Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Case handle fix

Reaction score
So my carrying handle broke as well and needed something before I leave town tomorrow with the I1.

Reusing the stock backing plate with leather strap and riveted it together, now it's strong and comfortable carrying it ;)

Will be getting the inside of the case lined with kevlar so it can be checked luggage.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 90
If someone has a 3d file for the bits that break I will print a few up for forum members.

But seriously, the case from DJI is a cheap one................. You're problem is not the first where it happens.

The other big problem I have with the case is the cheap material inside. Every time that I close the case and open it again, I 'll found little pieces of the inlay. They are so small that it could stuck in the motors. A little plastic cap over the motor would help.

I have found that the velcro straps for the props came off on the first day, I stapled them back on, and later found a staple inside my motor, luckily I check things before flight

Just finishing up a "heavy duty" handle replacement for the case. I'll get it on eBay soon. It'll be available in several accent colors (Black, Coral Red, Orange, White, Blue, Android Green or Yellow). Takes a long time to print (12+ hours for all 7 parts) so I'm trying to build a little inventory before I make it available.

YellowHandle1.jpg

YellowHandle2.jpg

I like the 3D printed handle, looks pretty killer but honestly, I'd prefer the aluminum ones that Brandon_specialties posted above. They're made of aircraft grade aluminum... better than any plastic by far. I'm picking up a pair of those today as mine just broke on Monday... o_O

Reactions: davidbarwin
I like the 3D printed handle, looks pretty killer but honestly, I'd prefer the aluminum ones that Brandon_specialties posted above. They're made of aircraft grade aluminum... better than any plastic by far. I'm picking up a pair of those today as mine just broke on Monday... o_O
I don't see a handle for the $40....just anchors. And by the way....... my $10 anchors and the $32 complete replacement handle are lifetime warranty as well. You break them and we replace them FREE.

Handle Anchors Full Replacement HeavyDuty Handle

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters