Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji pilot app not for ios anymore ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
there is no more support for ios pilot app from dji.

i just got an update to 1.0.2 for my android tab.

cannot even find download link or file for my ipad air2.

Iv also got the air 2 solely for the inspire running version 0.9.2 this is a joke tbh what's happening between dji and apple

See the thread in the news section of the board. It explains all. Personally, I don't think the app is going to be back on iOS for a long while, if at all.

The App will be up on the App Store in a few days....

We apologize for the confusion and lack of information, but our app will be available on iOS device again a couple days' time, we are waiting on approval to have it officially hosted by the Apple App store in the next few days. Again, sorry for the confusion and hold tight.

DJI Pro Support

DJI Technology, LLC
6424 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

The App will be up on the App Store in a few days.... We apologize for the confusion and lack of information, but our app will be available on iOS device again a couple days' time . . .

For people to believe that, DJI must provide more detailed information. A great deal of information has been released by others, including that the app was being distributed as an Enterprise app in violation of Apple policy. Some people who know a lot about Apple and IOS predicted that Apple would shut down the app, and it was shut down shortly after that prediction. There is now concern that Apple will not allow video sent to an IOS device via a USB/Lightning cable and that this dooms release of the app via normal channels. Since the first prediction proved true, people are more likely to believe the second.

I have asked my dealer to delay shipment of our Inspire until this is resolved and will likely cancel our order if it is not. I was very patient with the shipping delays, became concerned at the dangerous product malfunctions, and am now considering that there just may be too much wrong here for the Inspire to be a sensible purchase.

I would love to hear an impassioned, well reasoned argument from DJI as to why I should not have these concerns.

All they need to do is have the app up by weeks end. If that happens, case closed.

Reactions: Soflms
They have corrected everything, including some issues that have effected only a few of the units out there in a very timely manner. You are free to buy one or not.

Doesnt anyone have the IOS app for me please!! I just got my inspire, Cant fly wiithout checking all firmware etc and compass calibration without the app.
Am I the only one who's screwed.
Someone must be able to send a link to the app file we can load into itunes?

Doesnt anyone have the IOS app for me please!! I just got my inspire, Cant fly wiithout checking all firmware etc and compass calibration without the app.
Am I the only one who's screwed.
Someone must be able to send a link to the app file we can load into itunes?

Try this:

For folks who have Apple IOS devices and need/want to install the app.

IPA download for iOS app 0.9.2
wink.gif
- http://tinyurl.com/nzp8v9k

Use www.i-funbox.com to install the IPA file (DJI IOS app) from a PC/Mac to your IOS device. (I-funbox is free)

Instructions
1.) download the ipa file to your desktop from : http://tinyurl.com/nzp8v9k
2.) download and install the ifunbox app on your pc/mac from : www.i-funbox.com
3.) Plug in your iOS device to your pc (do not launch itunes)
4.) launch ifunbox app and click on install app option. Point to ipa file
5.) enjoy flying your inspire

I hope this helps. This should hold folks over until the IOS app is approved/released on the App Store

They have corrected everything, including some issues that have effected only a few of the units out there in a very timely manner.

They may have corrected things as they came up, but some of these things were foreseeable and extraordinarily dangerous at a time when the FAA is actively trying to make it almost impossible to own or operate anything like the Inspire. All it would have taken was for ONE of these flyaways to strike and seriously injure someone and you'd find every single one of these products grounded in the US (not just the Inspire, but everything like it). That's what the US government WANTS to do - they're just looking for an excuse. It's of great concern that DJI was not more careful. Meanwhile if you were unlucky enough to own an Inspire that caused serious injury you would be facing $millions in civil liability and trying to name DJI as a co-defendant (and needing tens or hundreds of thousands to pay your lawyer to even try to make that claim). That's a big chance to take.

And they had to know that proceeding to distribution using an Enterprise release of the IOS app would have this result, and did it anyway.

So yes, if they fix it that's dandy, but as these issues mount up we have to be asking ourselves how many others there will be.

They may have corrected things as they came up, but some of these things were foreseeable and extraordinarily dangerous at a time when the FAA is actively trying to make it almost impossible to own or operate anything like the Inspire. All it would have taken was for ONE of these flyaways to strike and seriously injure someone and you'd find every single one of these products grounded in the US (not just the Inspire, but everything like it). That's what the US government WANTS to do - they're just looking for an excuse. It's of great concern that DJI was not more careful. Meanwhile if you were unlucky enough to own an Inspire that caused serious injury you would be facing $millions in civil liability and trying to name DJI as a co-defendant (and needing tens or hundreds of thousands to pay your lawyer to even try to make that claim). That's a big chance to take.

And they had to know that proceeding to distribution using an Enterprise release of the IOS app would have this result, and did it anyway.

So yes, if they fix it that's dandy, but as these issues mount up we have to be asking ourselves how many others there will be.

Apparently your appetite for risk does not extend to flying multi-rotors. May I ask, how much experience do you have, and in what craft?

If you've flown them for any amount of time, you would have to realize that this craft is not unique in it's development and public deployment. RC modelers, 3D heli builders, early multi-rotor adopters have dealt with faulty controllers, flyaways, malfunctioning GPS, balky video feedback, and other assorted disasters. It comes with the territory. Nothing new here: This is not the drone you're looking for, to quote from a famous Star Wars movie.

Quadpilot

Well I hope the link will serve the purpose for our fellow inspire pilots. I really want the Inspire to flourish and see this aircraft been another milestone in this sector. The phantom opened things up and I believe the Inspire will take it to the next level.

Apparently your appetite for risk does not extend to flying multi-rotors.

Do you understand the current political climate? This has nothing to do with my personal appetite for risk. This has to do with a hard push by the FAA to regulate quads to the point where no one can fly them, with full support of certain members of Congress (like Diann Feinstein). This has to do with a government that is anxiously awaiting an opportunity to overregulate and not wanting to give them that opportunity. I started flying RC aircraft in the early 1970s, and the political climate was NOTHING like it is right now. The success of the quad market and the implication that anyone with a pulse can now be out there flying one has changed the landscape significantly. Don't shoot the messenger - let's figure out how to solve it (or at least not make it worse). That starts with manufacturers not being tone deaf to what's going on out there.

I appreciate that your simply highlighting the issue. Here in the UK 'The Drone' is reported in the tabloid newspaper as a menace and always sensationally. I think every new technology had similar evolution - the mobile phone and driving, camera phones and privacy , Lipo battery technology etc.

I do believe that any large scale negative publicity works both ways. If the forums end up becoming a 'place of scaremongering' it will serve as self fulfilling prophecy. Had I read this forum I would never purchased the Inspire1. In fact I purchased it when the negative reports started to come in. Having read the posts and taken in what is relevant I can only say that my experience has been very positive. If I had a runaway Inspire no doubt I would have been very angry. However I can also see that there far more owners who are flying the aircraft and enjoying it tremendously. Like anything revolutionary one can only learn by pushing the boundaries. The Risk averse culture we live in now will only serve to stifle progress. I do believe that this market is changing from a 'select few' to the 'mass market' and there will be the associated 'growing pains'

Do you understand the current political climate? This has nothing to do with my personal appetite for risk. This has to do with a hard push by the FAA to regulate quads to the point where no one can fly them, with full support of certain members of Congress (like Diann Feinstein). This has to do with a government that is anxiously awaiting an opportunity to overregulate and not wanting to give them that opportunity. I started flying RC aircraft in the early 1970s, and the political climate was NOTHING like it is right now. The success of the quad market and the implication that anyone with a pulse can now be out there flying one has changed the landscape significantly. Don't shoot the messenger - let's figure out how to solve it (or at least not make it worse). That starts with manufacturers not being tone deaf to what's going on out there.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar