Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what is the end of the story? thunder power are the ones to get? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Richard's 2800's to test and I'd like to see a 10% end at 30 min yet, but closing in.

This is all for the X3. I'll need to find the sweet spot for the X5R as well.

Reactions: Vincentlub
Ok I've tested full main battery shutdown while in flight with the aux batteries attached with the battery mod and as expected the Inspire keeps on flying albeit with a battery error on app. I had full control of the aircraft even though the main TB48 was OFF.

Loving my battery mod. Especially with reports of Inspires dropping from the sky due to battery failure and my very expensive X5R on preorder!

Bring on the DJI battery failures. I'm ready!
A very brave test but interesting result and glad it went well :)

Your wired into the craft I assume so independent of the battery all together.

Cool. You have a few options in terms of battery selection. Unfortunately they only offer 3500, 4500, 7000 and 9000 versions (3S and 6S are available of each though). You need their selectable proprietary charger to charge up to 4.35V/cell.

Weight is the key element to watch when selecting the battery.

I think one promising looking option but a tad on the heavy side is the single 7000 6S @ 797g:

Thunder Power RC TP7000-6SHV

Another option is a single 4500 6S. The 3S's can be used when wired in parallel but they are heavier than a single battery.

Here is the needed charger:

TP820HVC

I have two of their regular 25C 2700 6S's on the way and in hopeful they may get me closer as well.
Hi Damon, hope you resist well the storm.
Congrdulation for you test results.
Now I have to order the 2700's with the right recharger , I didn't get the support bracket yet, witch wairing do I need to make the mod I parallel ? And if you can send me a schematic of connection to the TB, sorry but I don't know how to make the connection of two bat to one in parallel.
Again thank you so much.

Hi Damon, hope you resist well the storm.
Congrdulation for you test results.
Now I have to order the 2700's with the right recharger , I didn't get the support bracket yet, witch wairing do I need to make the mod I parallel ? And if you can send me a schematic of connection to the TB, sorry but I don't know how to make the connection of two bat to one in parallel.
Again thank you so much.

Here are the mod instructions

Dropbox - Battery Mod DJI inspire.pdf

Get yourself any regular LiPo charger and power supply. Hobby King has them.

And two Thunder Power 2700 6S batteries would be my recommendation at this point but they aren't cheap. When you order (or after) call and ask them to put XT60 connectors on for you.

If more budget minded or safety backup/redundancy is your goal vs max flight time, go for 2 Nanotech 1300 6S's. If recommend getting XT60 connectors as its most common as holds together pretty well.

Then get the mount from Neil depending on your version (X3 or X5).

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Heipro and DamesNY
Here are the mod instructions

Dropbox - Battery Mod DJI inspire.pdf

Get yourself any regular LiPo charger and power supply. Hobby King has them.

And two Thunder Power 2700 6S batteries would be my recommendation at this point but they aren't cheap. When you order (or after) call and ask them to put XT60 connectors on for you.

If more budget minded or safety backup/redundancy is your goal vs max flight time, go for 2 Nanotech 1300 6S's. If recommend getting XT60 connectors as its most common as holds together pretty well.

Then get the mount from Neil depending on your version (X3 or X5).

Hope that helps.
Thank you, i'll stay with the 2700's inspaite the high price and specilly because of the "C" value.
To make it cleare, it's hard to understand from the link, how to make the right connection and how to use the XT60.
Thank's for your pantion

damon

i see you have ordered the x5r
as there is extra components at the back of the x5 to hold the hard drive are you sure neils brackets will fit as the x5r has two clip on to the back off the vibration plate
to secure it ?

damon

i see you have ordered the x5r
as there is extra components at the back of the x5 to hold the hard drive are you sure neils brackets will fit as the x5r has two clip on to the back off the vibration plate
to secure it ?

Yes, Neil's X5 bracket will work with the X5R. At least we believe it will, as best we could ascertain from close examination of the available photos.

Thank you, i'll stay with the 2700's inspaite the high price and specilly because of the "C" value.
To make it cleare, it's hard to understand from the link, how to make the right connection and how to use the XT60.
Thank's for your pantion

So the soldering on the battery connects the + and - wires to connectors of your choice (I use XT60) out side the main battery.

Then the extra LiPo's connect to the connectors coming from the DJI battery you added. Hope that helps.

Ask away, we're friendlies here :)

12620683_10153470915288074_316488401_o.jpg

I would like your help and I will give a brief account of my operation. I use the Inspire with X3 to make ortophotos, and recently put a new camera Sony A6000 with 545 grams in the Inspire axis, and my TB48 batteries with FW 1.6 has shown a yield of flight 9-10min, however the issue of temperature battery rose to 157F at the end of the operation and the engines also showed a noticeable rise in temperature.

When installing an extra battery as seen in some posts above, would address the issue of time for a 18min operation, but there was one doubts about the capacity of the Inspire, it would be able to withstand this extra load of camera plus extra batteries, what would you recommend me in this case.

Battery temp will be much lower. Up to 1kg payload no problem. More and it gets a bit unstable. Dont know if you can make 18 mins but 15 should be doable, maybe more, depends on battery, weather etc

I would like your help and I will give a brief account of my operation. I use the Inspire with X3 to make ortophotos, and recently put a new camera Sony A6000 with 545 grams in the Inspire axis, and my TB48 batteries with FW 1.6 has shown a yield of flight 9-10min, however the issue of temperature battery rose to 157F at the end of the operation and the engines also showed a noticeable rise in temperature.

When installing an extra battery as seen in some posts above, would address the issue of time for a 18min operation, but there was one doubts about the capacity of the Inspire, it would be able to withstand this extra load of camera plus extra batteries, what would you recommend me in this case.

70C. That's a dangerous battery temp. Anything above 50C is sketchy territory and you could experience degraded flight performance (FW 1.6) or even an LVC event (translation - your aircraft falls from the sky).

External batteries can help in both cases, as they lighten the load on the main battery - up to the point the external batteries are depleted - and can protect against main battery failure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milton
70C. That's a dangerous battery temp. Anything above 50C is sketchy territory and you could experience degraded flight performance (FW 1.6) or even an LVC event (translation - your aircraft falls from the sky).

External batteries can help in both cases, as they lighten the load on the main battery - up to the point the external batteries are depleted - and can protect against main battery failure.

Ok I researched the internet and found some models of batteries that possess temperature between 30-95C for the weight of the camera with 545 grams which type of battery mah I can use to match the TB48.

Hey damon, I haven't read the full thread, but I look back at your 30 minute picture. It says 97% does the Inspire know when to return to home/land due to low battery? How does it know the capacity?

Other than the battery mod, do you have to do something with the inspire? how do you mount the plate to the inspire?

Also how does it handle with the big *** batteries flying wise.

Thanks man - congrats on your 30 mins!

I just attached a single 3700mah Aux Battery to the bottom, with one lead to my Inspire battery, got around 25 minutes with X3, but tested my battery EOS Sentry 3 and said it still had 30% left. Has anyone tried connecting the negative lead in the battery before the circuit board? Has anyone successfully drained a single battery setup uniformly?

Attachments

• 20160126_191947.jpg
    20160126_191947.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 87
  • 20160129_123513.jpg
    20160129_123513.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20160129_123519.jpg
    20160129_123519.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 84
  • 20160129_123523.jpg
    20160129_123523.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I just attached a single 37000mah Aux Battery to the bottom, with one lead to my Inspire battery, got around 25 minutes with X3, but tested my battery EOS Sentry 3 and said it still had 30% left. Has anyone tried connecting the negative lead in the battery before the circuit board? Has anyone successfully drained a single battery setup uniformly?
When I charged it 2751mah was put in, I have a Polaroid EX charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamarisCia