Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Drones for kids

Reaction score
So my mini me (8yrs old) has hinted he wants a drone next month. Does anybody have any advice or experience with kids drones.
I see there are tons of kids drones but have no experience and have been told most of the really cheap kids drones are crap and hard to fly.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Reactions: rbycapri

dirkclod

Staff Member
Reaction score
Mini 1 or 2
Welcome to the forum.
Also If you don’t have one or ever had one you need to study up
big time. Lots of laws you have to go by not to mention all that
goes with having one. Check out YouTube.

Reaction score
Bougth my youngest this Sanrock U61W with camera. Think it is a good starter drone and not too expensive to keep in the air. Very basic camera, but enough to keep them entertained.

Last edited:
Reaction score
mini 2 costs about 600 bucks or less if 2nd hand.

i teach ppl fly drones for a living.

my humble suggest is
buy him and buy yourself two mini fpv drones like " xmax tinyhawk" or a "cetus pro" with stabilized flight, a benniger fpv kit.

its not gonna be cheap as 50$ should be about 600-700 bucks.
but as father you are going to spend lots of time with him learning together batteries, management, skills, crashes and laughs , aside positive vibes being together father-son.

there are fpv pilots that are 5 years old! so age is ok too.

these kind of drones are extremely durable no worries for a crash.

camera drones like dji are quite boring for a kid unless you want him sitting in front of a monitor learning how to post a photo or editing..

all the best !
EMAX TinyHawk III FPV Racing Drone RTF Bundle

Reactions: CoreySnipes
Reaction score
A Tello with a Bluetooth controller like a GameSir is a good drone to learn to fly indoors. They've got an easily accessible API kit, can be a good way to learn to code a drone. They're tame, stabilized with downward vision, will hover in place if you let go of the sticks, makes it easy to learn to fly and move on to less tame FPV drones or better cameras depending on the kid's interested...

Reactions: CoreySnipes

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drtsf9vg