteries wired in parallel to main (or one 5400-5700mah 6S), but they really need to be 20C or greater for best results. Too high a C rating adds unnecessary weight. Too low (DJI, Multistar etc) and you end up with a huge amount of unused power left in the aux battery at the flight end (long story on why, but that's the deal).

25C is about right. Lighter the better.
All true and correct. BUT, your best choice would Multistar LiHv batteries. Currently the best setup available. They discharge within 1-2% as the Dji battery.

All true and correct. BUT, your best choice would Multistar LiHv batteries. Currently the best setup available. They discharge within 1-2% as the Dji battery.

Hmmm. I tried them but still had the problem of 20%+ unused capacity left in the tank.

I had that with the normal Multistars, but not LiHvs. Which ones did you try, which capacity ?

Anyone have some of the batteries that weren't the best but still worked that they want to get rid of cheap ? Pm me lol

i will try to make a vid tomorrow in work.
will be funny as i ha e never done sth like this ever before :) prepare to hold your stomachs while falling off the chair watching :D

i will try to do a disassembly and reassembly in one video. the stripping takes about 30-45 mins for me by now but i will try to get the right order to minimize confusions...

seems like there is demand for my proposal :)
i like you liked my likes guys :) feels good to be liked and like back so we all like what we like and liked LOL :)
Im sure your video will be awesome!!

Reactions: damoncooper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy