Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone Reports Soaring Into Clouds, FAA Says

And the UAV owned by said pro should have to cost no less than $15,000. You know, a really really good one.
Surely that will eliminate more riff raff, no?
Sarcasm off now.......
No not necessissarialy!?!?

I have some professional images taken with an iPhone! It not how much you down on the camera that makes the image. But rather the operator of the camera that makes the difference!!!

I'm just saying!!

Kirk

I'm tired of the FAA & press over reaction. No one does the math. Take a conservative estimate and assume 500K units sold up to 1H 2015. Now divide the 650 "incidents" [not accidents] and you get 0.0013. I wish other things had that kind of safety record.

As a pro photographer, my hope is that the FAA makes you take a class and then have a special licenses to do images commercially. I hope the class is $1000 and the yearly licenses is around $250!!!

That should get rid of the riff raff!!

Kirk Voclain
Www.kvphoto.com

I'm totally with you. Let's weed out the idiots.

A good website with some nice images you have there Kirk.

I have said this in many quad groups on Facebook, but has anyone ever been caught in the reported instances and or better yet has anyone taken or provided a picture of these drones that have been sighted...Everyone has a camera on them (cell phones) but nothing has been shown. I find this very odd in todays world with all the TV news people...Alot of hype I think.

Reactions: Gary E
It seems like almost every day in the USA there's a news report about a drone flying near aircraft. .
My question is to the pilots who don't live in the states is do you have the same issue??
Is it a common occurrence in Europe? ?
I know it's pretty tough to fly in France.Rules and laws everywhere.An incredible amount of places you are not allow to fly.In my country(Netherlands )there are reports and laws are being made.Had someone today coming up to me and complaining about "privacy" allthough I was almsot a mile away.But she heard something and came up to me.She allready did a quick search on the internet about "her rights". She found out she has nothing to complain.:)

Reactions: SultanGris

I have some professional images taken with an iPhone! It not how much you down on the camera that makes the image. But rather the operator of the camera that makes the difference!!!

I'm just saying!!

Kirk
Not sure about the iPhone but my Samsung has a way better quality still camera than the inspire, lol

Reactions: Drone Mastery

I'm just saying!!

Kirk
And they should over tax autos and require an expense licence fee to weed out the bad drivers and the "riff raff"? Maybe the same for fast food restaurants to limit the number of obese people? Where would it end? Just saying.

And they should over tax autos and require an expense licence fee to weed out the bad drivers and the "riff raff"? Maybe the same for fast food restaurants to limit the number of obese people? Where would it end? Just saying.
It's a stupid idea and will never be implemented, even if it was it would never be enforced unless possibly some dillhole called to try and turn in his competition.

As a pro photographer, my hope is that the FAA makes you take a class and then have a special licenses to do images commercially. I hope the class is $1000 and the yearly licenses is around $250!!!

That should get rid of the riff raff!!

Kirk Voclain
Www.kvphoto.com

I don't know where you got your license but where I live it's a little bit more expensive to fly commercial. About 2200Euros for the pilot certificate, another 2200 for the airworthiness certificate of the craft, another 1500 Euros for the Ops manual template, another 500 euros to have it certified, and another couple of hundred (depends) on operational procedure and flying exam, medical examination, aircraft pre-certification modifications, mandatory insurance. And I miss a couple of things I'm sure.

That adds up to around 10.000, including your inspire1. Add up a few hundred hours of your time to get it all done before you even are able to send your first invoice.

I expect to see the scenario you painted for hobby pilots flying anything capable to go higher than 120m, and that license will only be for recreational flying, not commercial. And I'm afraid for the true enthousiast/hobby pilots. They will be the victims. Not the gadget guys who don't give a ...., which are most likely the ones doing the damage.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa