Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, this is how I always envisioned the battery hack to look, however it is incredibly frustrating to not be able to read and understand the accompanying text, can someone please translate for those of us Chinese language challenged?

O1CN01aZRpno1fYHrspZrfB_!!82324018.jpg

Shop (link to the store) - mods

Chinese brothers suggested livehack how to make sure that the percentages and time on a double battery were shown correctly. You just need to solder to the current-measuring resistors are the same in the parallel (for example from above). The capacity will show the same, and the passing current is 2 times less, which we actually need
post-15368-0-93553000-1548053103_thumb.png

---- Information is relevant to for the drone Maviс 1-

Is it possible to use this information for the Inspire 1 battery livehack .

Was this information helpful?
I never saw wrong time prediction in DJIGO when using the AUX battery.
In my case DJIGO shows ~25 min when I plug the AUX batteries and the actual flight takes about 22 min to 8%. Also with TB48 only I see ~14 min predicted flight and the actual flight ends at 13min and 10% battery.
To me in both cases this is pretty acurate estimate.

Now, this is how I always envisioned the battery hack to look, however it is incredibly frustrating to not be able to read and understand the accompanying text, can someone please translate for those of us Chinese language challenged?
Google Chrome, right mouse button - translate ...

O1CN01aZRpno1fYHrspZrfB_!!82324018.jpg

Shop (link to the store) - mods

Chinese brothers suggested livehack how to make sure that the percentages and time on a double battery were shown correctly. You just need to solder to the current-measuring resistors are the same in the parallel (for example from above). The capacity will show the same, and the passing current is 2 times less, which we actually need
post-15368-0-93553000-1548053103_thumb.png

---- Information is relevant to for the drone Maviс 1-

Is it possible to use this information for the Inspire 1 battery livehack .

Was this information helpful?

thats what i did, got 30 minute flight with x3, problem, the firmware caught up to lipo, and shut battery down......so they must have figure out problem, or its why i cant buy one.....it dont work ??? i emailed the to take my money.....got no answer

Reactions: ACDS
Google Chrome, right mouse button - translate ...
you cant translate photos......and do you know how to buy anything.....none of the buttons work.....im like take my money......it dont work....

thats what i did, got 30 minute flight with x3
this is already a good duration, 60% longer than mine ..

do you know how to buy anything.....none of the buttons work.
Tao Bao is an internal store only for the Chinese, buying there is carried out either through intermediaries or through other resources that are partners to taobao.
You can do it yourself, but you need to register - and there are problems and pitfalls ... but possible.
Try asking Google a question in search of how to buy on taobao, there will probably be a lot of tips and answers. In any case, there are many answers on Russian sites.

Further testing on the new DIRECT TO BATTERY MOD......has to be tested, all is going good....
BUT one of the 3s batteries was getting hot when Inspire was just sitting "on" idle, so i
think instead of 2 x 3s lipos i can only use 1 6s lipo,IMG_0281.JPGIMG_0282.JPGIMG_0283.JPGIMG_0284.JPGIMG_0285.JPGIMG_0286.JPGIMG_0287.JPGIMG_0288.JPGIMG_0289.JPGIMG_0290.JPG

things that happened

1. one lipo got hot, other stayed cool, (so i think the tb47 was trying to charge the lipo)
2. with the AUX's lipos connected the cell voltage dropped ???? (in the app)
3. with no AUX lipos connected the cell voltage was higher????(in the app)

so i need to do more testing.......dont want drone crashing

Reactions: ACDS
WARNING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING
i have tested the direct to cell MOD, and for some reason unknown, it messes with the smart board, and also seems to drain the main battery, so it tried to land prematurely , luckily i have a modded bird, i can stop emergency landing......but i landed because of low voltage....BUT i disconnected AUX batteries, and continued to hoover at a FAKE 3% (in APP), for a bit longer to drain main tb47, and it flew for 12 more minutes......
so with aux batteries in that type of mod will
prematurely land your drone within 5 minutes

so back to drawing board.....

IMG_0293.JPGIMG_0294.JPGIMG_0295.JPGIMG_0296.JPGIMG_0297.JPG

Last edited:
So let me give you some simple insight.
It’s been quite some time since ive been on so take this with a grain of salt. Everyone is trying bolt on this, bolt on that.
The simple fact of the matter is, look at the FIRMWARE, and the INJECTED BATTERY PACKET. Those two items are all you need to futs with. Install PYTHON (it runs better on a macintosh), and you can decompile EVERYTHING, and recompile EVERYTHING. You can even BACKTRACE -R all the steps each and every process calls to, up and down the tree and ALTER THEM. We had 2-6,600’s on the i1’s (no pos deejayhigh battery) with complete custom firmware we wrote and at that point, the motors were cooking when a camera was attached. We moved on. This isn’t to discourage anyone from doing what they like but look at the load handling capabilities of the esc and motor, then work backwards of what the total AUW would be with your attached power sources and components will be.
Just two pennies, carry on : )
I’m old, don’t pay me any mind.

So is there a method to this battery mod that actually works and isn’t going to harm the drone or cause problems?

WARNING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING
i have tested the direct to cell MOD, and for some reason unknown, it messes with the smart board, and also seems to drain the main battery, so it tried to land prematurely , luckily i have a modded bird, i can stop emergency landing......but i landed because of low voltage....BUT i disconnected AUX batteries, and continued to hoover at a FAKE 3% (in APP), for a bit longer to drain main tb47, and it flew for 12 more minutes......
so with aux batteries in that type of mod will
prematurely land your drone within 5 minutes

so back to drawing board.....

View attachment 24187View attachment 24188View attachment 24189View attachment 24190View attachment 24191
Can we dispense with the rediculously large font please?
It is against our posting standards/rules.
Thank You

Reactions: vertrider1
im sorry....wanted to make sure no one trys that mod......and yes i did not read the rules, but i know now

Reactions: The Editor
I won’t do the direct mod but I will work with a clip and aux batts. I read that a multistar 6s 5200 gives 27 mins. Anyone else try this?

Is there a way i can use a compact 6 cell normal lipo on the inspire 1 ?
I mean it's just power, why does it have to be so hard, i'm perfectly fine with timing the flight or add a low cell battery warning.

Why ? Because 2 of my inspire 1 batteries drained itself to smithereens, one bloated the other semi bloated, i now only have one battery left, who knows what problems awaits me with it in the near future.

I opened up the semi bloated one, disconnected all the electronics, charged the inspire battery to 80% capacity, reconnected the balancing board with all its plugs, but it seems the board does now not recognize the battery, first i got all lights blinking, then fiddling with plugging in and out the connector, 2 bars of lights when on, stayed on, after yet again disconnecting and connecting the balance port, one cell constantly flashed twice per second..then yet again fiddling, i get the 2 lights staying on while charging, after 15 minutes the battery just switched off.

I'm really worked over with these batteries giving endless problems, i just want to plug in a simple 6 cell battery with lipo alarm and be done with.

Is there still no solution to bypass the electronics after all these years ?

Reactions: oldcomputech
C'mon who is shoving out the crazy money for new inspire batteries ? heck a couple of inspire batteries cost more than what the drone is worth today !

There must be an easy way? why not just fool the bird into thinking it has full power, surely someone must know how to do this.

No worries i found a working solution at a better site, looks like people here are behind the times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa