Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Descent stability?

Reaction score
When descending yesterday I was cutting it close on battery life, so I was pushing it (manually) on my descent. I noticed the craft shakes and fights more than usual for stability when going down at a higher rate of speed.. I experienced this at around 3-4 mph vertical drop at 0 horizontal speed. Is it safe to go that speed during descent? Can I go even faster? What is the absolute known safe speed while landing? Is there a better way to get to the ground fast instead of going straight down?

Brian, Probably the back wash from the props, try some horizontal movement when descending that will keep you out of the prop backwash

When descending yesterday I was cutting it close on battery life, so I was pushing it (manually) on my descent. I noticed the craft shakes and fights more than usual for stability when going down at a higher rate of speed.. I experienced this at around 3-4 mph vertical drop at 0 horizontal speed. Is it safe to go that speed during descent? Can I go even faster? What is the absolute known safe speed while landing? Is there a better way to get to the ground fast instead of going straight down?

Brian, your Inspire experienced what is known as Vortex Ring State, or VRS, because in a high speed vertical descent, the Inspire is sinking into its own prop wash, as pointed out by @bsigman above. Any movement to the side or forward and back (right stick pitch or roll) will move it away from the dirty air and provide more control. And keep an eye on that battery life. ;)

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
always try to descent diagonal or in one way, like descent going forward and descent at the same time, always keep on moving, never descent fast vertical, to avoid crashes.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips