Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Defaults to .mov files (and a few other issues)

Reaction score
1. Video defaults to .mov format, no matter how many times I change it to mp4 . Anyone else had this issue? I haven't updated to newest firmware yet. Running 1.0.2 pilot app.

Also, today while flying in the exact same spot in the backyard as i did yesterday ( with no issues), I watched as the monitor went from GPS, to none, to P-Opti, back to GPS, and then to the flashing red warning of compass error, at which point I was just hanging on... even the commands from the sticks seemed wonky... And then everything calmed down and I was able to land. Checked things over.. No issues.. Took off for another test with 39% battery. Flew to middle of yard, and got the critical battery warning, and the quad landed. Temp outside was 39 degrees.

Came in house, turned things back on, battery reset to 35%. ( my first warning is set at 30%). I put it up and drank a beer. :)

This is the first time I've had any issues other than the drifting that has been discussed. I purposely haven't upgraded the firmware or the pilot app, waiting to read about issues. Do the newest versions address the problems I had? Any suggestions for the .mov problem?
Thanks in advance.

1. Video defaults to .mov format, no matter how many times I change it to mp4 . Anyone else had this issue? I haven't updated to newest firmware yet. Running 1.0.2 pilot app.

Also, today while flying in the exact same spot in the backyard as i did yesterday ( with no issues), I watched as the monitor went from GPS, to none, to P-Opti, back to GPS, and then to the flashing red warning of compass error, at which point I was just hanging on... even the commands from the sticks seemed wonky... And then everything calmed down and I was able to land. Checked things over.. No issues.. Took off for another test with 39% battery. Flew to middle of yard, and got the critical battery warning, and the quad landed. Temp outside was 39 degrees.

Came in house, turned things back on, battery reset to 35%. ( my first warning is set at 30%). I put it up and drank a beer. :)

This is the first time I've had any issues other than the drifting that has been discussed. I purposely haven't upgraded the firmware or the pilot app, waiting to read about issues. Do the newest versions address the problems I had? Any suggestions for the .mov problem?
Thanks in advance.

Just found the answer to the .mov question. This forum is getting a bit large..

The answer to the .mov question is that the pilot app lies. :) While the button goes back to the .mov, the app has changed your preference to mp4. So, now we can add " you can't trust what the app tells you" to the problems.
FWFW, it also defaults to PAL when you turn it off and then back on. I have to reset it to NTSC with each flight. Maybe that's a "lie" too.

One way to confirm the file is an mp4 file, download it to your ipad. It won't accept .mov files.

How do you download the mp4 files to the ipad? Through the app? Doe sit have to be connected to the controller and the drone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you download the mp4 files to the ipad? Through the app? Doe sit have to be connected to the controller and the drone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave everything on. From camera setting, touch the play arrow. That connects you to the last video you took. In the left corner of that screen, there are icons for deleting, etc. one is a download icon. Hit that, and you're good to go. It will tell you the type of files it will download. It takes a long time, and everything has to be running , so make sure you have battery left.
If you want to preview previous videos, there is an icon that looks like boxes on the right hand side of the original "play" screen. Click on that and you're reading what's on your SD card.

I download videos to be able to show friends.

I never used the download feature for videos, too long. Only used it for photos, there it's useful.
I do however often play videos "live" through the LB after a flight to quick review.

I don't, I just play them in the camera through the LB/app. No point in copying them to the tablet to just see what you've got IMO.

If you really wanted to copy the file to the ipad you could use the camera connection kit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth