Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't enter travel mode on newest firmware

Reaction score
Website
www.wheelsee.net
Well this is a new one. With the newest firmware I'm now completely unable to enter Travel Mode.

Have tried powering on/off. Swapping Batteries. Changing surfaces. Through the app. Thought the up/down 4x command.

Nothing.

It will raise the landing gear as if it's flying or lower the landing gear.

Same thing happened to me after firmware update. Initially, it would not go into travel mode. Then, it went into gear down mode with purple led indicating travel mode. I powered down the craft and RC and kept trying. It took a few times of powering on and off and trying to put it into travel mode but it finally went and has been perfect since.

Well this is a new one. With the newest firmware I'm now completely unable to enter Travel Mode.

Have tried powering on/off. Swapping Batteries. Changing surfaces. Through the app. Thought the up/down 4x command.

Nothing.

It will raise the landing gear as if it's flying or lower the landing gear.
This question has been asked (and answered) several times for the new FW (1.3.0.0). Please use search before opening a new thread. Go to http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/cannot-get-inspire-1-into-travel-mode.4775/

Hi. Thanks for your insightful reply. I read that post and have tried everything mentioned there. Please use your reading skills before coming in and posting something not helpful.

There is obviously a problem with the new firmware.
There are too many threads being opened on the same subject. If your answer was not there then add to that post and not clutter the forum. This will help other users not just you.

There are too many threads being opened on the same subject. If your answer was not there then add to that post and not clutter the forum. This will help other users not just you.

Hello again! That thread was answered for his problem and then went off topic. Before we go much further do you have any helpful comments or are you here to just add clutter? If you don't have anything helpful about the issue don't add to the "clutter", by replying and you can move along and go about your business.

If it is in gear down mode try turning it on and pick it up until the gear raises. I can't remember specifically what I did, I was a little freaked out about it but eventually it worked and has worked since.

Hello again! That thread was answered for his problem and then went off topic. Before we go much further do you have any helpful comments or are you here to just add clutter? If you don't have anything helpful about the issue don't add to the "clutter", by replying and you can move along and go about your business.
Scotflieger is right, continuing in the original post is the right way. You would have exposure to others who posted in that thread and are there for you too...if you are nice and don't piss the helpful ones off. You are unnecessarily aggressive here, the clutter is sourced at your end. It's a wonder our friendly Editor moderator hasn't locked this one...

Reactions: Scotflieger
Scotflieger is right, continuing in the original post is the right way. You would have exposure to others who posted in that thread and are there for you too...if you are nice and don't piss the helpful ones off. You are unnecessarily aggressive here, the clutter is sourced at your end. It's a wonder our friendly Editor moderator hasn't locked this one...

In reading the aforementioned post a second time around, it's actually not even the same issue.

The linked thread deals with an Inspire that is being stopped by carpet or other surface.

If you and scotflieger read my post, my Inspire is having a completely different issue. My inspire acts like it is flying in the air and is retracting its landing gear.

I'm not being aggressive, he decided to chime in and talk down to me and chide me about the search thread. I've reported his message to the admins.

In reading the aforementioned post a second time around, it's actually not even the same issue.

The linked thread deals with an Inspire that is being stopped by carpet or other surface.

If you and scotflieger read my post, my Inspire is having a completely different issue. My inspire acts like it is flying in the air and is retracting its landing gear.

I'm not being aggressive, he decided to chime in and talk down to me and chide me about the search thread. I've reported his message to the admins.

Geeez..You are both RIGHT and Wrong here.. People are getting uptight about posts, and problematic updated issues. First off, being pissed off and posting don't mix either way.. To answer your question and to keep this post going, YES this post is LEGIT as I had the same problem also, and a few firmwares ago..

What he means is that when going from "Landing Mode" to "Transport Mode" it goes through the complete cycle and cycles right to Flying Mode pushing the belly right into the ground/case/tauneu cover and flops to the side.. Just happened to me lastnight.. This isn't the first time this happened to me and I'm sure it would/will not be the last.. Just fixing another IMU issue, and then this happens.. For the most part, patience, conversing and collaborating the issues will help identify and hopefully resolve the issues..
[emoji6]

Reactions: wheelsee
I'm not sure if the other thread is the same issue as this but I do know that I have used the same hardwood surface since I bought the I1 without any problems. The first time I tried to put it in travel mode, in exactly the same spot after the firmware update, it didn't work.

Geeez..You are both RIGHT and Wrong here.. People are getting uptight about posts, and problematic updated issues. First off, being pissed off and posting don't mix either way.. To answer your question and to keep this post going, YES this post is LEGIT as I had the same problem also, and a few firmwares ago..

What he means is that when going from "Landing Mode" to "Transport Mode" it goes through the complete cycle and cycles right to Flying Mode pushing the belly right into the ground/case/tauneu cover and flops to the side.. Just happened to me lastnight.. This isn't the first time this happened to me and I'm sure it would/will not be the last.. Just fixing another IMU issue, and then this happens.. For the most part, patience, conversing and collaborating the issues will help identify and hopefully resolve the issues..
[emoji6]

Thanks PB30X! This is exactly the issue.

Thanks PB30X! This is exactly the issue.

db824ab886921d0d5e9e4d8a04aee422.jpg

By chance did you toggle any switches before connecting to AC? This I do remember doing and very well may be the leading cause.. Only speculation as I don't know for sure but had in mind to eliminate the self adaptive landing gear and toggled it off.. Then decided to toggle it back on.. This was all preflight connection.. Again, speculation but beginning to think the APP has something to do with that.. They had toggle switch problems before[emoji6]! Best Practice, If it ain't broke don't fix it lol.. Shall see later as I'm more concerned with my Compass/IMU drift[emoji15]! Hopefully this has been fixed via RECALIBRATED[emoji6].. AND TO HELP, To fix the landing gear I naturally held the unit in the air (careful where you hold) and hit the landing gear 4x to go back to landing.. Then proceeded to do the normal travel mode 4x while on the back of my truck and presto.. Didn't have a problem since.. Again think it's an APP glitch.. I was never one for using the app for taking off, landing, or travel mode so this is new to me when they implemented the gimbal removal[emoji6]!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
db824ab886921d0d5e9e4d8a04aee422.jpg

By chance did you toggle any switches before connecting to AC? This I do remember doing and very well may be the leading cause.. Only speculation as I don't know for sure but had in mind to eliminate the self adaptive landing gear and toggled it off.. Then decided to toggle it back on.. This was all preflight connection.. Again, speculation but beginning to think the APP has something to do with that.. They had toggle switch problems before[emoji6]! Best Practice, If it ain't broke don't fix it lol.. Shall see later as I'm more concerned with my Compass/IMU drift[emoji15]! Hopefully this has been fixed via RECALIBRATED[emoji6].. AND TO HELP, To fix the landing gear I naturally held the unit in the air (careful where you hold) and hit the landing gear 4x to go back to landing.. Then proceeded to do the normal travel mode 4x while on the back of my truck and presto.. Didn't have a problem since.. Again think it's an APP glitch.. I was never one for using the app for taking off, landing, or travel mode so this is new to me when they implemented the gimbal removal[emoji6]!

I had been flying with the self adaptive gear toggled off for a few flights as we were doing some low flying shots. Then I took off toggled it back on and now i haven't been able to get form Landing mode to travel mode.

Question what does your status screen show when the gimbal is not attached?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips