Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FINALLY APPROVED ND-FILTERS !

- 2 stops. You definitely will need -3, -4 and -5. At very shiny places a ND-6. In other terms: ND 8-16-32-(64)
Yesterday I asked factory to study for the inspire1 and graduated 1/3 ND3 (-1,5 stop) applied on a ND8 and ND 16 to obtain a more balanced exposure when video shooting with shiny sky. I Tested an ND4 graduated, for me it is too much and not natural anymore. Still I have a doubt for ND2 or ND3.
By the way: we are almost ready for the second shipment (300 filter sets) just waiting for their arrival at Mai 19th. Also, all stock has almost gone: a 30 sets left.
Bravo to all of you !
Renaat

From a another poster:

------

The ND4 filter that comes with the Inspire is -2 f-stops

The ND filter set from Renaat has the following strengths:

the ND8 is -3 f-stops

the ND16 is -4 f-stops

the ND32 is -5 f-stops

In my limited testing with shooting 4k video @ 30fps, so far these are my choices:

No ND filter at night, dusk or very dark days.

ND4 for cloudy days.

ND8 for bright sunny days when shooting mostly non reflective scenery.

ND16 for bright sunny days when shooting mostly reflective scenery.

Based on what I saw with the ND8 & ND16 filters, the ND16 should be good for snow covered sunny days, but in extreme bright conditions a ND 32 might be required.

From a another poster:

------

The ND4 filter that comes with the Inspire is -2 f-stops

The ND filter set from Renaat has the following strengths:

the ND8 is -3 f-stops

the ND16 is -4 f-stops

the ND32 is -5 f-stops

In my limited testing with shooting 4k video @ 30fps, so far these are my choices:

No ND filter at night, dusk or very dark days.

ND4 for cloudy days.

ND8 for bright sunny days when shooting mostly non reflective scenery.

ND16 for bright sunny days when shooting mostly reflective scenery.

Based on what I saw with the ND8 & ND16 filters, the ND16 should be good for snow covered sunny days, but in extreme bright conditions a ND 32 might be required.
Agreed, just to add: all depends too of your fly style and subject, how much cinematic blur you want. That is a personal choice.

So I had my two first flights today with Renaats ND Filters. Well, actually filter. I put on the ND16 due to the sunny weather and I must say I am very pleased with the result. The ND16 enabled me to get a correct manual exposure with a shutterspeed of 1/100 and ISO200. Video quality was set to 1920x1080/50. If you want a professional result, the manual mode in Inspire is the way to go! ND16 seems to be quite right, when flying under the Norwegian sun anyway!

So I had my two first flights today with Renaats ND Filters. Well, actually filter. I put on the ND16 due to the sunny weather and I must say I am very pleased with the result. The ND16 enabled me to get a correct manual exposure with a shutterspeed of 1/100 and ISO200. Video quality was set to 1920x1080/50. If you want a professional result, the manual mode in Inspire is the way to go! ND16 seems to be quite right, when flying under the Norwegian sun anyway!

Can you possibly post your color grading details for ND16?

Thx!

Hmm is there an order page somewhere now? I've checked the first post but still didn't see any "official" place for ordering...

Mine just shipped yesterday...woohoo! Any idea how long it takes to get to US? 1 week, 2 weeks?

ND16 is the only one I use, it works fantastic for any daylight shooting up in Alberta. 1/60 shutter speed, ISO 100 and perfect image and colour

Reactions: damoncooper
Mine arrive tomorrow and I ordered 4 more complete sets from Renaat as soon as I got my shipping update.
These are really the only way we can properly expose and get motion blur etc. in the footage. Should be a MASSIVE improvement to an already mind blowing image.
Have to say, Renaat has given me great faith in the somewhat murky waters of personal digital transfers, the guy is super on top of his business, I hope he makes a forutune!!

Reactions: Rainbowers
Today we sent out the last parcels of the second shipment. Soon all will have their tracking numbers of this shipment. Next days we have some rest eating cherries from a farmer friend, corporate video shootings and perhaps send out a 10 sets we have in spare. All fans we confirmed in the 2nd shipment are in delivery.
In the very small spare time, we created a graduated ND3 on 1/3 applied on ND 8 and ND 16. The factory will deliver a sample next tuesday. It is a rather complicated production. It will give more space in exposure (log) for better color grading. Keep you informed. Furthermore we work on the Phantom3 for new barrel, and a barrel for the GoPro. This will be very exclusive as you will be able to combine filters (less weight sensitive as the very well balanced Inspire1). The rest we keep secret.
We wish you all happy to produce more professional results.IMG_3138.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873