Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I flew my i1 v2 with x3 cam, 2x2700 fixed on the landing tube (like you did).
Stability - rock , flight time- 29.2 m at 30% left in main and 29% in aux. quite happy with the results.
Waiting for the 8000 results.

Rampage or Elite series? That time seems mighty impressive. I wonder if the V2 motors and X3 camera is the sweet spot?

What are you running for propellers?

Great and Thanks BTW I'll test without heavy transforming landing gear system and the VPS + ms 8000 :)
Please take pictures of your setup. I've already removed the VPS. I think I weighed it at 36g. I can't remember. I'll have to check it out tonight. As for the landing screw jack, that is very heavy. I'm curious what you will do to lock the arms in place. I'm also thinking you wouldn't need the small diameter tubes as they are used by the screw jack to raise and lower the landing gear. Lastly, I'm wondering if you could fit a custom pack in place of the screw jack. Maybe. Maybe not. Might not be enough space. Would be very cool though as the weight of the battery would be in a perfect spot.

Yes
Rampage or Elite series? That time seems mighty impressive. I wonder if the V2 motors and X3 camera is the sweet spot?

yes, I was imresed as well, used CF T-Motor prop.
I think placing the aux batteries on the landing gears tube and not on the mount bracket under the TBx , makes a better Cg and less resistance on the motors. I'll post a pic later.
Now we must find a way to take out the heavy landing screw jack, but we must know that the bird will stay in flight position (landing gear up) , and land it by hand catching . I didn't mention the way to transport it.:(

Reactions: RDTech
Yes

Please take pictures of your setup. I've already removed the VPS. I think I weighed it at 36g. I can't remember. I'll have to check it out tonight. As for the landing screw jack, that is very heavy. I'm curious what you will do to lock the arms in place. I'm also thinking you wouldn't need the small diameter tubes as they are used by the screw jack to raise and lower the landing gear. Lastly, I'm wondering if you could fit a custom pack in place of the screw jack. Maybe. Maybe not. Might not be enough space. Would be very cool though as the weight of the battery would be in a perfect spot.
So my bat set up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 103
Nick, I Love this charger, Do you have any more info about it, Id love to make one like this. Well done.

Wow. Great increase in flight time when I changed over to the Multistar 6600 LiHV batteries. 29 minutes to 14%. I'll take it! That was with an X3 camera as I'm still waiting for my X5 to return to me, but my guess is that the X5 will be around 25 to 26 minutes. Again, I don't do any hover tests. I just go out and fly my normal way. The Multistars are a hair bigger than the Lectron 5400 Lipos I've been using. I'll have to weigh them both. No big deal to mount it up in the same way that I was doing before. Even better, they are only $60 each (leave the page open for a few minutes and the $60 deal comes up). Definitely a lot better than the $95 price I've been paying for the Lectron Lipos. I figure there are still better options out there to get more flight time, but I'm very impressed with the bang for the buck you get out of the 6600 LiHVs from Multistar.

In addition, it allowed me to try out the Turnegy Mega 1344W. This charger is surprisingly small. I was expecting something a lot bigger considering the amps and watts it can put out (assuming you have a power supply capable of maxing out this charger). It only has one output, but considering my main use for it will be the LiHVs for my Inspire, that's not a concern. I simply hooked up a parallel charging board to it and all was well. The charger can supposedly pump out 40 amp, but I don't have anything to test that on (or at least, I don't think I do). The Multistars did not come with a charging rate that they can handle so I only slightly went above 1C (around 15 amp) since both multistars in parallel would be 13200mah. The charger handled that with no problems at all and I didn't feel any heat buildup. Are the electronics in it the same as the Powerlab? Don't know, but I don't really care either if it can keep performing at this level. I'm getting both of my Multistars charged up in 1 hour or less and that is good enough for me. Of course if I get 2 more to plug into the parallel charging board, it will need to bump up to 30 amp or so. I'll see if the charger can handle that when the time comes. All in all, I'm super impressed considering this charger only costs $74! That is a steal considering there are not a ton of choices out there right now for an LiHV charger.

Here is my current charging setup. I built my own charger for the Inspire batteries. I use a 1000watt power supply and have made 3 charging bays although I do have room for a 4th. I'm sure one of these days I'll make one more bay, but considering I also connect my Turnegy LiHV charger to it as well, that's a lot of power output. Works out pretty well getting my Inspire batteries and LiHV batteries charging at the same time while only needing the one power supply to do both.

Do you have any concerns at stressing the worm drive/motors in raising the arms with the weight of the batteries?

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified
yes, you are absulotely right, there are some engineering connceconses , I'm not familiar with the landing gear jack bolt spec, but my poor logic thought say that there are some margins on the spec. With all the mod we are doing to our birds, we must be cearfull for the power plant and fuesladge , doing good inspection after eatch flight.
Eleminating the landing transforming system, will give us some more margins to increase flight time, without to match risks, in the ather hand will present anther issues concerning landing and traveling process .

Nick, I Love this charger, Do you have any more info about it, Id love to make one like this. Well done.
Granger, glad you liked it. Which part of the charger are you talking about? The LiHV charger from Turnigy or my custom built one to charge my Inspire batteries?

Do you have any concerns at stressing the worm drive/motors in raising the arms with the weight of the batteries?

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Interesting thought. I would think that because the batteries are mounted on the motor side of the hinges, any additional weight is not affecting the lg motor, gear, hinges, etc. However the same cannot be said about batteries mounted on/ under the body as the drone in flight / hover is "hung" by the motors and to lower the landing gear is to hoist the body up, including the additional weight of the body mounted battery(s). I wouldn't know if the mechanical advantage of the landing gear is sufficient to compensate for the added weight without over-stressing itself. It may very well be.

Interesting thought. I would think that because the batteries are mounted on the motor side of the hinges, any additional weight is not affecting the lg motor, gear, hinges, etc. However the same cannot be said about batteries mounted on/ under the body as the drone in flight / hover is "hung" by the motors and to lower the landing gear is to hoist the body up, including the additional weight of the body mounted battery(s). I wouldn't know if the mechanical advantage of the landing gear is sufficient to compensate for the added weight without over-stressing itself. It may very well be.

I have noticed that my Inspire wobbles back and forth when raising the landing gear. Not so much when lowering. I did figure it was due to the auxiliary battery. Funny, I haven't flown my Inspire with just the Inspire battery in a month or so. I'll have to see if the same thing happens without the auxiliary battery.

Granger, glad you liked it. Which part of the charger are you talking about? The LiHV charger from Turnigy or my custom built one to charge my Inspire batteries?

the inspire charger, can you walk me through your steps?

Reactions: DamesNY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP