Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disabling the No Fly Zone protection

Perhaps. But with the stuff fixed and new in the next FW most folks will want to update.

Thanks for pointing out this bug though. Good to get it fixed before an Inspire is sent places it's not meant to go.
you are aware you can buy and build a number of drones without these gps nanny features, many of them far cheaper than the inspire arent you? Nothing personal and no offence meant, simply saying it to prove the point but who are you to tell me where i can and cannot go with my 3000$+ machine?

you are aware you can buy and build a number of drones without these gps nanny features, many of them far cheaper than the inspire arent you? Nothing personal and no offence meant, simply saying it to prove the point but who are you to tell me where i can and cannot go with my 3000$+ machine?

Knock yourself out

Knock yourself out
thought i inferred it with my nothing personal and no offence comment, but it appears you may have taken offense, lol! Sorry, perhaps i should be more clear. I do not mean you personally, i meant DJI. there are many other drones on the market without such nanny features why do they feel the need to limit its functionality? if you read these forum much youll notice many people complaining of being hired to do a job in a NFZ who have permission but their 3000$ drone wont work so they lose income. A 200 drone will work but a 3000 one will not? not cool at all. get what im saying?

correct, the problem being that the VPS is a pile of useless shite. I was thinking about actualyl removing mine and seeing what happens... the only problem with removing it being that in an auto landing situation it would then definatly not know its height...... although in practice the thing is worse than useless and I think id rather it just came down slowly until it hits the floor and tries a yaw twist like the phantom
Isn't the lightbridge located in or around the VPS?

Hello again DJI guys ! it would be nice also if we can some how decide to use GPS or Optical Flow Sensor and it is not an automatic function. That will make us more confident about flying indoors ...

Hello again DJI guys ! it would be nice also if we can some how decide to use GPS or Optical Flow Sensor and it is not an automatic function. That will make us more confident about flying indoors ...

VPS can be disabled in the app. GPS, not so much.

i do not want to disable it my friend, if i not wrong Inspire controller decide when to use is and when not depend on GPS signal strength, ir you are in P mode it automatically decides to use GPS or VPS so what i mean is that i would like to decide by myself.

I have raised this on the DJI forum. Professional Commercial Operators who can provide an appropriate CAA License should be allowed to remove the No Fly Zones. DJI should be able to provide a code or password that can be input into the iOS App somewhere to override the restrictions.

I have raised this on the DJI forum. Professional Commercial Operators who can provide an appropriate CAA License should be allowed to remove the No Fly Zones. DJI should be able to provide a code or password that can be input into the iOS App somewhere to override the restrictions.

I saw your post there and DJI Ed's response. They need to figure out a way to make it non-transferable and locked to the aircraft/operator.

I saw your post there and DJI Ed's response. They need to figure out a way to make it non-transferable and locked to the aircraft/operator.
Yes I totally agree. I do believe though that it is certainly something that DJI could do with ease if they really wanted to.

Yes I totally agree. I do believe though that it is certainly something that DJI could do with ease if they really wanted to.
I have already raised this request with DJI R&D.
Whilst, in theory, it is very easy to code and implement it is more difficult to police and requires additional administration.
If I give my CAA number to DJI they would need to verify it as a valid and current PFAW held with the CAA.
They would then need to issue a 'code' that can be input into the app to unlock the no fly restriction.
Not impossible, but onerous for DJI.
Watch this space though.... I'm working on them :p

I have already raised this request with DJI R&D.
Whilst, in theory, it is very easy to code and implement it is more difficult to police and requires additional administration.
If I give my CAA number to DJI they would need to verify it as a valid and current PFAW held with the CAA.
They would then need to issue a 'code' that can be input into the app to unlock the no fly restriction.
Not impossible, but onerous for DJI.
Watch this space though.... I'm working on them :p

Yes verification from UK CAA is very easy. They have a register of Approved Operators and business names. DJI could just look up the register and check themselves. I believe it is update each month
https://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1995/14Jul15RptUAVcurrent.pdf
I wish they did!
The CAA list is nearly always at least two months out of date.
Additionally, anybody could say they are 'ABC Aerial Ltd' and how would DJI check they are actually who they say they are and not someone taking a punt at name on the list?
As I say, the logistics need to be sorted. We'll get there though. :)

Well the other issue DJI will have with the UK CAA is actually communicating with them.

It is physically impossible to contact these guys and have meaningful communications. If you try to telephone you get an answer machine telling you they are unable to answer UAV queries and if you email them you get automated response and no one replies. Yes they are under staffed, but this is no way for a civil authority to act, it is totally unprofessional and lacks any business ethics. The CAA must change their attitude and or resources to recognise and enable some form of business communications for UAV Operators.

I seriously doubt if this will ever get resolved with DJI and CAA. If as a commercial operator we need to fly within proximity of airfields with respective approval from the CAA and ATC, I think you will have to get a different platform to the Inspire and perhaps alternative manufacturer to DJI.

The other way that DJI could make this work is for them to give permission against specific aircraft serial numbers that have been registered within CAA Approved Ops Manuals. Only the specified owner will have that information, which can be verified with the CAA as they obviously have copies of submitted Ops Manuals.

I have flown around airports doing pictures for people
The no fly restriction just stopped me from going above 120 meters
I contacted the control tower about plane times and gave my mobile number incase of an emergency, not that that's going to change the restrictions

I tried the aluminum foil trick, and one day it worked, and the next day it did not work. The site I was flying at was to the side of the airport about a quarter of a mile away, but where DJI put the circle impacted the no fly zone, and there was no aircraft in sight all day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg