Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery rotation

Reaction score
Hello from a new M600 Pro pilot.

Bought a low hour M600 Pro and the previous owner commented about putting the same batteries back in the same slot on the M600. Seems I read somewhere else about rotating them around.

Don't think I have any questions around general battery maintenance, but would appreciate guidance on what's the best practice, same battery, same slot or rotate the batteries around?

Thanks
Charlie

Thanks for the reply. I can appreciate it's not stated in the manual, I was looking for any guidance from folks actually using them, real world, if there's any need to monitor/manage slot usage. Two different sources thought it important enough to state a specific opinion, unfortunately they were opposite. :) I don't want to create a task where there's no reason to.

Charlie

I fly the M600 Pro for our company and have not had any issues with the batteries not going in the same slot each time. You do not however want to mix TB 47 and TB 48 batteries.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have the same question for I2.

I just realize that the way I label the batteries, the pair are always inserted into the AC the same way every time. Should I alternate between the left / right slots?

Reactions: Gary Baum
I assume DJI gives you battery labels - which include numbers - for a reason.

I agree, but that reason doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. Same slot or rotation?

From a strictly hardware/electrical perspective, I honestly don't see why it would matter one way or the other. But there are other reasons for slot/battery consistency. Keeping the batteries organized with numbers, and then using the same slot would do nothing more than help with troubleshooting and/or keeping logs and/or staying organized. For example, should something go wrong with slot 4, at least you know battery #4 is in slot 4, so you can switch out batteries and slots to isolate the issue in the field without a lot of fuss. Or if you see undue wear on slot #3, you know that you've been consistently using battery #3, so you can, once again, find the culprit.

Reactions: niki
Another good reason for keeping the same batteries in the same slot is flight logs. We use Airdata and have labeled our batteries A1,A2.....A6. The battery in the slot 1 is the battery that is used in the log data for battery serial number. Airdata pull information directly from the DJI flight logs so if you want your logs to show the correct number of cycles on the A set then it’s useful to always slot them in the same position or at least the number 1 battery to slot one.

We use it to carry a LiDAR system

Me and my business partner flew our first LIDAR mission today...well....MY first LIDAR mission. He's been using ground-based and vehicle-based LIDAR for a while. He/we tried to fly the LIDAR with an S1000...ugh...I hated that thing.

I believe it may have been my very strong recommendation that nudged my partner toward the M600 Pro. Best move we ever made. That baby flew solid as a rock. Everything went smooth as glass. Looking forward to more of these kind of jobs.

I just scored TWO sets of gently used TB47s batteries for $1,000...PLUS a hex charger for me for $100. Talk about a sweet score...

D

Can not think of any reason for that other than keeping organized like what was mentioned above. But will check around the office to see if this is a practice of any of the other pilots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop