Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crazy yet focused

Reaction score
Upon liftoff, I take it up about 6 feet and let it hover. The firmware is up to date in everything, gps, IMU, rc, gimbal all calibrated, batteries charged, environment is ideal, no wind, 72 degrees, open area, no metal nearby, no radio towers, it has 17 satellites, its in gps mode F, props are DJI and balanced, and it's never been crashed. The only thing I'm missing is a priest. So 2 seconds into hovering, the camera gets fixed perfectly in one direction, but the bird is spinning, drifting and generally losing its mind. The motors rev. It spins left then right, goes a few feet up, down and everywhere else. Exorcism is all I can think of. I'm by no means an expert, so I'm lost.

Mine did something similar. 400 flights without other issues. .??? Hovered since for a whole battery with no issues.

Upon liftoff, I take it up about 6 feet and let it hover. The firmware is up to date in everything, gps, IMU, rc, gimbal all calibrated, batteries charged, environment is ideal, no wind, 72 degrees, open area, no metal nearby, no radio towers, it has 17 satellites, its in gps mode F, props are DJI and balanced, and it's never been crashed. The only thing I'm missing is a priest. So 2 seconds into hovering, the camera gets fixed perfectly in one direction, but the bird is spinning, drifting and generally losing its mind. The motors rev. It spins left then right, goes a few feet up, down and everywhere else. Exorcism is all I can think of. I'm by no means an expert, so I'm lost.

How does it behave in "P" Mode?

Mine with the X5S twisted in the gimbal and was looking towards the rear and lens facing upward when I started it up this AM. I just put the X5S camera on this AM and took off the X4S. It did it again when I restarted everything too, gimbal moved all around and pointed backwards and up at an angle. It was on wet grass, and maybe why when it went into the auto-landing mode the gear stayed up and I had to switch it twice on the controller to get it the gear down about 1-2 feet from landing. I thought the 'Slide to Land' warning would lower it, but it didn't. Wet grass again maybe?

I moved it over onto the concrete and it started up normal and pointed ahead as it should.

Yaw is still very poor (Far too fast!) even at the slowest EXP settings of 1, and I may try 0 next time. The 45mm is too susceptible to jerky frames when yawing. Don't know if writing to the SSD would be better than the micro-SD for the 45mm (I don't have the SSD yet.). I need to try the Tripod Mode soon I guess, but I prefer to fly it manually if possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont