Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji focus Inspire 1 Pro / Raw

Reaction score
This is for a dji inspire 1 pro with x5 camera.

I just got dji focus and I'm trying to see if it's possible to control zoom and focus, without having to change modes on the focus controller. Eg. Either zoom mode, focus mode or aperture mode.

My use is for asset inspection to have the camera operator zoom and focus without using the screen.. which is quite a hassle with the 175mm lens.

Also for use with a fixed prime lens to be able to control aperture and focus on the go for cinematic shots.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This is for a dji inspire 1 pro with x5 camera.

I just got dji focus and I'm trying to see if it's possible to control zoom and focus, without having to change modes on the focus controller. Eg. Either zoom mode, focus mode or aperture mode.

My use is for asset inspection to have the camera operator zoom and focus without using the screen.. which is quite a hassle with the 175mm lens.

Also for use with a fixed prime lens to be able to control aperture and focus on the go for cinematic shots.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but my comment may prevent you from spending too much time finding an answer.

It's my understanding that all DJI cameras (including the Inspire 2 offerings) can only adjust the aperture in steps. The inability to rack the aperture pretty much takes all DJI offerings out of the "serious cinematography" race. Just food for thought.

D

Reactions: The Editor
I know this doesn't answer your question, but my comment may prevent you from spending too much time finding an answer.

It's my understanding that all DJI cameras (including the Inspire 2 offerings) can only adjust the aperture in steps. The inability to rack the aperture pretty much takes all DJI offerings out of the "serious cinematography" race. Just food for thought.

D
Thanks, yea I know that it's stepped. My main use is for photos but would be nice to play around with the video side of things too.

Cheers

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I have recently fitted the focus wheel 2 to my I1 Pro,One click on the lens button changes from focus to aperture, apparently another click to the lens button changes to zoom mode but from my understanding zoom will only work with the Z3 camera, hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
I don’t have a zoom lens so can’t test this at the moment, but it is nice to have fine control with focus, especially on the osmo.

I have recently fitted the focus wheel 2 to my I1 Pro,One click on the lens button changes from focus to aperture, apparently another click to the lens button changes to zoom mode but from my understanding zoom will only work with the Z3 camera, hopefully someone will prove me wrong.
I don’t have a zoom lens so can’t test this at the moment, but it is nice to have fine control with focus, especially on the osmo.
Thanks, from what I've read, the focus wheel 2 isn't compatible with inspire 1 Rc straight out of the box.
Zoom does work on the x5 with 175mm lens.

Thanks, from what I've read, the focus wheel 2 isn't compatible with inspire 1 Rc straight out of the box.
Zoom does work on the x5 with 175mm lens.
The I1 Pro V2 has the C type controller, so the canbus has 5.5v at the plug, so the FW2 fits and works.
So which FW are you using to control zoom on the 175mm?

The I1 Pro V2 has the C type controller, so the canbus has 5.5v at the plug, so the FW2 fits and works.
So which FW are you using to control zoom on the 175mm?

How do i detect C type controller? And does FW2 wprk with slave remote also? What about is it firmware related?

Look on the back of the rc, after the serial number is a letter
A,B or C, the C type came out with the V2.
If the slave rc is C type as well I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
my I1 is on the latest firmware along with rc and focus wheel.

Look on the back of the rc, after the serial number is a letter
A,B or C, the C type came out with the V2.
If the slave rc is C type as well I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
my I1 is on the latest firmware along with rc and focus wheel.

First I have a Focus Wheel 2 on my I1. It can work a powered zoom lens. I've used it with my Olympus 14~42. Second it will not work with the slave. The Focus has to be plugged into the master. I want to say even the I2 is the same. I have one C controller and a modded B controller they will both work as masters and have all function but neither will work with the slave and Focus.

There is no doubt I have arrived very late to the race. But even so here I am and full of enthusiasm. I do have a focus wheel one. I have found the wiring how to use to connect the focus wheel to the drone. I’m not afraid of or opposed to experimentation however I’m wondering if anybody who has tried out connecting a focus wheel one to the inspire 1 controller has done so with success. My interest is in the focus function only. I have nice lenses for my X5 but struggled a bit with perfect focus. So I want to be able to have excellent focus for photography only. I’m not extremely concerned about the video. Would anyone be willing to share experience with this? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44