Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI OSMO Vehicle Mount

Reaction score
The OSMO handle rosette mount does not attach flush with the screw rosette mount of the OSMO Vehicle Mount. The teeth of the rosette mounts do not fit flush together even after tightening the mounting screw per the OSMO Vehicle Mount Quick Start Guide. The OSMO and handle just wobble rendering the Vehicle Mount unusable. I cannot tighten the mounting screw without damaging the rosette mount in the OSMO handle.

After paying for and waiting three (3) months for the Vehicle Mount I cannot even use it because of what appears to be defect in the spacing between the rosette mounts when the two items are mated.

Went back to the store where I ordered and purchased the Vehicle Mount, Built Drones. The proprietor, Chad, was very helpful and tried connecting another Vehicle Mount directly out of the box to an OSMO with the very same results. It appears to be a DJI manufacturing defect either in this batch of Vehicle Mounts or all DJI OSMO Vehicle Mounts. It appears the thumb screw shaft is too long to draw the respective rosette mounts flush together.

So...I still do not have a resolution for the DJI OSMO Vehicle Mount not attaching correctly to the DJI OSMO and handle.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Mine was shipped direct from DJI and does not have that problem. Connection feels sturdy. Maybe the shop has a bad batch.

in germany first there was sold....but dji says that this item have problems....all the vehicle mount must go back :)

OK I ordered my vehicle mount from DJI ebay store at the beginning of November, they did not ship until mid December. When I asked them they spoke of a manufacturing issue that's causing the delay, a bad batch is likely what happened.

Thank you for your response and input Marvin. Just to confirm...DJI stated the DJI OSMO Vehicle Mounts delivered in Germany were having problems and all DJI OSMO Vehicle Mounts must go back to DJI?

Yes my Seller send about 20 pieces To different costumers, and then he got The Message from Dji To send it back because there have a Problem.

My seller was angry about this....he has much work with this.
For The Last Months i See Dji has massive Problems and Quality and delivering.
1. Problems Propeller Lock
2. problems broken Harnisch
3. Problems Batterie

And more Problems like no x5 Adapter for The osmo and this for Month.
Dji is a Big Company and i dont understand what Problems.

Wow that sucks man... i'm on the waiting list (back order) as well been waiting since late oct hopefully i dont get a defective car mount.

Wow that sucks man... i'm on the waiting list (back order) as well been waiting since late oct hopefully i dont get a defective car mount.
Finally got mine and its A1 super solid but i wouldnt shoot a car scene with my Osmo mounted on the hood i have a real car mount from rig wheel for that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry