Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Reports Soaring Into Clouds, FAA Says

Well then your the only republican I know that wants more government, Republicans want "Less Government" That's the whole meaning of a Republican. That's what make them different from democraps didn't you know this? Anyway..... I think you have paranoia thinking that they can access everything.... They can't.. Don't feed into the hype of the media it's only gonna make you more paranoid....
#1 If purchase a drone from dji it has sn#'s..... and yes if they wanted to they sure could obtain info on where and who purchase it, However, what if i sold it to someone on craigslist then what? Do you want it to be like the Dept. of Motor Vehicle to the FAA? Then you will pay TAXES!!! Are you crazy???
and
#2 "You don't need a phone to fly a drone!" END OF STORY!!!! Come on be real.....

Happy Flying!

Long time Republican, I'm just into the "real" world,,,,the government is going to take action, its just a guess what it will be.

If they wanted the serial numbers, they can get them. Just remember, any picture you take with your cell phone, contains the GPS coordinates from where the picture was taken,,take a copy or print something on any printer, it also encodes the make, model and SERIAL number of the copier,,,

What's your plan to stop the drone sightings,,,,head in the sand?
Oh really? Where exactly does it print this printer make model and serial number on the page you just printed? Does it use invisible ink? Lol

Drones aren't going anywhere, they aren't going to cause an airplane to crash even if they hit one. These fixed wing units are made of foam and nothing is flying at this height they could hit anyway you know. . .

Reactions: Drone Mastery
Oh really? Where exactly does it print this printer make model and serial number on the page you just printed? Does it use invisible ink? Lol

Drones aren't going anywhere, they aren't going to cause an airplane to crash even if they hit one. These fixed wing units are made of foam and nothing is flying at this height they could hit anyway you know. . .

it has been true for years

Imagine that every time you print a document, it automatically includes a secret code that could be used to identify the printer -- and, potentially, the person who used it. Sounds like something from a spy movie, right?

Unfortunately, the scenario isn't fictional. Most color laser printers and color copiers are designed to print invisible tracking codes across every single printed page of their output. These codes reveal which machine produced a document and, in some cases, when the document was printed or copied.

that is from

http://www.instructables.com/id/Yellow-Dots-of-Mystery-Is-Your-Printer-Spying-on-/

but go ask anyone you know in law enforcement

Well then your the only republican I know that wants more government, Republicans want "Less Government" That's the whole meaning of a Republican. That's what make them different from democraps didn't you know this? Anyway..... I think you have paranoia thinking that they can access everything.... They can't.. Don't feed into the hype of the media it's only gonna make you more paranoid....
#1 If purchase a drone from dji it has sn#'s..... and yes if they wanted to they sure could obtain info on where and who purchase it, However, what if i sold it to someone on craigslist then what? Do you want it to be like the Dept. of Motor Vehicle to the FAA? Then you will pay TAXES!!! Are you crazy???
and
#2 "You don't need a phone to fly a drone!" END OF STORY!!!! Come on be real.....

Happy Flying!

I don't want there to be more regulation, but it appears it is necessary. If we do nothing, neither you nor I will have much input into it,,so what either one of us thinks doesn't really matter.

If we are proactive and try to work to find a solution and show that the people that fly drones aren't all crazy, we might have a chance to control the outcome,,if we sit and wait, it will be whatever politicians want it to be

it has been true for years

Imagine that every time you print a document, it automatically includes a secret code that could be used to identify the printer -- and, potentially, the person who used it. Sounds like something from a spy movie, right?

Unfortunately, the scenario isn't fictional. Most color laser printers and color copiers are designed to print invisible tracking codes across every single printed page of their output. These codes reveal which machine produced a document and, in some cases, when the document was printed or copied.

that is from

http://www.instructables.com/id/Yellow-Dots-of-Mystery-Is-Your-Printer-Spying-on-/

but go ask anyone you know in law enforcement
That's a good one, haven't heard that before. Sounds like something you'd see on the onion news network. My printer doesn't make mysterious dots of any color on my paper, even if it did why would you care if someone knows your printer serial number? I think it's time to take of the tinfoil hat and come outside and play

There is a 'pecking order" with the FAA, and I'm sure other countries aviation enforcement, drones are at the bottom, and that won't change.

Ultralights are just above that, then "regular" private aircraft,,the freight operators are above that, emergency aircraft are way up the list and above everything are the commercial passenger airlines (forgive me if I skipped a few).

If drones were being sighted by single engine Cessna's with 2 people on board it wouldn't be in the news, they are being seen by passenger airlines and emergency aircraft,,,the people that fly these are considered to be the most important pilot (for good reason).

The only way to combat this will probable be the FAA having serial numbers on all drones, so if one is doing something dumb, it can be confiscated and the operator or owner made an example of.

The first time someone goes to jail for flying a drone in a way that endangered others, the faster people will realize this isn't a video game.

Has any commercial or emergency aircraft
rocket.png ever reported Estes Rockets. This Rocket alone reaches 1900' feet!!!

Has any commercial or emergency aircraft
View attachment 3234 ever reported Estes Rockets. This Rocket alone reaches 1900' feet!!!
Does the faa and the local news know about these? Someone call them quick before it's too late and they down a commercial jet! I think I saw one by an airport. Can't believe these are legal for 10 year olds to buy!

Reactions: TrumperyDust
...If they wanted the serial numbers, they can get them. Just remember, any picture you take with your cell phone, contains the GPS coordinates from where the picture was taken,,take a copy or print something on any printer, it also encodes the make, model and SERIAL number of the copier,,,...
Whew! I'm safe. I don't take pictures with my old school flip phone.

It seems like almost every day in the USA there's a news report about a drone flying near aircraft. .
My question is to the pilots who don't live in the states is do you have the same issue??
Is it a common occurrence in Europe? ?

As a pro photographer, my hope is that the FAA makes you take a class and then have a special licenses to do images commercially. I hope the class is $1000 and the yearly licenses is around $250!!!

That should get rid of the riff raff!!

Kirk Voclain
Www.kvphoto.com

Well I have a report also.Last night I was flying when I heard something coming from behind.Was very surprised to see a helicopter coming and this one was under 80 mtr(240ft).So all I could do was to come down asap.Wonder WTH he was doing there,because there is nothing off an airport in my flying area.
I have had several similar experiences. I happens a lot along the beach. Aircraft flying very low. They come upon you so fast that about all you can do is hold steady and try to reduce altitude and hope they see you. I rarely go above 100 feet and usually lower. Last week I was out shooting one of our construction projects in a populated areas. The I1 was directly over my head at about 80 feet. I heard the air plane coming but could not tell the direction. But as I looked up it passed over my head and directly over the drone. All I could do is hold my breath. I am a pilot also and I can tell you that guy was way to low over a populated area. I get that some drone pilots are completely out of bounds where they are flying these drones. But the aircraft pilots need to take some responsibility here also and maintain FAA mins.

As a pro photographer, my hope is that the FAA makes you take a class and then have a special licenses to do images commercially. I hope the class is $1000 and the yearly licenses is around $250!!!

That should get rid of the riff raff!!

Kirk Voclain
Www.kvphoto.com

And the UAV owned by said pro should have to cost no less than $15,000. You know, a really really good one.
Surely that will eliminate more riff raff, no?
Sarcasm off now.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido