Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Cinemizer OLED

I am using the Moverio with a Vision+ today and they can not compared to Fatshark FPV goggles for example. What I like about the Moverio is that I can see both, the view "through" the camera of the copter AND the copter itself in flight. That makes FPV flying much safer and is very effective for setting up shots when you fly the rig. By focusing your eyes in the distance you see the copter, when focusing on the image of the DJI Vision APP you have FPV so to speak. Very effective.

But back to this topic - I can not get a reliable statement of the Inspire 1 will be supporting the Moverio, which runs Android. ... The question is can it be connected to the Remote Control on the lightbridge ports ? Any Inspire owners out there who have a moverio ?

Hello Oneil Nicholas, how do you like your Oculus Rift DK2 ?

I has a pear of Epson BT200 but sent it back. But the display was crisp!

Tell me more if you can on your experience with the DK2 if you can, Pro's Cons?

Most appreciated.

I assume you mean me.
You can't use the rift with the Inspire. Inspire can't format the video correctly for it.
I use the rift with my phantom but I have to have a laptop with me to do the video transformation. I have a video capture card and a program that does the image map, then the laptop send the image to the rift.
It's awesome with its massive fov.

Samsung gear be should work though, I hear the s6 will have vr support too which could be interesting and you should be able to move the camera with your head if dji pull their fingers out

Samsung Gear won't work either as - like the rift - if needs the image to be formatted for the lenses correctly. If you try and view a raw video stream with either, each eye will only see half of an image and it will be stretched. Impossible to use.

Trust me, this is how it works with Oculus powered devices.

I have the Moverio glasses and I can confirm that the Dji Pilot app wont run on the glasses :(

You can download the app but when you go to install it it comes up with a 'Parsing' error. I don't know if anybody else has managed to get any further than that.

Tried installing Lightbridge app on Moverio but that doesn't work either as it says incompatible.

Really hoping this would work. Looks like I have to stick to the Cinemiser OLED glasses.

I have the Moverio glasses and I can confirm that the Dji Pilot app wont run on the glasses :(

You can download the app but when you go to install it it comes up with a 'Parsing' error. I don't know if anybody else has managed to get any further than that.

Tried installing Lightbridge app on Moverio but that doesn't work either as it says incompatible.

Really hoping this would work. Looks like I have to stick to the Cinemiser OLED glasses.

Hi mohan..I see you have three different types of glasses and quadcopters. .I your opinion which glasses do you prefer for the phantom 2 vision plus and which do you prefer for the inspire 1? ? Which glasses would you purchase for both quadcopters? ? If that makes any sense? ?

Well the way I work it is that I use the Moverio for the Phantom 2 vision + as it works well with it. I don't always enjoy the FPV experience as I feel nervous about not having Line of sight. However once the UAV is over a mile away I can only rely on the screen anyway.

For the Inspire I haven't flown it that much to say if the Carl Zeiss is a complete replacement. I suspect it would be best for the second camera operator to wear the goggles as they will have a good view of what they are filming while controlling the joysticks on the controller to point the camera.

Hi mohan..I see you have three different types of glasses and quadcopters. .I your opinion which glasses do you prefer for the phantom 2 vision plus and which do you prefer for the inspire 1? ? Which glasses would you purchase for both quadcopters? ? If that makes any sense? ?

Got the sun shades for the cinemizer and hooked it up to my Phoenix simulator in fpv mode. Was awesome. What a difference the sunshades made. Still waiting for my inspire to get across the Canadian border.

I have been using my cinemizers with my phantoms for some time now. Always been very happy with them. As I mentioned last time this was brought up, the cinemizers have a head tracker so it will only be a matter of time before someone makes these two work together so we can control the camera with the head tracker.
How do you do when you are using the app and you for example need to press any button in the app? You need to take em off out your app screen and then put them on again?

This is why I would not use the Cinemiser as the primary monitor. I don't yet have the confidence to fly entirely FPV. The second camera operator doesn't really need to have the app as they can control the camera with the remote (activating shutter, panning etc)

i am going to check out the sony HMZ-T3, it has hdmi input and 1280*720 display OLED, 720inch screen visual effect. 3 hour battery pack.

720 inches at 20 meters for those Sonys. I calculate that to be approximately a 50 degree FOV. Not particularly big but much bigger than the Cinemisers for sure.

I went to sony store and tested the hmz t3. It was light and has hdmi input. Together with a 3hour battery pack. The picture was crisp but the size was not as impressive as i was expecting. It claims 720inch screen but it was to me like small screen in front of my eyes. I didn't get it at the end. It was about usd1000, maybe I'll wait for something bigger.

How do you do when you are using the app and you for example need to press any button in the app? You need to take em off out your app screen and then put them on again?
You pretty much do not. I pull em up an inch on my forehead to see the screen. I only use FPV when I am out having fun and playing around. When filming, I like to be able to look up and see my UAV since I tend to get close to stuff and I do a lot of "adventurous" flying. My co-pilot loves to wear them. She never wants anything else.

would u guys recommend the zeiss with a iphone to controll settings for the 2nd controller or just an ipad air 2?

Go with an ipad Air 2. They're the real deal. Plus they're recommended above all other tablets by Dji tech support.
Or, you could go with an Nvidia Sheild with Zeiss Cinemizers and connect the goggles to the hdmi out of the Nvidia Sheild and this way you'll see the pilot app in it's entirety.
I don't have a second controller but I will be connecting these to the RC's HDMI output when they're released ~

http://www.headplay.com/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell