Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Caution.............

It is nothing to do with the transmitter. It is a Flight Controller command that must see 100% full throw on four axis from the receiver in order to arm/disarm the esc's.
It would be exactly the same if you connected a Futaba 18MZ I'm afraid.
Funny you say that - owning a 18mz myself I could easily program a flight condition that has ATVs/limits set that wouldn't trigger CSC so I would be safe and assign a mix to a switch to trigger CSC when I need it ... surely I would lose a minor input capability but you could avoid triggering CSC by accident ...

Last edited:
Funny you say that - owning a 18mz myself I could easily program a flight condition that has ATVs/limits set that wouldn't trigger CSC so I would be safe and assign a mix to a switch to trigger CSC when I need it ... surely I would lose a minor input capability but you could avoid triggering CSC by accident ...
In that case you would also need to flip the switch again to start the motors since the receiver must see 100% stick input to arm/disarm the esc's. Yes, you are correct in that you could limit the throw of say one axis to maybe 95% but (as you point out) you would lose full stick throw on that particular axis in order to prevent a CSC taking place.

In that case you would also need to flip the switch again to start the motors since the receiver must see 100% stick input to arm/disarm the esc's. Yes, you are correct in that you could limit the throw of say one axis to maybe 95% but (as you point out) you would lose full stick throw on that particular axis in order to prevent a CSC taking place.
thats exactly what I meant ...

condition 1 - ATVs allow CSC and Switch has a mix to perform CSC
condition 2 - ATVs dont allow CSC and Switch has a mix to perform CSC - travel is limited though

alternatively you could just limited one gimbal eg. the cyclic so you would have a consistent limitation on one gimbal only - with a switch to allow full travel when needed and/or a second switch to enable a mix to allow/perform it ...

similar options could surely be programmed into the Inspire tramsmitter like:
sequence input C1 (pressed) followed by C2 (pressed) for 2 seconds rate combined C1+C2 equals = enable/disable CSC override ... or a software switch to allow this in advance mode ...

I am sure that this could be achieved somehow and still would comply with regulations as the option still exists - just a thought

Last edited:
thats exactly what I meant ...

condition 1 - ATVs allow CSC and Switch has a mix to perform CSC
condition 2 - ATVs dont allow CSC and Switch has a mix to perform CSC - travel is limited though

alternatively you could just limited one gimbal eg. the cyclic so you would have a consistent limitation on one gimbal only - with a switch to allow full travel when needed and/or a second switch to enable a mix to allow/perform it ...

similar options could surely be programmed into the Inspire tramsmitter like:
sequence input C1 (pressed) followed by C2 (pressed) for 2 seconds rate combined C1+C2 equals = enable/disable CSC override ... or a software switch to allow this in advance mode ...

I am sure that this could be achieved somehow and still would comply with regulations as the option still exists - just a thought

You would much rather do all of that and lose functionality instead of just accepting the fact that the CSC stick input wouldn't be required at any time during a normal flight?

Seems like overkill if you ask me.

You would much rather do all of that and lose functionality instead of just accepting the fact that the CSC stick input wouldn't be required at any time during a normal flight?

Seems like overkill if you ask me.

if its not required I wonder why people still have the issue of it happening ...

I'm not asking whats considered normal flight I say its not possible to configure it - and I am sure you could come up with a shot you cant do due to this

if its not required I wonder why people still have the issue of it happening ...

I'm not asking whats considered normal flight I say its not possible to configure it - and I am sure you could come up with a shot you cant do due to this

There would be no shot I would ever need to do that has 100% stick movement in the combination that executes CSC. Ever.

The people who are having this happen to them are not doing this to get a shot, or even during normal maneuvering. They are doing to because they want to see what happens, or panic when they lose control of the aircraft.

The emergency shut off is there for a reason. No matter how you try to justify it, it isn't hindering normal operation of the aircraft.

There would be no shot I would ever need to do that has 100% stick movement in the combination that executes CSC. Ever.

The people who are having this happen to them are not doing this to get a shot, or even during normal maneuvering. They are doing to because they want to see what happens, or panic when they lose control of the aircraft.

The emergency shut off is there for a reason. No matter how you try to justify it, it isn't hindering normal operation of the aircraft.
I agree. The people who this is happening to are not attempting cinematic shots, they are either flying the Inspire like a sports quad (which it isn't and was never designed to be) and going "weeeee.....wooooosh.....wow look how fast it goes"
Or they are not cognisant of their stick inputs in any way and when they lose orientation because they have pushed their operational limits too far and lost SA they operate the sticks like they are switches and go full throw in all directions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk