Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
I was able to watch the video before it got pulled. Lots of tech and features especially when compared to the Go Pro Karma. But no details on the camera or sensor or bit rates. Guess we will find out in half an hour.

No comment really apart from it looks good, but as someone whose paid money to do this commercially, I find it worrying that the rest of the world is just going ahead now and shooting their own footage/photos with ever easy to use drones while breaking all the rules and I'm the stupid mug worrying about doing things by the book when no one else cares, or is punished.

I was led to believe if you use drone content to promote yourself its classed as commercial.

As someone whose tried to do things the right way, I'm starting to feel like an endangered species, not just because the tech is easier to use, but simply because go pro and dji are making it really socially acceptable to do this.

So instead of being paid to get property aerials, its going to be really tempting for estate agents to just get them themselves, while I don't blame them, I'm starting to feel let down by the CAA who were pretty heavy handed in making threats about you not jumping through their many costly and expensive hoops, only to see, everyone else is breaking the rules on a constant basis and I'm starting to feel like an idiot trying to follow the rules in a world where hardly anyone else is.

Anyone else shares my concerns on this?

Not really. If the clients budget only allows for go pro footage then I don't want to be involved in the project. Just like when clients want DSLR prices with RED quality I just laugh and tell them good luck. Then a few months later I sit back and laugh at the end product.

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot
No comment really apart from it looks good, but as someone whose paid money to do this commercially, I find it worrying that the rest of the world is just going ahead now and shooting their own footage/photos with ever easy to use drones while breaking all the rules and I'm the stupid mug worrying about doing things by the book when no one else cares, or is punished.

I was led to believe if you use drone content to promote yourself its classed as commercial.

As someone whose tried to do things the right way, I'm starting to feel like an endangered species, not just because the tech is easier to use, but simply because go pro and dji are making it really socially acceptable to do this.

So instead of being paid to get property aerials, its going to be really tempting for estate agents to just get them themselves, while I don't blame them, I'm starting to feel let down by the CAA who were pretty heavy handed in making threats about you not jumping through their many costly and expensive hoops, only to see, everyone else is breaking the rules on a constant basis and I'm starting to feel like an idiot trying to follow the rules in a world where hardly anyone else is.

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time and money over the past year and a half trying to be compliant.... So, I feel ya.

i think its great sounding so far. it won't replace my i1Pro but then it doesn't have to. I do travel quite a bit and have yet to bring the I1 with me. Its too cumbersome and id worry about checking it onto a plane. the amount of features they've packed into such a portable unit SOUNDS amazing. i will however wait and see when it ships & the reviews are out.

Reactions: JamesSpringPilot

So instead of being paid to get property aerials, its going to be really tempting for people to just them themselves, while I don't blame them, I'm starting to feel let down by the CAA who were pretty heavy handed in making threats about you not jumping through their many costly and expensive hoops, only to see, everyone else is breaking the rules on a constant basis.

Anyone else shares my thoughts on this?

I can see where you are coming from with this however my opinion is that most people are aware that a drone operator needs a "drone license" as they seem to refer to it as and i have been asked this many times. An estate agent would be a fool to use someone who wasn't insured

i think its great sounding so far. it won't replace my i1Pro but then it doesn't have to. I do travel quite a bit and have yet to bring the I1 with me. Its too cumbersome and id worry about checking it onto a plane. the amount of features they've packed into such a portable unit SOUNDS amazing. i will however wait and see when it ships & the reviews are out.
Well, what it does replace is the Phantom 4...

Does it? Its not just a new line?
"The camera uses the same sensor as the Phantom 4, shooting 4K video at 30 fps and full 1080p HD at 96 fps. It has a 12-megapixel camera with support for Adobe DNG RAW. The field of view is a little smaller, shrinking from 94 degrees down to 78. You also don’t lose much in terms of flight performance: the Mavic Pro claims to offer 27 minutes of battery life on a single charge and has a top speed of 40 miles per hour — just shy of the 45 mph you get on the much larger, more powerful Phantom 4."

I was so hoping for an Inspire 2. Is there any chance I missed it in the Mavic release? :(
Just remember, they could have released the new Osmo mobile and Mavic together but, what's the fun in that. DJI would rather have multiple big press releases even if they are just a week or so apart. A new and improved Inspire is coming.

Reactions: Stacy Cobb

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop