Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DS-30 Anti-Collision Strobe Light Kit for Inspire 1

Ordered a Red one from Ralph today... Great idea to solve a need... :cool:

Mount, battery, charger... this kit makes it simple... and part 107 legal (I believe)...

$109 plus shipping... good value for what you get... :)

Last edited:
Well this is a tough crowd. But, we all are working to a common goal. I just ordered the Stork drop and Anti-collision beacon, and plan on fitting these to the Inspire 1 (my code name Millennium Falcon) for SAR. Now I am looking for headlights. Got any? Yes, I may need a part 107 waiver for night SAR or drops, but I can handle that and I will post the waiver request for others to see. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! (not guys lol), meant no disrespect to the ladies in the drone world. You have to remember where I am from (KY) , saying "Hey Guys" is an inclusive term that includes men and women alike. None the less If I offended anyone, I apologize. Some of you were wanting test results that verify the performance of the DS-30 for night time flying. The following attachment is a report showing the results of one of our previous strobes that was rated at 81 candela and It measured out at 5 NM on page 20 of the report. The current DS-30 anti-collision strobes are rated between 250-300 candela. According to the USCG chart, this gives us a 7-14 NM at night. Report No. CG-D-06-12 was submitted by the Aviation Branch of the United States Coast Guard (Research and Development Center). I hope this information is helpful for all!

Attachments

• DS-30 Coast Guard Results Testing.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Turns out that there is a straight forward way to ask for a waiver for night flying, but the 107.23(b) "dropping" regulation is not one of the waivable provisions. BUT, that regulation should not a problem if you are dropping items in the context of a SAR. It reads (a full readable pdf of Part 107 that I prepared is attached):

§107.23 Hazardous operation. No person may:
. . . .
(b) Allow an object to be dropped from a small unmanned aircraft in a manner that creates an undue hazard to persons or property.

Presumably if you are dropping something to people who need to be rescued you won't be creating an undue hazard. So, this regulation doesn't need to be waived; we should just be careful and prudent in what and where we drop.

This may be one of the few times you are going to get free advice from a lawyer. rosepatents.com

Attachments

• 14 CFR Part 107.pdf
    163.8 KB · Views: 10
Interested in one! How do we select colors / what colors are available and recommended?

Anyone test these out yet? Any effects on night-time photo/video?

Hello em tea

Yes these have been thoroughly tested by the professionals at FlyHighUSA as well as some of our Professional colleagues. There is zero affect on pictures and video when using the strobe.

The best option for overall visibility is our white strobe. It has a candela rating of nearly 300 and is rated at up to 14 miles visability at night. Well over the minimum 3 mile requirement now. If you have anymore questions give me a shout.

Hey buddy I will post shortly. Just tweaking a few things to finish the production design. The lines and angles of the I2 are very different than the I. Plus the position of the bracket is challenging but we have it figured out.

This is very bright; I doubt that there is anything brighter for a drone available for sale. In fact, be careful while installing the light on the Inspire that you don't accidentally turn it on; it seems bright enough to temporarily blind you. This uses the North American Survival Systems DS-30 Drone Strobe; the value added here is a battery case that fits under the strobe and is molded to fit on the tail of the Inspire with pre-cut velcro, and a rechargeable battery. The case is nicely notched so that it does not obscure the tail indicator lamp of the Inspire. See attached photos. The specs clearly show compliance with Part 107 for Civil Twilight flight, and I see nothing that leads me to doubt the specs. A good purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_2080.JPG
    IMG_2080.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
Update!, We are sending out several orders each day so everyone will get there DS-30 soon. I ran out of micro switches so I had some overnighted to me at FlyHighUSA and we never missed a beat. I want to say how thankful I am of the amazing support you guys show us and we want you to know we really do appreciate your business and friendship. If any of you need anything at all special just give me a shout and I will do my best to oblige. Fly Safe out there my friends.

Reactions: Steve Reid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy