Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dual operator Gimbal roll re-assign

Reaction score
Hey everyone... I'm looking for a way to re assign the gimbal roll on the SLAVE controller only. I'd like to be able to have my cameraman control the gimbal roll with what would usually be the single operators camera tilt up/down dial on the upper left portion of the controller. Anyone know of a setting? Or should we ask nicely for DJI to give us the option to re assign knobs, buttons or dials beyond the C1 and C2 on the back...

Last edited:
Screenshots_2015-05-11-23-07-38.png I'm looking for something beyond those settings, that part is setup to my liking already. I'm trying to assign gimbal roll to the left dial on top of the controller, but only for the second controller the camera guy is using. This could all be done in the custom settings menu you referred to

Last edited:
This would be a fantastic improvement. Almost as good as fixing the horizon tilt problem in the first place.

Reactions: Soflms
I really hope enough people can comment on this thread to make it happen in the next firmware update. I also wouldn't mind seeing an alarm or warning that your camera is still rolling if you disarm the motors. (as long as we can shut this option off, for those of us that use our inspire with no blades on like a ronin :rolleyes: )This would prevent anyone from turning the inspire off while its still recording, and ending up with a corrupt video file.

I looked but didn't see anything, Is there a thread of things we'd like to see improved on during the next firmware updates? DJI definitely hears the things said in these forums, especially though the mods. Correct me if i'm wrong? Like I said I looked and didn't see a thread based specifically on what improvements we'd like to see. I feel like walking on eggshells, seems the mods have been on a lockdown frenzy on the forums lately.

Last edited:
I wish DJI would have their product managers watching forums and gathering feedback from customers, but frankly I just have no evidence to think that's happening.

Indeed not possible at this point. But why don't you just map roll to a stick? Even better IMO, and possible already.

Because then you need to assign cam tilt and yaw to a single stick. Nowhere near as smooth for camera movement. Hence the reason video game consoles have 2 sticks

Reactions: Filsonian
View attachment 1670 I'm looking for something beyond those settings, that part is setup to my liking already. I'm trying to assign gimbal roll to the left dial on top of the controller, but only for the second controller the camera guy is using. This could all be done in the custom settings menu you referred to
I would leave also really like to see this option!

Try this link in You Tube slow starting but shows you how to set up the slave TX.

That is great as far as set up goes, however I want my roll to be assigned to the finger left spring loaded finger wheel on the camera operators control. This is not an option as of yet, I hope it will be in future updates!

good idea, i have been advocating for more programming options for the inspire remote since day 1 and this is another good idea, less reliant on software for the human element to kick in and fix the problem manually, make it happen dji.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool