Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drone use in Europe

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm brand new to this forum and have read many wonderful posts from you all.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer and I would really like some input as to taking one or more of my drones with me. I have read so many conflicting stories telling of drones being confiscated, not allowed to be used, etc. I just know that someone out here knows the truth and can help me out. As of now, I'd like to take my Mavic Pro and I2 on this trip, but I definitely will not take either if there is a chance of coming back home without one or both of them. The countries we are looking at are England, Ireland, Germany, France and Italy.
Any real knowledge of regulations and or restrictions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello All!

I'm brand new to this forum and have read many wonderful posts from you all.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe this summer and I would really like some input as to taking one or more of my drones with me. I have read so many conflicting stories telling of drones being confiscated, not allowed to be used, etc. I just know that someone out here knows the truth and can help me out. As of now, I'd like to take my Mavic Pro and I2 on this trip, but I definitely will not take either if there is a chance of coming back home without one or both of them. The countries we are looking at are England, Ireland, Germany, France and Italy.
Any real knowledge of regulations and or restrictions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I operate commercially in the UK so am conversant with the countries UAV aviation laws.
Assuming you are a hobby flyer (different rules apply if you wanted to shoot commercially) you will have no issues bringing a UAV into the country provided you abide by your Airlines/TSA’s Rules on traveling with lipo packs.
As long as you follow the CAA hobby rules for UAV flying which they refer to as ‘The Drone Code’ http://dronesafe.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Dronecode.pdf
You will be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop