Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disabling the No Fly Zone protection

DJI, the no fly zone circle is a horrible ideal. At the site I mentioned, off to the side a quarter mile away, I could not fly. Might be even half a mile away. Anyways, no maned aircrafts would ever be in my area. But if I wanted to, and I would never, I could fly right off either ends of the runway as the circle went right to the edge of the ends of the runways, which is where the manned airplanes are at critical points of take off an landing. This is where most sightings of supposed drone spotting are happening, so basically your circle is not working. If you "DJI" want to make No Fly Zones work right, you should use rectangle boxes along each runway, and extend them a couple of miles going in and out from the edge of the runway. So please DJI, "Do It Right"

Aaron, you should post that question in another thread, with a subject of "Inspire Play-load limit". You will get more responses.

Rather than a bird specific code, let the OWNER decide. I'd like to see them give a pop-up with the rules, regs, parameters, etc. The pilot would have to acknowledge the note. Once read/acknowledged the thing can fly.
Read, acknowledge and promptly ignore ... That will be the common attitude of those who don't believe that there should be any constraints.

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this. There needs to be a level of authority built into the app. Just like how there are levels of the Dji sdk you can apply for. Level 1 is out of the box with no fly zones and beginners mode (distance and altitude restriction). Level 2 removes beginner mode but requires photo I.D. proof of ages 18+ . Level 3 requires a current sport pilot certification or higher and removes the no fly zones. This way the spoiled kids can get a toy and play safely. While the professionals can be professional and fly responsibly.

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this. There needs to be a level of authority built into the app. Just like how there are levels of the Dji sdk you can apply for. Level 1 is out of the box with no fly zones and beginners mode (distance and altitude restriction). Level 2 removes beginner mode but requires photo I.D. proof of ages 18+ . Level 3 requires a current sport pilot certification or higher and removes the no fly zones. This way the spoiled kids can get a toy and play safely. While the professionals can be professional and fly responsibly.

you had me on the hook for a second but this is the same mentality of gun control. it only affects law abiding citizens making it harder for them and criminals will still have guns just as easily as before.

here is a thought. instead of trying to control EVERYONE hold each pilot accountable for their own actions. just because 1 person flys where they shouldn't doesn't automatically mean all other quad copter pilots will. ditch the no fly zones all together and if someone wants to fly at a commercial airport without permission let the law take care of em.

Reactions: locklin
Rather than a bird specific code, let the OWNER decide. I'd like to see them give a pop-up with the rules, regs, parameters, etc. The pilot would have to acknowledge the note. Once read/acknowledged the thing can fly.

"Ala Akbar!" is an example poster child of the problem, frankly. We can't "just trust" anymore.

Thus we need NFZ's enforced.

"Ala Akbar!" is an example poster child of the problem, frankly. We can't "just trust" anymore.

Thus we need NFZ's enforced.
Nonsense, dji is the only one with the nfz, there are tons of cheaper and more expensive drones with none. It's a gimmick

Nonsense, dji is the only one with the nfz, there are tons of cheaper and more expensive drones with none. It's a gimmick

Well I for one hope they lock it down to A2 and WKM and N1 and 3DR gets on board and it's a federal US law.

Enough crazy religious nut jobs seeking their imaginary 72 virgins without having drones as viable tools at their disposal.

Let them at least sacrifice themselves instead of hiding in cowardice with a remote control a mike away.

Won't stop someone from trying.
As far as stopping terrorism it's a joke. You don't need any flight controllers to get that done! Any rc airplane,helicopter, or take your pick of vehicle with a camera and transmitter that doesn't require a flight controller would be at their disposal anyway even if all the manufacturers added NFZ,s to the flight controllers. Absolutely no way to stop it if someone wants to do it bad enough!
This NFZ is only affecting a very few knuckle heads and a whole bunch of honest good people capable of making intelligent decisions from flying thier $3000 multicopters

Last edited:
Reactions: locklin
If the NFZ is for stopping terrorism then what's to stop them from getting certified as commercial pilots so they could get the NFZ free firmware if that became an option?
There are just to many possibilities, so if that's what they are attempting to do with this NFZ thing it's a total waste of time!

If the NFZ is for stopping terrorism then what's to stop them from getting certified as commercial pilots so they could get the NFZ free firmware if that became an option?
There are just to many possibilities, so if that's what they are attempting to do with this NFZ thing it's a total waste of time!

There is no "NFZ free firmware for commercial pilots". If you guys need to fly at airports, go build a WKM or 3DR based drone while you still can.

It's nothing any enthousiast/amateur/hobby pilot would even have to care to think about. For them it is legally impossible to get an exemption, in any no fly zone, (Not just the ones DJI impose) anyhow.

This discussion is on the wrong forum.

There are people who also ignore speed limits. Does that mean all cars should be controlled not to exceed the posted limits?
It would certainly safe me some tickets. I can be quite ignorant when it comes to speeding. Most of the time I'm not even in a hurry.

There is no "NFZ free firmware for commercial pilots". If you guys need to fly at airports, go build a WKM or 3DR based drone while you still can.
I realise there isn't any NFZ free firmware but that's what the op is wanting to become available so I brought it up as a possibility if you truly believe the NFZ is being implemented to stop terrorism.
I already had 3 other fpv multi-rotor systems before getting the i1. Two of them have DJI flight controllers the other has a simple wii based controller and all are unaffected by the NFZ put in place on the i1.
I got confused...sorry...I thought this was the post by the Editor regarding having the NFZ disabled if your a certified commercial pilot. :)

Last edited:
also it would be nice that DJI included an additional knob to stop motors immediately and open a parachute in case of an MC failure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44