Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buying an used Inspire 1 V1

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been flying smaller drones for about a year now and I'd love to move up a little bit and buy a DJI drone. I wanted to buy the P3P or P4 because it's cheaper, but then my friend told me that his father owns the I1 V1 and wants to upgrade to the I2. He says that they bought it when it was released and since that it crashed once. They bought some new parts and repaired it. But I don't know. We were discussing about a price around €800 which is I think pretty good price for the Inspire 1 drone.

Do you think I should buy it? It's my dream to be part of the Inspire family, but I guess it's got a few years so ecerything can go erong and I don't know if it's worth to buy it used.

Do you have a list of what is included with the Inspire 1 for that price (which camera, batteries and their condition, 1 or 2 remote controllers, case, etc)? I would also inquire a little more about what parts had to be changed due to the crash. Have they been flying it for a while since the crash without issues?

Do you have a list of what is included with the Inspire 1 for that price (which camera, batteries and their condition, 1 or 2 remote controllers, case, etc)? I would also inquire a little more about what parts had to be changed due to the crash. Have they been flying it for a while since the crash without issues?

From what I've seen there are 2 batteries, 2 controllers and a case, X3 camera. I don't know about the condition of the batteries. My friend claims that it fell down on a field to grass or something and that it wasn't that hard landing. I think they've just had to change up some propellers and add a little bit of oil to motors and it works as new, he claims. It's just in stage of discussing, it's not even certain that they will sell it to me for that price. But I can ask them some more information about it.

I'm not sure how it works with drones - if they just stop working after certain time or if it's going to fly until somebody crashes it into a wall That's what I'm not sure about... If it's worth more to buy the Phantom and use it 2 years or buy that Inspire 1 and maybe it will break after 2 weeks. That'd be a waste of money.

That is an excellent price for that kit. If it is in good flying condition, I'd go for it.
The I1 is no more difficult to fly than a Phantom. You'll get much better videos and stills from it than a Phantom.

From what I've seen there are 2 batteries, 2 controllers and a case, X3 camera. I don't know about the condition of the batteries. My friend claims that it fell down on a field to grass or something and that it wasn't that hard landing. I think they've just had to change up some propellers and add a little bit of oil to motors and it works as new, he claims. It's just in stage of discussing, it's not even certain that they will sell it to me for that price. But I can ask them some more information about it.

I'm not sure how it works with drones - if they just stop working after certain time or if it's going to fly until somebody crashes it into a wall That's what I'm not sure about... If it's worth more to buy the Phantom and use it 2 years or buy that Inspire 1 and maybe it will break after 2 weeks. That'd be a waste of money.

"add a little bit of oil to motors" That would concern me, where is the dip stick :)

"add a little bit of oil to motors" That would concern me, where is the dip stick :)

I'm not sure if I know exactly what you meant by that (English is not my main language), but yes, it makes me worried as well. That means the motors could take some damage, but I'll see. To ensure myself about these things I'll have to ask the seller directly, 'cause he'll know the best what was wrong.

I'm not sure if I know exactly what you meant by that (English is not my main language), but yes, it makes me worried as well. That means the motors could take some damage, but I'll see. To ensure myself about these things I'll have to ask the seller directly, 'cause he'll know the best what was wrong.

Sorry, my comment about the dipstick was a joke. But I am not sure what they meant when they added oil to the motors. My guess is that the motors may of turned a little rough after the crash so they added oil to the bearings to cure that?? That would not be a good fix.

Right below the flux capacitor!!
Seriously, spin the motors quickly by hand and listen to them. Should all make the same whirring sound.
Fly before you buy!!

Reactions: SanCap
Right below the flux capacitor!!
Seriously, spin the motors quickly by hand and listen to them. Should all make the same whirring sound.
Fly before you buy!!

Yeah I'll do! And that thing with the oil was maybe just a methaphor for repairing to make it seem funnier. I'll ask the seller about it

Yeah I'll do! And that thing with the oil was maybe just a methaphor for repairing to make it seem funnier. I'll ask the seller about it
The upper and lower motor bearings on all our drones need to be re-lubricated with a light 100% synthetic oil every 10 to 20 hours of flight. T-Motor recommends that the bearings be REPLACED after 60 hours of flight, (and they use the very high quality EZO bearings.)

We do not have sealed bearings on our DJI birds, but only (dust) shielded bearings. The factory lubricant is quickly evaporated away.
Jim B

The upper and lower motor bearings on all our drones need to be re-lubricated with a light 100% synthetic oil every 10 to 20 hours of flight. T-Motor recommends that the bearings be REPLACED after 60 hours of flight, (and they use the very high quality EZO bearings.)

We do not have sealed bearings on our DJI birds, but only (dust) shielded bearings. The factory lubricant is quickly evaporated away.
Jim B

I have an inspire1 with case 3batteries 2-47 1-48all new 10 hrs flying time, shoulder straps, controller shield for bright light works like a top, extra filter would sell for 2200.00 canadian

I have a inspire 1 just two months old upgrad to the 2 . My 1 has two batteries and less than 12 flights mint cond NEW 1000.00 have 2500 into it 425 5957867

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6